• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Sony slays the lessors at E3. FLOPtendo, even with a new console, just CAN'T.

Im afraid your faves will not survive The Last of Us tbh.

Majmun

That Nintendo conference

meCvN.gif

Majmun

All conferences were a total mess. No wonder I don't play much games anymore. Gaming has gone pretty much to shit with all the franchises wanting to be like CoD or Michael Bay movies.

But the Last of Us is definitely the best game of E3. I need the game NOW dammit

ib0e9R7V15ECii.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I cant hear you over this awesome gif

untitled-1qyljh.gif

that you tried to throw PopGaf under

Not here for a game whose only contribution to humanity is 'realistic head deformation physics'. At least Last of Us looks good and a semblance of justification for its violence. The new God of War looks like the same reheated, over-violent, tedious slop they've served up in every other game.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I also think it's interesting that Ubi added that rider to the end of AC3 about how it's not a game about the British being evil, when it's pretty obvious that it's a game about the British being evil. I wonder if your final target will be George III.

Trigger

Such NOTORIETY. POP-GAF stays in the hearts and minds of the PRESSED.

I also think it's interesting that Ubi added that rider to the end of AC3 about how it's not a game about the British being evil, when it's pretty obvious that it's a game about the British being evil. I wonder if your final target will be George III.

Don't worry magic or some such nonsense will end up being the real threat behind the evil Brits.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
[edit]nvm not going to open old wounds.

@Trigger: They've seemingly even dropped the 'enemies on all sides' line from their PR spiel. Now we should 'buy the game to find out who the true foes are'. I don't need to, babes, it's pretty obvious who it is.

Majmun

Ugh, GAF is surely hating on POP-Gaf lately. What's up with that. But it's better to ignore the haters

UGibx.gif

And I will definitely get a WiiU eventually. I can't live without the Nintendo games.

Least interested in the new Xbox.

tfWsH.gif

not here for...that

Regardless of the pettiness of it, y'all gotta be careful.

I can live with a Pho or Koodo ban, but if Kyon goes again I'm not sure I'd be able to function.

Mze8v.gif

Regardless of the pettiness of it, y'all gotta be careful.

I can live with a Pho or Koodo ban, but if Kyon goes again I'm not sure I'd be able to function.

Mze8v.gif

Detecting a little shade here.

iYnfqqzw2phE5.gif

Everything Sony showed was DREADFUL, btw.

Wonderbook? GROUNDBREAKING. LOL.

Beyond? Beyond Caring.

God of War XXVIIIVIVMCXLLLLL? Reductive.

The Last Of Us? Like some old man and his underage Thai hooker.

Vita? Even Whitney possesses more life.

0.2/10

Bladenic

Detecting a little shade here.

iYnfqqzw2phE5.gif

Everything Sony showed was DREADFUL, btw.

Wonderbook? GROUNDBREAKING. LOL.

Beyond? Beyond Caring.

God of War XXVIIIVIVMCXLLLLL? Reductive.

Vita? Even Whitney possesses more life.

0.2/10

Yeah because Microsoft and Floptendo just hit it outta the park eh? Check yourself.

Majmun

XxJcC.jpg

XxJcC.jpg

YOU DID NOT

ibdA8MLFBB5YmW.gif

The Last of Us is what the industry needs. I'm really getting tired of the current CoD era. Even Splinter Cell has become a dudebro shooter now.

Everything about TLOU reeks of magnificence. Naughty God shall deliver...again. They're unstoppable. No other developer could, really.

The Last of Us is what the industry needs. I'm really getting tired of the current CoD era. Even Splinter Cell has become a dudebro shooter now.

Everything about TLOU reeks of magnificence. Naughty God shall deliver...again. They're unstoppable. No other developer could, really.

Hmm yes, TPS with cover mechanics and an annoying sidekick.

GROUNDBREAKING.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't know why they showed TLOU with some pretty standard-fare TPS gameplay. Unless that's the kind of game it is, in which case, why are you ruining such an awesome idea, Naughty Dog?

The big 3 flopped big time. I still haven't watched the Microsoft conference to determine the one closest one to Xtincta LEVEL FLOP but I was deeply disappointed. Nintendo was literally handed a win and they gave it up with Wii Fit, Karaoke. MINIGAMES and SUPERFUNFUNLAND.

I thought Wii U was supposed to win back the hardcores? So out of touch and completely oblivious to what their fans expect from these presentations.

Praying for your GAMING TASTE Phono. Hope that you RECOVER.

tumblr_lztj4mCvtf1qewmu6o1_500.gif

I rest easy at night knowing that MY TASTE will never lead me down a DARK PATH that leads to JUDGING ON X-FACTOR.

The big 3 flopped big time. I still haven't watched the Microsoft conference to determine the one closes to Xtincta LEVEL FLOP but I was deeply disappointed. Nintendo was literally handed a win and they gave it up with Wii Fit, Karaoke and MINIGAMES.

I thought Wii U was supposed to win back the hardcores? So out of touch and completely oblivious to what their fans expect from these presentations.

Hew knew Ubisoft would COME UP THE REAR and become the most interesting thing to happen this year.

Majmun

Hmm yes, TPS with cover mechanics and an annoying sidekick.

GROUNDBREAKING.

The demo showed some amazing gameplay elements. Everything looks so dynamic. And you actually feel weak in the game. No unlimited ammo scattered around, and no regenerating health bullshit.

And the girl isn't just a walking log like Sheva in RE5. She actually seems to have good AI, trying to help you out during fights. It looked great.

The game seems to be pretty slow paced. But I love that in games. Don't like hectic games anymore. Maybe I'm getting Madonn...I mean old.

Mau ®

I rest easy at night knowing that MY TASTE will never lead me down a DARK PATH that arrives at JUDGING ON X-FACTOR.

The same pop star who scored 2 #1 hits as well as top 3 hit and a top 10 last year. Btw she's getting HALF of what the Madge recieved for her 3 flop albums contract.

When will MDNA? Heck, when will the Hag?!

The demo showed some amazing gameplay elements. Everything looks so dynamic. And you actually feel weak in the game. No unlimited ammo scattered around, and no regenerating health bullshit.

And the girl isn't just a walking log like Sheva in RE5. She actually seems to have good AI, trying to help you out during fights. It looked great.

The game seems to be pretty slow paced. But I love that in games. Don't like hectic games anymore. Maybe I'm getting Madonn...I mean old.

Looked like mess of SMOKE and MIRRORS, just like the Uncharted games, where you're literally just PRESSING FORWARD to WIN.

The same pop star who scored 2 #1 hits as well as top 3 hit and a top 10.

When will MDNA? Heck, when will the Hag?!

I never named names. Pressed and defensive? Why would that be..

iP2s4RWIIM9jO.gif

Delio

You know what pissed me off? The TOTAL lack of confidence in the Vita by Sony. Sure toss all your muscle behind the PS3 and leave the handheld to die. *waits for butthehardwareisamazing*

botty

Banned
e3 has sucked the life out of me. Listening to the entirety of MDNA would be a less vapid experience.

tumblr_m4ungfrUqL1qfzm1d.gif

Ubisoft gave me life, but Sony soon took it away by showing off their biggest innovation in years: a book. While they let the Vita take the same path as Keri Hilson.

tumblr_m4vn5y6VIK1qj3ir1.gif

Then Nintendo started us off with a hit, then saturated me with flop game after flop game after flop game. I wish the conferences could have just been Pikmin 3 only... I now know how Rihanna stans feel when she releases an album.

#icant with an Xtincta stan trying to come for other faves quality, sales and chart positions.

Let me refresh your memory:

Bionic

Christina_Aguilera_-_Bionic.jpg

Burlesque

Precious2009-Cover.jpg

Need I say more?

Delio

Well f delio's tinychat. I ignored some idiot making noise and it somehow screenshotted the room posted a link and then some mod banned me? lol ALRIGHT TINYCHAT GAF go eff yourselves then.

Eh if anything it was an accident. I'm sorry if that happened.

Well f delio's tinychat. I ignored some idiot making noise and it somehow screenshotted the room posted a link and then some mod banned me? lol ALRIGHT TINYCHAT GAF go eff yourselves then.

If you were banned by accident, you can message Del, or me, or just post in the thread. It's E3 week and kinda crazy, accidents happen.

All three companies flopped this year.

- MS literally didn't show a game I'm interested in. Shooters and smartglass... yeah no.
- Sony at least gave us non-shooters, but I'm also not much of a fan of interactive movies. And wtf at the wonderbook + vita on life support?
- Nintendo had all the cards yet managed to be ultra boring. Mario pimping, dance, fitness and carnival games. Especially stingy since they're releasing a new console!!!

E3 was a train wreck
just like POP GAF

At least there was Ubisoft, of all companies, to deliver on the good stuff.

Soul, I think Halo 4 was one of the most impressive games I saw at E3. The art direction is just out of this world. I bought Halo Reach for that reason and I'll definitely be picking up Halo 4 for the same.

zHtZe.jpg

When will Madonnasaurus rex?

Have stretchmarks on her TITS?

Soul, I think Halo 4 was one of the most impressive games I saw at E3. The art direction is just out of this world. I bought Halo Reach for that reason and I'll definitely be picking up Halo 4 for the same.

Have stretchmarks on her TITS?

Well, as I said in the MS conference thread: I have zero interested in Halo, and I doubt that will ever change. It's just not my kinda of game. But for the first time they managed to make it visually appealing and "different" from the other main Halo games. Which should be applauded. I got a Metroid Prime vibe watching the footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom