• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
tumblr_m6dytjal311roewk4o2_1280.jpg

get that career boost dick demi

We could maybe just design it so that each person has 10 points to distribute among their faves however they choose. None of us have only one fave so it works out that way. So someone can do this...

Adele - 0 (+5)
Beyonce - 0
Britney - 0 (+4)
Gaga - 0 (+1)
Madonna - 0

And to make it more interesting we all could have 10 MINUS points to take away up to 10 points across the board. That way the ones we really hate get minus'd and thus ridiculed. Xtina fans would probably hate this though, lol.

So then you apply your minus points...

Adele: 5
Beyonce: 0 (-5)
Britney: 4
Gaga: 1
Madonna: 0 (-5)

... And then we move on from there. We can have someone moderate and update rankings as people participate, and if people end up wanting to change their distribution they can just make it known and the moderator can change it. If you guys like this idea then I can do it, coz it sounds hilarious.

Welcom new guys/gays!

The joyful exclusion of THE HAG from the chart delightfully highlights her infinitessimal relevance. *.*

457282_10151875771610035_1984022057_o.jpg

And where is ADELE?

iyeLChZycIT3N.gif

:O A++

We should all make our personal charts tbh but it should be standardized. We need to have a list of names we are going to grade on the chart scales so there's no "where is XXXX tbh?".

I agree. The cognitive dissonance of the stans cannot be contained with a single chart. Each stan lives in their own fantasy in which their fave is FLAWLESS.

We all know what a chart based on reality would look like:

ijtJ5LhXc8NFt.jpg

Get to it gurls

Bladenic

Just when Im about to start stanning Perra, she goes and does THIS

okIAQ.gif

Um LTTP much?

Her live performances have been awful since LONG ago.

Perry ain't all that talented though I do like her as a person. She seems pretty nice, humble, grounded, and thankful for her success and fans. The accompanying interview on Kimmel is pretty cool.

graph.jpg

Following Rocket's lead ^_^

And yeah Katy Perry's performances are consistently terrible. I stan only for her as a kickass person and for Teenage Dream. <3

botty

Banned
That was a really good performance considering the song is about a recent divorce. She kept it together, despite clearly looking like she was ready to have an emotional melt down.

#professional
#classy

I wish I knew then, what I know now.

Bladenic

That was a really good performance considering the song is about a recent divorce. She kept it together, despite clearly looking like she was ready to have an emotional melt down.

#professional
#classy

I wish I knew then, what I know now.

Botty please...

tumblr_m4cunpxBLX1r6qujn.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ok some of yall have to many different names in your lists, lets try to list them all and do this

Adele
Azealia Banks
Beyonce
Bjork
Britney Spears
Christina
Carly Rae Jepson
Demi Lovato
Gwen Stefani
Katy Perry
Ke$ha
Kylie Minogue
Lady Gaga
J.Lo
Jessie J
Madonna
Mariah Carey
Marina and the Diamons
Miley Cyrus
MIA
Nicki Minaj
One Direction
Superior Robyn
TRASH Robyn
Selena Gomez
Shakira
The Wanted

quote and add to this list

Oh is it, I never actually bothered paying attention to the lyrics because Wide Awake is shit.

Explains the look on her face at the beginning, I guess. What a mess.

Icicle

ok some of yall have to many different names in your lists, lets try to list them all and do this

Aaliyah
Alanis Morissette
Alicia Keys
Ashanti
Adele
Azealia Banks
Beyonce
Bjork
Brandy
Britney Spears
Carrie Underwood
Christina Aguilera
Carly Rae Jepson
Ciara
Demi Lovato
Destiny's Child
Duffy
Ellie Goulding
Fergie
Gwen Stefani
Janet Jackson
J.Lo
JoJo
Jessie J
Katy Perry
Kelly Clarkson
Kelly Rowland
Ke$ha
Kylie Minogue
Lady Gaga
Lauryn Hill
Leona Lewis
Madonna
Mariah Carey
Marina and the Diamonds
Miley Cyrus
MIA
Nicki Minaj
One Direction
P!nk
Rihanna
Robyn
Sade
Selena Gomez
Shakira
Spice Girls
Taylor Swift
The Wanted
TLC
Whitney Houston

quote and add to this list

Added quite a few more. If this is going to be the definitive list, it must be very inclusive!

botty

Banned
Ah, dirrty (dirrty)
Filthy (filthy)
Nasty, you nasty (yeah)
Too dirrty to clean my act up
If you ain't dirrty
You ain't here to party (woo!)

Keep it up, keep it up, don't be a pri, hey
Madonna, uh
You gotta get in line, hop
Tick tock tick tock tick tock
That's right, keep it up, keep it up, don't be a pri, hey
Madonna, uh
You gotta get in line, hop
Tick tock tick tock tick tock

Icicle

It does seem a little weird to have all these kweens on the list and then One Direction and The Wanted...is this list open to males and groups as well? I wasn't sure.

SaintZ

I'm probably going to be blasted but that list lacks my canadian punk princess Avril Lavigne. Though I'm probably the only one who likes her here :(

ETA: And it is missing Dalai Lana, WTH?!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm probably going to be blasted but that list lacks my canadian punk princess Avril Lavigne. Though I'm probably the only one who likes her here :(

ETA: And it is missing Dalai Lana, WTH?!
Sit, its not finished
Should JT even COUNT? He doesn't have a music career anymore.... literally

So are people that Icicle listed but they do get brought up and people stan for them
not sure what the limits should be
nzZjC.gif

I have literally no opinion of most people on that list so I'm gonna stick to the 10-12 people that I've listened to enough to form an impression.

Kyon

Banned
Is this chart about who you stan for?I only PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE and know the careers from the back of my hand of like 5-7 girls like real stanning(Also including Owning every single album, requested their songs on radio, vote for them on any poll,show they are in. Purchased the magazines they were featured in the cover,going to their concerts, purchased/gifted singles, stuff REAL stans do).
I just wanna know the rules. Cause i may like ALOT of other artists and DEFEND them but i cant call and will never call myself a real stan if i only like their music and dont know much else or care about them tbh

my list would be:

Britney Spears
Brandy
Shania Twain
Mariah Carey
Ciara
Rihanna
Lady Gaga

EDIT: And Recently Lana.

Thats all. The rest im only just any other fan.

Perra
Homewrecker-Icia Keys
Skeri BigBird Hilson
Crispy Chicken Wrap J Blige
Ashanti aka Sideburns aka Sideshow Bob

can all have a seat.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Is this chart about who you stan for?I only PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE and know the careers from the back of my hand of like 5-7 girls like real stanning.
I just wanna know the rules. Cause i may like ALOT of other artists and DEFEND them but i cant call and will never call myself a real stan if i only like their music and dont know much else or care about them tbh

my list would be:

Britney Spears
Brandy
Shania Twain
Mariah Carey
Ciara
Rihanna
Lady Gaga

I am only allocating a list right now, the idea is to rate them. Obviously who you stan for will have the most points while the lessers will have negative points and for those who you dont care you can just put 0. But its to see what PopGaf likes

I haven't thought about it that far, just making the list atm
nzZjC.gif

Kyon

Banned
I am only allocating a list right now, the idea is to rate them. Obviously who you stan for will have the most points while the lessers will have negative points and for those who you dont care you can just put 0. But its to see what PopGaf likes

I haven't thought about it that far, just making the list atm
nzZjC.gif

i edited my post lol guess you replied before i hit edit. Anyway alright.

Bladenic

Is this chart about who you stan for?I only PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE and know the careers from the back of my hand of like 5-7 girls like real stanning(Also including Owning every single album, requested their songs on radio, going to their concerts, purchased/gifted singles, stuff REAL stans do).

my list would be:

Britney Spears
Brandy
Shania Twain
Mariah Carey
Ciara
Rihanna
Lady Gaga

EDIT: And Recently Lana.

Thats all. The rest im only just any other fan.

Perra
Homewrecker-Icia Keys
Skeri BigBird Hilson
Crispy Chicken Wrap J Blige
Ashanti aka Sideburns aka Sideshow Bob

can all have a seat.

YES Kyon stan Shania. In only 4 albums and a Greatest Hits she's sold way more than like 90% of our faves could ever hope to. '

Ciara tho...

DMeisterJ

Banned
... What kind of FLOP ADELE stans do we have on this forum?

How come NO ONE has posted that the queen is PREGNANT. This is NOT a FAT JOKE, she has CONFIRMED that she is PREGNANT.

Ivory Blue or whatever the theif's baby name is, is now on notice. ADELE's baby is coming for the top of the charts

botty

Banned
... What kind of FLOP ADELE stans do we have on this forum?

How come NO ONE has posted that the queen is PREGNANT. This is NOT a FAT JOKE, she has CONFIRMED that she is PREGNANT.

Ivory Blue or whatever the theif's baby name is, is now on notice. ADELE's baby is coming for the top of the charts

Marius made a thread about it on OT. It seems Adele has been selected to bring forth the second coming, to fight off Beyonce's anti-christ.

Mariah's blessedt twins will probably play a part in this too.

B-Dex

How come no one ever mentions Britney or Christina's babies? Heck Mariah's get talked about more than those 2 combined.

But Bey parades hers around like some trophy....

Not sure what to think tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom