• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukland

Your daughter is a saint. You should be proud of her taste.

Edit: You should take her to see Katy Perry's movie.

Already have that planned for this coming week. She has been bugging me to see it and now that I am finding myself really liking the music I won't be going just for the tits ;)

royalan

Ok so a pretty much a pop virgin, where do I start right now? Been reading the thread now for a couple days and grabbed a few things (Lana Del Rey, Adele) but coming from the music I have been fond of most of my life I am at a loss to get a good grasp on current and even past (last 10 years) good pop music.

I am coming from being a die hard Nine Inch Nails fan (still am) but some how turning 35 has pushed my tastes into an area I was not ready for. I guess having a 9 year old daughter will do that as I am forced to listen to her music. Funny thing is I am finding myself liking what she does.

So yeah hi PopGAF

Precious! I am SO HERE for the little Pop-GAF younglings.

xvW89.gif

Keep her away from that Katy Perry, though. Katy Perry is the gateway to drugs, bad grades, and teen pregnancy scares by unfunny British comedians.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Already grabbed Fame Monster (did it awhile back for her), are there any super key other albums I should have for anyone? I hate not having a well rounded selection.

And I hate to admit it but Call Me Maybe is a song that everyone in the house can sing...

depends, I know you said Top 40 but thats very vague since it contains many artist like
Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, 1D, etc...

Do get Katy Perry Teenage Dream The Complete Confection since you like her singles

Bladenic

Katy Perry is so totally not family friendly. Some (most) of her songs are not something a young girl should listen to (although I didn't see what her age is if you mentioned it).

rukland

Keep her away from that Katy Perry, though.

Too late for that, that is her big favorite along with Lady Gaga.

I know reading this thread PopGAF is kinda split on Katy, but put me square in the camp that likes her music.

Katy Perry is so totally not family friendly. Some (most) of her songs are not something a young girl should listen to (although I didn't see what her age is if you mentioned it).

She is 9 but she has been exposed to much things in the music world from her mother and I. I mean really Nine Inch Nails was played in the car since day one. Plus we have already had the "talk" with her, she is not to brag but really bright and mature for her age.

botty

Banned
One could say that she's........WIDE AWAKE.

;)

You're wrong, Chris.

Katy Perry's music empowers everyone, especially women. I'm sure he wants his daughter to grow up independent, responsible, and in control of her own destiny. A daughter that is #WIDE AWAKE.

When will your faves?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You're wrong, Chris.

Katy Perry's music empowers everyone, especially women. I'm sure he wants his daughter to grow up independent, responsible, and in control of her own destiny. A daughter that is #WIDE AWAKE.

When will your faves?
Empowers everyone? Ur So Gay? Please.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
;)

You're wrong, Chris.

When will your faves?

mhm

Peacock has really change my life, I am know brave enough to show it when someone asks

ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

Bladenic

Tbh I don't see how any gay guy could Stan for Perry after Ur So Gay. I felt insulted and I'm straight. And a nine year old girl should not be listening to the atrocity that is Peacock (but then again NOBODY should). Oh well, maybe I'm a conservative.

Gaga isn't for a young girl either but whatever she's your daughter lol not my place to tell you how to raise.

rukland

Like I said VERY mature for her age, she gets what the songs are about and if not she asks us and we discuss them. Would rather she learn it all from us instead of in school.

And this is coming from a very catholic mother (catholic school 1-5, home schooled from there), I myself am a devout something. But I abide by my wife's rules and she is the one that supported all this music and frank talks.

botty

Banned
Like I said VERY mature for her age, she gets what the songs are about and if not she asks us and we discuss them. Would rather she learn it all from us instead of in school.

And this is coming from a very catholic mother (catholic school 1-5, home schooled from there), I myself am a devout something. But I abide by my wife's rules and she is the one that supported all this music and frank talks.

Prepare your daughter for August, when Christina returns and slays.

Ok I have to ask I know it's in the first post but is Maddona really still relevant?

vmgNf.gif

Trigger

Umm no should I have?

Ok glad to know it's not me. Guess I should keep reading every post in this thread.

To give your question a more serious answer: She's not very relevant. When you're a music icon it's hard to use the word "irrelevant", but Madge hasn't lit up the airwaves in awhile. MDNA is still worth checking out if you liked Confessions on a Dancefloor. If you haven't heard Confessions check it out. Very fun dance stuff.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
To give your question a more serious answer: She's not very relevant. When you're a music icon it's hard to use the word "irrelevant", but Madge hasn't lit up the airwaves in awhile. MDNA is still worth checking out if you liked Confessions on a Dancefloor. If you haven't heard Confessions check it out. Very fun dance stuff.
Gerl...if you liked Confessions then there's NO way you should check out MDOA.

rukland

Prepare your daughter for August, when Christina returns and slays.

I will, already grabbed a bunch of her albums and I will get them into the play list for the car.

So many different answers on Madge, but I am going to give it a shot. Never listened to Confessions but will give it a shot, and move on from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom