• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm not entirely sure why people need this to be anonymous. My opinions are well known.
I didnt want to cloud this thread with a poll, PMs are easier to deal with it tbh
but some people have reveal their TRUE COLORS ;)

And of course Perry deserves a bigger picture in the OP; at least one as big as that VILE TRASH Britney.

ibfX2rnSUYGWru.gif

royalan

u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif

Hold On To Your Hats, Hoes! NEW KELIS IS HERE!!!!

The new single that has been rumored for months now, "Distance", just leaked.

And well...

I'm not quite sure just how I feel about it yet.

Definitely serves as a cold, hard reminder that her Urban days are long behind her and she'll be continuing down the "Flesh Tone" path. But still, nothing about this excites.

Her vocals are as mysterious, smoky and sultry as they ever were, and the production on the track itself is giving me some early noughties Royksopp "Remind Me" clothing store teas, which I suppose isn't a bad thing.

But still - nothing about this song is popping for me.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Kelis' monotone delivery - which isn't exactly a bad quality - is not being done any favors paired up with equally monotone production. The result is something completely flat. Not offensive, but just not great. Compare this to Cassie's amazing "King of Hearts", where her equally monotone singing style is paired up with an exciting, pulsating, build-up-to-an-eruption beat, which serves up some delicious contrast.

I dunno....maybe it'll be a grower, but I was expecting better from an artist who used to set trends in her sleep. :(

Kyon

Banned
I mean, which pop stars were pressed?

Britney and Rihanna adore ADELE. Rihanna was able to get major hits (her biggest ever actually) while ADELE was shitting on everybody. Same with Katy. It's not like they were major album sellers before anyway.

ADELE became the IT gurl while making CaCa became the EWWW gurl. I can see why she'd be mad tbh.

Adele was winning Grammys before Gaga was even famous lol everyone seems to think she's new

New Kelis? I used to smang myself ruthlessly to that woman. She was so bangin'. Too bad her music is awful.

I don't see anything wrong with Katy Perry. Her music is inoffensive and she is hot as hell. Her music videos are poor fap material though and Wide Awake is a shit song. You can tell they wanted a new single without the new album to provide it so they picked that trash.

Where Have You Been has finally gotten on my fucking nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom