• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKenqg97CjE&feature=player_detailpage#t=15s

g2vy

Thank goodness the preview cut off before the high notes. My ears can only take so much.

DMeisterJ

Banned

Rihanna has performed WHYB multiple times live and has sounded great. Now I'm not about to say that she is some amazing singer, but she definitely isn't as bad as whatever nonsense link you posted would have her seem.

I'm not sure why you're so bothered with Rihanna, but it's not healthy. I'm dismissing you and allowing you to get your mental health together, so you can post with some semblance of rationality.

ib1ulRRX5JtYFJ.gif

Trigger

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6e397Ti0Z1rs4pwoo1_500.gif[/mg]

Call me once Janelle is no longer known as [B]"that one girl from that Fun song"[/B].[/QUOTE]

I've actually heard Janelle referred to this in real life.
[IMG]http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=31635&dateline=1341644541

DMeisterJ

Banned
The DC Album ranking:

iGIF3QsjkLpyf.png

j3lQM5kTdn3wd.png

jbpAjI9y6tOmvF.png

jbvFYEzbX1LoUI.png

The album covers are hilarious, but I agree with the ranking. Destiny Fulfilled was them fulfilling their contractual obligations, and it shows. It's so phoned in, but even then it still manages to be good. The Writing's on The Wall was them trying to prove themselves in the industry and it shows. It's so dialed in and tuned to perfection.

Ties

Banned
Ties is not new nor a junior, lol

but dont think I forgot that your first avy was a Gaga one
tumblr_m6tkg7bdIU1raqay5o1_250.gif

I use all the pop girls sis, but I will maintain that the only one I will consistently drag is Xtincta. I assure you that I will be back for Gaga once she releases that new single.

Mau ®

Oh?

You do realize that Rihanna would need to bring out like 10 more albums before she caught up to Xtina in album sales... right?

Talk That Talk barely sold more than Xtina's Xmas Album.

xoxtina<3

tumblr_m6p7qjMJjs1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Ok hun you need to step aside,

Xtina XXXmas album sold 1 million and TTT has sold 3 million. Stop fonting this incorrect receipt.

And Rihanna didnt have the advantage of coming out in an era when no one would bat an eye at an album getting a DIAMOND certification.

HOWEVER, ever since GGGB, Rihanna has consistenly been outselling your fave. GGGB outsold B2B. And LOUD obviously outsold Bionic 12 times over.

Ties

Banned
Rihanna has 6 studio albums and sold like 25 million albums.

Christina Aguilera has 4 studio albums (not counting Mi Refleja) and sold 50 million albums.

vmgNf.gif

#WhereAreMyAlbumSales?

It's a pity that Bionic only managed to add 1 more million to that 49. Clearly no one here is for Xtincta anymore, and that steep decline only proves this.

EDIT:
Christina's at an estimated 50 million record sales, not album sales.

I think album sales are around 40 million? A Christina stan could probably find out.

That wasn't even shade!
Even worse!
rKNC0.gif

Kyon

Banned
right Admirals lol

ITZ: Me shading the size of her 47338-Head doesn't stop me from being a stan tho. I shade HAGGARDNEY too. Doesn't have to be serious, dragging actually isn't "stanning". If some of you actually put time to request your faves singles on the radio and purchase albums/singles you would know what I was talking about. Shading and Dragging just makes stanning more interesting.

Mumei

right Admirals lol

ITZ: Me shading the size of her 47338-Head doesn't stop me from being a stan tho. I shade HAGGARDNEY too. Doesn't have to be serious, dragging actually isn't "stanning". If some of you actually put time to request your faves singles on the radio and purchase albums/singles you would know what I was talking about. Shading and Dragging just makes stanning more interesting.

I saw when this said "stab"

What sort of Freudian slip?

Mau ®

Rihanna has more albums released, and gets far more promotion than Xtina... so what's your point?

Hun, Xtina had the kind of promo anybody would dream of with Bionic. I mean, an OPRAH segment dedicated ONLY to her? MTV Movie Awards? Today's show complete segement? American Idol FINALE? VH1 Storytellers?

Sorry bew. Rihanna's LOUD promotion was far less impressive leading up to its launch. Yet iot outsold Bionic 12x.

Also, Xtina came out during a time when album sales were at their PEAK. Since then album sales have been down almost 70%.

Mau ®

yeah Rated R is pretty much her only good album.

so that's what? 1 hit and 5 misses?

No. She has 2 "good" albums (Good Girl Gone Bad and LOUD). Rated R is amazing. TTT is dreadful outside of the singles tho.

I have not heard Rihanna's early stuff nor do I care to. Im not here for Basichanna tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom