• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Yoboman said:
Obviously, dot50cal has PURPOSEFULLY SABOTAGED HIS XBOX 360. If only he had the credibility around these parts of Deus Ex Machina and Emiru - then we might take him seriously
Its true, I confess! I beat it because I secretly hate it! Its the red headed step child of my console family.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
When the popup could possibly effect the gameplay (tree appearing out of nowhere). I think the game should possibly be docked. Maybe that (and other scenarios) are the absolute worst case scenarios though.

Loudninja

Yoboman said:
Obviously, dot50cal has PURPOSEFULLY SABOTAGED HIS XBOX 360. If only he had the credibility around these parts of Deus Ex Machina and Emiru - then we might take him seriously

:lol

Edit: wow Karma how many times are you going to keep asking that same question?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
chubigans said:
More 360 pics:

360pic1.jpg

360pic2.jpg

DVD Read Speed pwnt

Dot50Cal

Banned
chubigans said:
More 360 pics:

http://www.vertigogaming.net/PSP/GTA/360pic1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.vertigogaming.net/PSP/GTA/360pic2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

(neutral) chubigans
[B]nooo don't do it[/B]
(Today, 10:29 PM)

Risette

A Good Citizen
I think it's best to assume that which either one you play, you won't be bickering about the technical problems. You'll be having fun.

As for which one to buy, it's fairly obvious to get the version your friends are getting.

mintylurb

BlueTsunami said:
When the popup could possibly effect the gameplay (tree appearing out of nowhere). I think the game should possibly be docked. Maybe that (and other scenarios) are the absolute worst case scenarios though.
Or..just wait for the pc version..;d

fortified_concept said:
You're not that smart, are you?
Smarter than most :)

he posted his old dirty unit not me.. I don't live in this thread. I asked and he answered.

The thread is moving pretty fast. I'll look back to see what I miss

Dark FaZe said:
So to sum up thread

360: Horrible fucking dog shit with horrible pop in

Ps3: The fucking godly version without flaw

Just wondering. In all honesty what seems to be the verdict at this point? And I hope it comes from someone without bias.
There is no verdict at this point. Do you know why? Because no one has posted a legitimate comparison video that uses both retail copies. From what I've seen, the popin issues are less isolated on the PS3 version, but I'm guessing the differences in 360 hardware will be the determining factor.

There is a final verdict. The 360 version is slightly worse off in the pop-in department. If it was significantly worse the 360 version would have been docked, they've done it to other PS3 ports.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
fortified_concept said:
Considering how many people fell for TrueSpeed's photoshop it would be best if you had used a j/k in that post just to be sure. :lol

Hah, took them down to avoid the banzors. I might put them back up later...I thought it was funny. :p

2 sources claim that PS3 version has significantly less pop in, every other source mentions it as being less frequent but doesn't go as far as to call it significant. It's safe to say that PS3 version has less pop in.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
GenericPseudonym said:
There is a final verdict. The 360 version is slightly worse off in the pop-in department. If it was significantly worse the 360 version would have been docked, they've done it to other PS3 ports.

Do you really want to trudge down this road?

Banned
GenericPseudonym said:

If the pop-up was that bad the reviews would have said so.

UncleGuito said:
There is no verdict at this point. Do you know why? Because no one has posted a legitimate comparison video that uses both retail copies. From what I've seen, the popin issues are less isolated on the PS3 version, but I'm guessing the differences in 360 hardware will be the determining factor.
I'm becoming increasingly convinced of this. I'd honestly like to see a comparison of how the different 360 optical drives handle the game. I think this will become a bigger issue as more and more 360 games rely heavily on streaming.

reilo said:
Do you really want to trudge down this road?

What? Its a fact, if the 360 version was significantly worse the score would have been impacted. IGN has done this to many PS3 ports, and docking the 360 version would have only netted them more traffic. Clearly neither version is gimped its just one has slightly more pop-in.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
MobiusPigeon said:
:lol SO DEFENSIVE
krypt0nian said:
So you're saying the road pops in?!?

Uhm no, all I'm saying is that someone is bound to proclaim that not all PS3 games are reviewed equally, and it would open an entirely different avenue of back and forth bickering.

a Master Ninja said:
I'm becoming increasingly convinced of this. I'd honestly like to see a comparison of how the different 360 optical drives handle the game. I think this will become a bigger issue as more and more 360 games rely heavily on streaming.
I'm pretty sure that this is the case, too. With Mass Effect and Gears of War, my launch 360 has issues loading textures on time, while when using the same disc in my friend's HDMI 360, the issues aren't really apparent. The launch DVD drives are really loud, and I'm pretty sure mine reads less quickly than newer models.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had frequent issues with GTA4.

reilo said:
Uhm no, all I'm saying is that someone is bound to proclaim that not all PS3 games are reviewed equally, and it would open an entirely different avenue of back and forth bickering.

I was joking then Dot50Cal blew my mind!

Zophar

Karma said:
If the pop-up was that bad the reviews would have said so.
Where was that metric someone posted some time ago where reviews on 360 were inflated for arbitrary reasons while PS3 versions were docked in a similar manner?

The 360 is a great console but the gaming press is so fucking in love with it it's kind of grotesque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom