• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Dark FaZe said:
So to sum up thread

360: Horrible fucking dog shit with horrible pop in

Ps3: The fucking godly version without flaw

Just wondering. In all honesty what seems to be the verdict at this point? And I hope it comes from someone without bias.

Popup probably affecting both versions, seems to be more prevalent on the 360 version.

Nitsuj23 said:
I just have a hard time believing there's pop ins that bad, and they weren't mention in any of the reviews. They said some pop ins, nothing that severe.

We will all have to wait until Monday/Tuesday. Reviewers cannot possibly explore every aspect of the city.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I watched the PS3 videos on IGN, and I couldn't tell any difference from the 360 version. If you tried to pass off the PS3 version as the 360 one and vice versa, you would probably get away with it.

Dot50Cal said:
Final one for the night, sign messed me up :( I was going for the high score dudes!

popin2.gif

I think that's the worst one of all of the ones you posted, the sign popped up a long time after you hit it :/

we need a gametrailers comparison STAT. i may end up with both versions eventually if rockstar doesnt patch it up. This thread IS full of shit tho. Out of all the streams i've watched I havent seen much pop up as bad as these gifs.

neptunes

Remember when this game was slated to launch last october? :lol

yeah....RIGHT!!

the game probably looked like a children's pop-up book.

diffusionx

Gold Member
If the PS3 version has fake achievements a la Burnout Paradise I'll probably pick that one up.

If it doesn't... I'll probably get the 360 version to be honest.

Yes I am that lame. Truth be told I am also waiting for Eurogamer's comparison.

diffusionx said:
If the PS3 version has fake achievements a la Burnout Paradise I'll probably pick that one up.

Yes I am that lame.

We only have one source on that. And they're...a bit....cylon...y.

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
Popup probably affecting both versions, seems to be more prevalent on the 360 version.
Well to be fair, you are making the assumption that it isn't going to be that bad on PS3 as well, for all we know it could be identical.

No matter which version turns out to be the best, in the end, we all lose. If the game was PS3 exclusive it would have been better than what we've got now.

Swifty

If the pop-ins are as bad as 50Cal is showing us, then there shouldn't be so many 'tards on the live streams asking if the player is playing the 360 or the PS3 version since it should be easy to tell. :D

Flunkie

Banned
neptunes said:
Remember when this game was slated to launch last october? :lol

yeah....RIGHT!!

the game probably looked like a children's pop-up book.
I can has pop-up book plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

Banned
diffusionx said:

Yes I am that lame. Truth be told I am also waiting for Eurogamer's comparison.

Gamesradar says no achievements for the PS3 version.

andrewfee said:
Well to be fair, you are making the assumption that it isn't going to be that bad on PS3 as well, for all we know it could be identical.

No matter which version turns out to be the best, in the end, we all lose. If the game was PS3 exclusive it would have been better than what we've got now.

All reviews so far have said this, he is not assuming anything.

MercuryLS

Banned
andrewfee said:

We all win actually cause everyone with a X360/PS3 can play it if they so choose.

dfyb

Banned
andrewfee said:
.........most comparisons have already said otherwise.

MercuryLS

Banned
segarr said:
IGN:"10" :lol

Oh for fuck sakes, the pop-in isn't that bad playing off a disc. I don't know how many times I and many others who've played it have to say this.

If it was that bad you'd better believe that it'd be mentioned in every review.

Raistlin

andrewfee said:

So the reviewers were simply lying?

Karma said:
Gamesradar says no achievements for the PS3 version.

And again ...

... a company rep stated they are adding in stuff for home.

Odrion

Banned
Well thank you Dot50Cal, you have helped me decide which version.

I doubt it's not too terrible, but if I have a PS3 I may as well use it.

Yoboman

Loudninja said:
Why do you keep asking these questions?
Obviously, dot50cal has PURPOSEFULLY SABOTAGED HIS XBOX 360. If only he had the credibility around these parts of Deus Ex Machina and Emiru - then we might take him seriously

segarr said:
IGN:"10" :lol

If only games without glitches are eligible for a 10, I doubt we'll ever see a 10 again.

Regardless, isn't a '10' score supposed to reflect the relative quality of the gameplay experience, and not technical perfection?

Evlar

Banned
Deus Ex Machina: Maybe his dev kit is old and dusty lol

<Dot50Cal posts pic of RROD dev kit which is in fact dusty and old>

Deus Ex Machina: WTF why is it old and dusty? lol

clav

Odrion said:
Well thank you Dot50Cal, you have helped me decide which version.

I doubt it's not too terrible, but if I have a PS3 I may as well use it.
You haven't seen anything from the PS3 pop-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom