• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Rihanna has tones of writing credits on Rated R (her best album).

There are two major mistakes in this post. I highlighted one.

itk33YoF6ZyxI.gif

SaintZ

Mau ®

Kylie has taken major creative control over her music and split from her original record company because she wanted to go in a direction they didn't want her to. She also writes or co-writes a lot of her stuff.

Rihanna took major creative control when she changed management and direction for her third album, as she was displeased with the way her career was being treated by her other management group.

She also writes or co-writes some of her stuff, as well as taking creative director AND executive producer roles on her last few releases.

Anything else?

itk33YoF6ZyxI.gif

botty

Banned
Rihanna took major creative control when she changed management and direction for her third album, as she was displeased with the way her career was being treated by her other management group.

She also writes or co-writes some of her stuff, as well as taking creative director AND executive producer roles on her last few releases.

Anything else?

itk33YoF6ZyxI.gif

It's a good thing someone intervened with her career. I can't imagine a world without We Found Love, What's My Name?, and Umbrella.

tumblr_m2e7d0CwW01qe73g3o1_400.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Anything else?

itk33YoF6ZyxI.gif

OK fair enough, I didn't know any of this.

And I still don't care about it either.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I actually don't really even think of Rihanna as an artist, per se. I guess because I only ever know her through her singles. I don't think I've listened to an entire album. But either way the singles from Loud were her best.

Mau ®

My Rihanna TOP 5 would be:

1.- We Found Love
2.- Man Down
3.- Rude Boy
4.- Cold Case Love
5.- What's My Name

Honorary mentions go to Only Girl (In Pop), Birthday Cake, Talk That Talk, Wait Your Turn, Hard, Firebomb and Good Girl Gone Bad (song).

My Rihanna TOP 5 would be:

1.- We Found Love
2.- Man Down
3.- Rude Boy
4.- Cold Case Love
5.- What's My Name

Honorary mentions go to Only Girl (In Pop), Birthday Cake, Talk That Talk, Wait Your Turn, Hard, Firebomb and Good Girl Gone Bad (song).

That's a pretty good list. Most of the songs mentioned are great. You even picked some of her best non-single songs.

(Only Girl, Firebomb and Birthday Cake are the "lesser" songs in that list though.)

1. What's My Name
2. Man Down
3. Rude Boy
4. Fire Bomb
5. Umbrella

At least no one is here for Stupid in Love.
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif
The one stain on an otherwise quite fabulous album.

Koodo

Banned
Cold Case Love is one of my faves from Rated R. The production reminds me of Final Fantasy X; the music was the highlight of that game.

Majmun

I'd say "We Ride", "California king bed" and "Disturbia" are her worst released singles so far. Those songs are so plain and boring.

DMeisterJ

Banned
We're doing top 5 Rih songs? Mine changes regularly, I think, but right now:

1. Don't Stop the Music
2. What's my Name?
3. Talk That Talk
4. Umbrella
5. Where Have You Been

Mau ®

I'd say "We Ride", "California king bed" and "Disturbia" are her worst released singles so far. Those songs are so plain and boring.

She shaded "We Ride" on twitter a few months ago.

I HATED California King Bed and then she released it as a single? When it flopped I was happy. Bitch better learn #neaux1curr for her ballads, unless they're Cold Case Love.

I dont care for Disturbia. I mean, I wont mind if it comes on the radio or anything, but I dont use it.

That's a pretty good list. Most of the songs mentioned are great. You even picked some of her best non-single songs.

Actually I forgot to put G4L in there. What an amazing track.

We an army, better yet #Navy, better yet crazy!
Gunnnnsss in daaa motherfucking airrrrr

Majmun

The perfect Rihanna Greatest Hits album:

01. Umbrella
02. We Found Love
03. SOS
04. Only Girl
05. What's My Name
07. Rude Boy
08. Man Down
09. Russian Roulette
10. Don't Stop the Music

I'm sure this one would be #1.

Koodo

Banned
Also, Good Girl Gone Bad has aged a lot; and she sounds like a child on the album (which she was). Umbrella is perhaps the only song that has held up.

Mau ®

And also, my fav Rihanna collabos are Take Care (FLAWLESS!!!!!) and All of The Lights (Also FLAWLESS!!!).

Also, Good Girl Gone Bad has aged a lot; and she sounds like a child on the album (which she was). Umbrella is perhaps the only song that has held up.

This is true. I played it the other day and her voice definitely changed since Rated R. It changed for the best IMO. It's edgier now.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Breakin' Dishes, Shut Up And Drive.

Umbrella is just annoying. Cannot stand that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom