• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Grand Tour |OT| ...of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

I will say I hope that they they go check out some dirt oval track races if they are gonna take advantage of the linkage between Skinner.

Momentary

Banned
Bought an LG OLED a few days ago. Worth every penny.

This show looks stunning at 4K HDR!

Same. Had some friends come over last night to rewatch it on the E6P and they were floored. One of them said they couldn't stop looking at the rocks on the mountain range in the background of the tent.

Ensirius

The intro was pretty over the top and felt a bit Americanised, but I still enjoyed it. There was another part in the 'coming soon' segment that gave me Mad Max vibes too.

Yeah, anybody else waiting for that comedic effect on that opening?
It felt weird.

I liked the show very much.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Amazingly he seems just as good at turning right as he is at turning left.

I wonder though, couldn't they have found someone...better?

His racing pedigree doesn't look very high profile.

Should've just gotten Plato or even better...Tiff!

I have a Sony 4K TV with HDR.. Has Android TV with the Amazon app.

Anyone know if I can watch this in 4K with HDR on it? Curious what you guys are using to view this in HDR.

88random

He is a race driver, of course he is going to be good. Even those who finish last are great drivers. I mean, lol at the people who thought Chris Harris is better than d'Ambrosio.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
I have a Sony 4K TV with HDR.. Has Android TV with the Amazon app.

Anyone know if I can watch this in 4K with HDR on it? Curious what you guys are using to view this in HDR.
after discovering that the Amazon app on my 2014 Sony set only does 720p, I ordered a Fire TV and am fine with it.

Jezbollah

He is a race driver, of course he is going to be good. Even those who finish last are great drivers. I mean, lol at the people who thought Chris Harris is better than d'Ambrosio.

Given that Chris Harris also has been a professional race driver, haven't you disproven your own point? :)

Zaru

This was the first full episode of "Top Gear" I've ever seen.
Pretty fun, but I wonder what those fake celebrity deaths cost them.

Number45

Maybe another part of the "it cant just be Top Gear" legal BS is the driver couldn't be silent so he had to be all talky this time.

Probably my only gripe with the show right now.
If they guy can drive I don't see why they can't just have him talk about the car as he's driving. The communist bullshit was old by about the third time they said it, there's no way it's going to be tolerable for an entire series.

I guess I could just forward through those sections. It can be the new star in a reasonably priced car segment, where I forward it right through to the results.

dankir

I really liked episode 1 but a bit dissapionted that is literally a reskinned Top Gear. But if it works it works. 8/10 for episode 1.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is BBC Top Gear dead?

I see Matt LeBlanc is back on US TV in a new sitcom.
No, they're just restructuring with Chris Harris and Matt LeBlanc as the leads. Heard about LeBlanc's new show too and I have no idea how he's going to manage doing both.

It's pretty much dead so long as they don't have the trio or even a tenth of the chemistry the trio have, which seems to be the case whether they have Chris Evans or not IMO.

Moze

Banned
Are the studio segments still filmed a few days before airing?

Supporting this show is not really something I want to do but I need explosions and stuff.

terrible

Banned
No, they're just restructuring with Chris Harris and Matt LeBlanc as the leads. Heard about LeBlanc's new show too and I have no idea how he's going to manage doing both.

It's pretty much dead so long as they don't have the trio or even a tenth of the chemistry the trio have, which seems to be the case whether they have Chris Evans or not IMO.

Give it a few seasons and I think it'll be pretty good. Then again I liked Top Gear USA once they got into a groove too.

Lima

Are the studio segments still filmed a few days before airing?

Supporting this show is not really something I want to do but I need explosions and stuff.

I'm not sure if everything is already recorded but at least the tent stuff for Germany is done. They filmed it on November 14th here. I think the tent section for Joburg was also done the same time they were filming their episode there.

iFirez

This episode is genius. While a large portion of one of the segments didn't have anything to do with cars it was hilarious. GENIUS!

HariKari

Episode 2 was good.

Studio bits still feel a bit forced but it was better than the first episode.

The American was terrible yet again.

doby

No no no no no.

That film was shit. Just not funny, why are they trying to act? Who thought that would be a good idea?! There was nothing genuine in it at all, it's all fabricated. Painful watch.

No no no no no.

That film was shit. Just not funny, why are they trying to act? Who thought that would be a good idea?! There was nothing genuine in it at all, it's all fabricated. Painful watch.

In 2005 Top Gear won the International Emmy Award for best Non-Scripted Entertainment. ;)

Yes, I do know the whole show is scripted. We all do. Still fun.

doby

In 2005 Top Gear won the International Emmy Award for best Non-Scripted Entertainment. ;)

Yes, I do know the whole show is scripted. We all do. Still fun.

That's not my problem with it, I'm aware it's scripted but at least the top gear car challenges actually offered genuine reactions to things that had been set up. That's where the comedy and entertainment comes from. This was just so poor in comparison. I mean, what was it exactly?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom