• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ties

Banned
Electra Heart was a mess and you shall admit it.
girl shut your ass up and take a seat
8f70c6ea.gif

Artemisia

Banned
girl shut your ass up and take a seat
8f70c6ea.gif

So I was browsing Metacritic today

d8Phu.png

And how's Primadonna doing in the United States?

yeah, it's pretty grim, isn't it? It's pretty clear no one is here for marina. Better for you to accept that and move on, dear.

i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

Ties

Banned
So I was browsing Metacritic today

d8Phu.png

And how's Primadonna doing in the United States?

yeah, it's pretty grim, isn't it? It's pretty clear no one is here for marina. Better for you to accept that and move on, dear.

i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif
iTunes receipts:
#1 Estonia
#7 + #162 New Zealand
#12 Denmark
#12 + #122 + #882 Austria
#14 + #181 Slovakia
#15 + #125 + #183 Ireland
#17 + #458 + #Germany
#21 + #577 Switzerland
#50 Luxembourg
#56 Australia
#100 Hungary
#131 Latvia
#137 + #510 UK
#148 Netherlands
#158 Finland
#423 Brazil
#537 Spain
#540 Czech Republic
#610 US
#735 Italy

Also she has the satisfaction of having a number 1 album to her name, while your faves Janelle and Katy B remain virtually unknown. Once she begins her promo for Primmadonna and HTBAHB on Kimmy Kimmel this Monday, Primmadonna will significantly rise up the charts.
i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

Artemisia

Banned
iTunes receipts:
#1 Estonia
#7 + #162 New Zealand
#12 Denmark
#12 + #122 + #882 Austria
#14 + #181 Slovakia
#15 + #125 + #183 Ireland
#17 + #458 + #Germany
#21 + #577 Switzerland
#50 Luxembourg
#56 Australia
#100 Hungary
#131 Latvia
#137 + #510 UK
#148 Netherlands
#158 Finland
#423 Brazil
#537 Spain
#540 Czech Republic
#610 US
#735 Italy

Also she has the satisfaction of having a number 1 album to her name, while your faves Janelle and Katy B remain virtually unknown. Once she begins her promo for Primmadonna and HTBAHB on Kimmy Kimmel this Monday, Primmadonna will significantly rise up the charts.
i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

Those european county chart numbers mean nothing. Despite doing well in those countries, Video Games was only able to chart at 91 in the US. And Lana has much more hype than Marina does. Yes, I recognize that Marina is much more radio friendly than Lana, but being popular in Europe has never guaranteed success in the United States.

Katy B is more relevant in the UK than Marina. She has a number 2 album and 3 top ten singles. Marina has what? A number one album that quickly dropped of the charts and some top 20/30/40 singles?

And I know Janelle isn't very relevant at all, but at least she got to perform at the grammys (standing ovation, too), at least she has massive critical acclaim, 2 things I don't see happening to Marina. She also managed to piggyback a worldwide number 1 hit which makes her somewhat of a household name.

Marina will remain irrelevant and unknown, you'd best come to terms with that.

ib13VVDZFLh7tD.gif

Kyon

Banned
So new junior #2's first post was DRAGGING LABIA... And she is a NAVY OFFICER. Then they started reading each other. I'm liking the new peeps already

ibxmtrb2BSkfYC.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Welcome Ties.

I like your avatar and your attitude and your taste. Just understand that the fact that you're part of the #NAVY, the presses souls in here will TRY you. Unfortunately they can't handle the fact that our fave is SLAYING, and they will have to DEAL.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I am very hungover but I think the DJ room was fun last night from what I remember.

The necki menij show, oh my days.

Majmun

And I'm happy you're at least trying, Second. It certainly takes some effort and a close ear. You're doing more than most of the people who dismiss her out of hand.

ceHml.gif

Debut, Post and Homogenic are masterpieces. Will stan for those until I die.

Homogenic's Unravel...this song...it's so good.

ib0e9R7V15ECii.gif

Still trying to like Vespertine now.

Majmun

Trying to get into Björk's music, as you guys know. Had my 3rd playthrough of Homogenic yesterday. And this song hit me hard. It's divine.

Good thing I've listened to you guys. Can't imagine my life without her now

iboes6yg1slgosywxe1.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
"Hunter" is flawless.

I think Post is still my favourite. That tribal sounding beat coming in on Isobel. DEAD. The whole album is an amazing flashback to the 90's for me!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Trying to get into Björk's music, as you guys know. Had my 3rd playthrough of Homogenic yesterday. And this song hit me hard. It's divine.

Good thing I've listened to you guys. Can't imagine my life without her now

iboes6yg1slgosywxe1.gif

There is a way you could make it up to us.

idqwlyzseou1ohjkc2.gif

Also these new juniors are WONDERFUL.

I see Thom Yorke covered Unravel

ewBhF.gif

Sis it wasn't just Thom it was the whole of Radiohead.

My ultimate faves covering my fave Björk song.

igr7jirraroqyfujao.gif

#Can'tDeal

I see Thom Yorke covered Unravel

ewBhF.gif

They TRIED to cover it.
It was actually not too terrible...

"Hunter" is flawless.

I think Post is still my favourite. That tribal sounding beat coming in on Isobel. DEAD. The whole album is an amazing flashback to the 90's for me!
I really love Post, and you'll find a lot of critics with good taste who think it's her best album. But as amazing and brilliant and wonderful as it is, it's more of a collection of fantastic singles than it is an "album". With Homogenic, she sat down with Mark Bell and Sjón and set out to create an album that was both conceptual and worked as a pop album fit for the mainstream—and she succeeded.

I would argue that she hit her creative peak around midway through the recording of Post (and it lasted until around midway through the recording of Medúlla), but to me Homogenic is the first of her albums where her crazy, brilliant, bizarre, intelligent approach to pop music was evident throughout. Literally all 10 songs are essential to the album. None of them could be rearranged or dropped, nothing could be added or taken away to make the album better. And that's why I think it's her best.

lGuze.gif

xtsik.gif

Mumei

Welcome Ties.

I like your avatar and your attitude and your taste. Just understand that the fact that you're part of the #NAVY, the presses souls in here will TRY you. Unfortunately they can't handle the fact that our fave is SLAYING, and they will have to DEAL.

Ties is Typae.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gaga commenting on her album

Let's just say I feel that when I wrote Born This Way I demonstrated a sense of maturity. And I feel that on the next album, there is a lack of maturity [laughs]. A tremendous lack of maturity or sense of responsibility!

also her tweet

Im Pop's Wife. Credit Card stealing, too much drinking, borrowing his car without asking, driving him crazy till his last breath

Fun Gaga is coming back

Sai-kun

Banned
Florence:
Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)
Between Two Lungs
Cosmic Love

Hurricane Drunk
Blinding
Never Let Me Go
Shake It Out
What The Water Gave Me
Heartlines

Katy B:
All of On A Mission except Go Away and Hard To Get

Robyn:
Fembot
Dancing On My Own
Time Machine
None Of Dem

La Roux:
Tigerlily
Quicksand

Reflections Are Protection
Fascination
Colorless Color
I'm Not Your Toy

WEJF7.gif

Wow, you are the best new poster here in a long ti-

Electra Heart was a mess and you shall admit it.

n7aFY.gif

Take a seat with the other haters, gurl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom