• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

whyb1.jpg

Rihsus goes back to black hair for her next single "Where Have You Been".

Im afraid your faves will not survive the slayage this song will unleash
katy4.gif

SpiffyG

You've got a deal, diamond! :p

I really am gonna get it...I just have to save up a bit. I'll be damned if I'm not a sucker for special editions.
Wait... Are you in the UK? Cuz I'm in the USA, and have no idea when she'll open up the pre-orders for us. She pretends like we don't exist. :(

Oh, and that Rihanna song sounds like it's going to be a smash. It sounds like We Found Love Pt. 2, but I doubt it'll be quite as big.

Kyon

Banned
Inthezone is correct this song will do very very well on the charts and radio. The Rihanna reign will not let up and refuses to have a seat. Praying for your faves

you really think this song will do go as we found love inthezone...ehhhh

Might, but it doesn't deserve success really.

Then again, that new song from Katy Perry isn't anything special either, and yet it seems to be a smash hit. Which makes me assume that once an artist get to the certain threshold of "hot right now", his/her music will automatically be a success no matter the quality.

Since Rihanna is "hot right now", Where have you been might as well be a smash hit.

SpiffyG

Cover for the first single from Electra Heart has just been released:

ibrCWgjWnQebW.jpg

This song is about the "Stars & (Beauty) Queens" character. I'm assuming the video will be out in the next few days. I'm expecting glitz and glamour. And I have a feeling that this Dr. Luke and Diplo produced track will be a smash. Mark my words. :)

SpiffyG

Dr. Luke AND Diplo...on one track?

Imma keep an eye on dat.
Yup. I don't know how she did it, but she managed to hand-pick a group of really well known producers for this album. Dr. Luke, Diplo, Greg Kurstin, Stargate, and Rick Nowels all worked with Marina on her new album. I'm on top of all the Marina news, so when it does get put online, I'll post it in this thread for all y'all within half an hour of being uploaded. I get texts everytime Marina tweets, so I get to all this shit quickly. Don't judge me. :p

I feel like I have to learn another language and become a bitch just to be in this thread. My goodness.
Never forget

Sorry WHEW? Dead @ randoms trying to grab 15 minutes off of this LAWD. Not here for this irrelevant. Who Chris already done and dragged on twitter. Clocked Tea. Next flop
iiBtjIqg738Y0.jpg

Translation:

"Sorry, but who is this? I can't believe so many people are trying to grab publicity off of this incident. I refuse to give these 'Nobodys' attention, especially those that Chris has already effectively dealt with and shamed on Twitter."

LOL I remember when Kyon indulged for me in that thread.

Who? Oh how cute another turtle neck has been trying it for an extra 15. Not here for these flops. Call Us when someone relevant tries it because then we will clock some tea. Otherwise the Non Factor Wrestling Industry can sit their dusty, busted, and rusted asses all the way down and keep it cute. Aint Nobody here for wrestling and the ratings don't lie gurls. Clocked Premium Jasmine Chai x2. Next flop wanna try it? Dismissed.

iiBtjIqg738Y0.jpg

<3 Kyon

Sorry I was late, but if anybody is still curious about the translation:

"Who is the Iron Sheik? Oh, how cute! Another Nobody has been trying to gain another 15 minutes of fame off of this incident. I don't care for these losers. Call me when someone important starts slinging insults, then we will start a back-and-forth. Otherwise, the Irrelevant Wrestling Industry can get out and shut up. Nobody smart cares about wrestling and the ratings don't lie, everyone! Howsabout them apples? Anybody else want to argue about it? No? Then get out."

Sai-kun

Banned
Cover for the first single from Electra Heart has just been released:

This song is about the "Stars & (Beauty) Queens" character. I'm assuming the video will be out in the next few days. I'm expecting glitz and glamour. And I have a feeling that this Dr. Luke and Diplo produced track will be a smash. Mark my words. :)

You've heard the track, right? It's pretty awesome. I really like it.

B-Dex

Sorry I'm not here for that 1D baby band garbage. Clearly no one else is either.

Where are they on the charts? Still lagging behind The Wanted who are riding on their song from almost a year ago.

Men > Babies confirmed.

Delio

Sorry I'm not here for that 1D baby band garbage. Clearly no one else is either.

Where are they on the charts? Still lagging behind The Wanted who are riding on their song from almost a year ago.

Men > Babies confirmed.

Your little shade is cute. Espically when 1D are just getting started here and are starting to climb the charts. Course I like both my boybands and defend them to death in this den of queens.

SpiffyG

You've heard the track, right? It's pretty awesome. I really like it.
Yess!! I've watch the live performances and it sounds like a huge pop hit! Can't wait for the studio version + video! I've been hearing that tomorrow it's premiering on the radio... So maybe the video isn't too far off?

Did it leak?

Y'all Marina & The Counterfeits stans are doing a shoddy job if you don't inform this thread a minute after the fact.
lol

It's just a live version recorded in not great quality... Was going to wait 'til the proper version was released to post it!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Good music by association: Neon Gold, who put out some of the early Marina singles (along with ones from Ellie Goulding, Passion Pit, and Gotye) just released the first EP from St. Lucia this week. Super shimmery baleric pop that's perfect for the upcoming warmer weather. I loved "The Old House Is Gone" last summer, and these new tracks are even better. Stream it on Soundcloud.

And cross-posting from the electronic music thread: Oh Land, "White Nights" (Skeet Skeet mix) Digging the hell outta this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom