• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want this page to end

iR606zh8K5BWR.gif

it doesn't have to

tumblr_m3ao0mFOjJ1r0qmqfo2_500.gif

Kyon

Banned
Hey now! I stan for Britney too (really, such different artists and between 1999 and 2004 you were in Pop Heaven if you stanned for both, so I never really got the feud). but lets not count our chickens before they hatch.

From all reports, Britney's presense on X-Factor is inoffensive at best, and embarrassingly vacant at worst. She'll bring in initial ratings to be sure, but I'm having a hard time seeing her coming out of this without her brand being tarnished.

Her brand was TARNISHED with her meltdown. The was the worst time of her career. Idt being the Paula of Xfactor will tarnish anything. The general population will always see her as a trainwreck

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I listened to Fever a few times today. Free of flaws.

Kylie_Minogue_Fever_album_cover.jpg

Rare situation where the singles from the album are undeniably the best tracks on it, too.

Christopher

1. Gotye f/ Kimbra, "Somebody That I Used To Know" (=)
2. Carly Rae Jepsen, "Call Me Maybe" (=)
3. Maroon 5 f/ Wiz Khalifa, "Payphone" (=)
4. fun. f/ Janelle Monae, "We Are Young" (=)
5. Nicki Minaj, "Starships" (=)
6. Flo Rida f/ Sia, "Wild Ones" (=)
7. One Direction, "What Makes You Beautiful" (=)
8. The Wanted, "Glad You Came" (=)
9. Justin Bieber, "Boyfriend" (=)
10. Phillip Phillips, "Home" (HOT SHOT DEBUT)

Whennnnnnnnn are you charting??

Is that really the top 10?

Aside from the shock of recognizing several of the songs, that's a remarkably sad list.

That shade didn't go undetected.

tumblr_m3ao0mFOjJ1r0qmqfo2_500.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

WHYB has actually done pretty well on Digital and Airplay, it's just that Phillip did some amazing digital numbers this week that negated what WHYB did on Airplay. WHYB is ahead of BF in digital and airplay now, so so a Top 10 next week is quite likely.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Five weeks on the chart and yet to break the top 10. It might do it, but it might be time for the Navy to admit that this boat wont leave drydock any time soon.

Bladenic

I like 5 of those songs. Guess that ain't too bad.

But I am surprised WHYB didn't crack top ten with the AI performance last week. Of course it was a shitty performance so..

Trigger

Just for the sake of infusing our thread with new music, I'd like to remind POP-GAF that Kimbra's new album Vows came out. It gave me life today. I know she's been mentioned once or twice, but new artists don't get enough praise
and I'm still trying to get rid of "Euphoria" from my brain cells!! >_>

C5FOI.jpg

Some stand out tracks, IMO.

Cameo Lover
Old Flame
Call Me

royalan

Her brand was TARNISHED with her meltdown. The was the worst time of her career. Idt being the Paula of Xfactor will tarnish anything. The general population will always see her as a trainwreck

Do you really think Britney's handlers would let her sit at a judge's table doped-up on pain meds and completely unhinged aka Paula Slaydul? Paula wasn't just popular on Idol because she was nice and sweet. She was popular because she was goofy and opinionated and you never knew what she was gonna say or do. She was completely 100% raw. I don't think we're ever gonna get that from Britney.

Britney's going to sit there, smiling, playing the part of the useless, cute, stupid-as-fuck female judge that producers think the audience wants. I think we're going to be hard-pressed to ever get a genuine moment from her on the show. It really is sad, actually.

I had no idea Britney Spears was still releasing albums, much less popular ones. Last thing I remember hearing from her was that song she did with Madonna way back when.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Five weeks on the chart and yet to break the top 10. It might do it, but it might be time for the Navy to admit that this boat wont leave drydock any time soon.

Continually increasing audience impressions and digital sales and somehow it won't break the top 10? I thought we left this MESS on the last page?

Bye Gosling.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I had no idea Britney Spears was still releasing albums, much less popular ones. Last thing I remember hearing from her was that song she did with Madonna way back when.

You're missing out on Blackout then, which is probably her joint-best album with In The Zone.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Continually increasing audience impressions and digital sales and somehow it won't break the top 10? I thought we left this MESS on the last page?

Bye Gosling.
Remind me again how many weeks now you've been telling us that next week is the week it breaks the top ten? I think your crystal ball is broken.

royalan

RYdcC.png

Xtina is coming.

tumblr_lt47ekznke1qdf8w1o6_250.gif

2Rzjv.gif

YESSSSSS.

About time!!! It's been too quiet on the Xtina album front.

And can I just take this time to say that I LOVE Darkchild? He's never had his moment in the "spotlight" like egotistical producers Timbaland and The Neptunes, but he's been one of the most consistently good producers in the Hip-Hop/Pop space for years. Content to stay in the background, making hot beats for our faves and collectin' his checks.

Cynosure

I do nothing but say nice things about your fave and you have the NERVE to come for mine.

lol it's not that serious. Don't take it personally, you're like the best Britney stan and one of my favs here <3.

All I said is that Shitney is an awful performer, the absolute worst in pop music. Yup, you know dis.
ri02.gif

Trigger

\
And can I just take this time to say that I LOVE Darkchild? He's never had his moment in the "spotlight" like egotistical producers Timbaland and The Neptunes, but he's been one of the most consistently good producers in the Hip-Hop/Pop space for years. Content to stay in the background, making hot beats for our faves and collectin' his checks.

This nuggest is worth quoting because of how true it is. I'm amazed by how many songs I liked that he's touched. His discography is crazy. I also like that his songs stay true to the artists (something I can't say for Timbaland or the Neptunes).

Kyon

Banned
lol it's not that serious. Don't take it personally, you're like the best Britney stan and one of my favs here <3.

SISSSSSSSSSSSS ily ;________; *BritneyHuggingXtina.gif*

Edit: @Robido idt ive seen you here before. Plz introduce yourself and your Faves :)

DMeisterJ

Banned
I thought this was Mariah at first.

Stealth shade?

Let me know when your fave puts out anything even remotely as influential as 2000s Kylie continues to be. Until then,

http://www.abload.de/img/xvrzahfx73.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

It'll be easier for me to notify you when she HASN'T put out something influential since she's been putting out something influential since she stepped in the game.

botty

Banned
2Rzjv.gif

YESSSSSS.

About time!!! It's been too quiet on the Xtina album front.

I wonder how she will reinvent herself this time. Although, Darkchild being involved makes me believe she's going back to her Stripped roots.

And if she does...

26494072_cry_gif.gif

royalan

the bigga the betta the bigga the betta the bigga the betta the betta the bigga #darkchild

I'm blaming that 100% on Nelly Furflopo since it sounds so much like a desperate attempt to recreate her Loose era, but without Timbaland.

I wonder how she will reinvent herself this time. Although, Darkchild being involved makes me believe she's going back to her Stripped roots.

And if she does...

She's already confirmed that she's writing and recording from a very "Stripped" place in these new era studio sessions. As we know, Stripped was so good in part because Xtina had a lot of things to get off her chest. Our diva works best in the face of trials and tribulations, so with all the things she's gone through these past two years I have no doubt this album is going to be flawless and emotional.

26494072_cry_gif.gif

This nuggest is worth quoting because of how true it is. I'm amazed by how many songs I liked that he's touched. His discography is crazy. I also like that his songs stay true to the artists (something I can't say for Timbaland or the Neptunes).

He's also responsible for the TIMELESS and WIG-SNATCHING "Shake Ya Body" by Tylegend Banks

I STILL rock this track. The world just wasn't ready for the slaying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom