• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
krypt0nian said:
I was joking then Dot50Cal blew my mind!

Holy shit I just saw that post :lol

/tinfoil hat mode on

Zophar said:
Where was that metric someone posted some time ago where reviews on 360 were inflated for arbitrary reasons while PS3 versions were docked in a similar manner?

AND IT BEGINS

Good idea!
If you vomit enough on a pile of shit eventually you can't smell the shit anymore!

Zophar said:
The 360 is a great console but the gaming press is so fucking in love with it it's kind of grotesque.

Yes! Do it! Do it!

a Master Ninja said:
I'm becoming increasingly convinced of this. I'd honestly like to see a comparison of how the different 360 optical drives handle the game. I think this will become a bigger issue as more and more 360 games rely heavily on streaming.

I hope that isnt the case, I have a launch 360 and am pretty set on buying the 360 version.

UncleGuito said:
I'm pretty sure that this is the case, too. With Mass Effect and Gears of War, my launch 360 has issues loading textures on time, while when using the same disc in my friend's HDMI 360, the issues aren't apparent. The launch DVD drives are really loud, and I'm pretty sure mine reads less quickly than newer models.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had frequent issues with GTA4.

Well shit. Gears multiplayer and Mass Effect especially had lots of texture loading issues for me on my launch unit.

watership

the fud, facts, internet engine is at work. I've had a bunch of friends message me saying stuff like the following:

"I heard the 360 version has framerate problems."
"The 360s pop in is so bad, its unplayable."
"The 360's load times are are horrible."
"The 360s colours are washed out and the aliasing is bad"

It's already all over digg and a bunch of other non gaming forums. Someone was actually using chubigans pics as proof.

Nitsuj23

Linkzg said:
I hope that isnt the case, I have a launch 360 and am pretty set on buying the 360 version.

Well shit. Gears multiplayer and Mass Effect especially had lots of texture loading issues for me on my launch unit.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm getting the 360 version, but I have a launch 360. I might sell this one on eBay, and buy a new one when I get my summer job.

Yoboman

watership said:
the fud, facts, internet engine is at work. I've had a bunch of friends message me saying stuff like the following:

It's already all over digg and a bunch of other non gaming forums. Someone was actually using chubigans pics as proof.
lol :(

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
watership said:

That actually scares me a bit...I'm taking them down then. That's just freaking ridiculous.

Nitsuj23 said:
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm getting the 360 version, but I have a launch 360. I might sell this one on eBay, and buy a new one when I get my summer job.

I am actually wondering how much I would get for trading in my 360 at gamestop for a new one. I was planning on getting a new one after E3 if MS didnt announce another new sku, but now its tempting.

Banned
Linkzg said:
Gears not so much, but Mass Effect had a ton of pop-in on my Elite.

After all this, I think I'm just going to buy both and see for myself. Hopefully I'll get them at midnight [GMT, so about 20 hours from now] and will have pics up shortly after. (note: they will be photos of a CRT which has been calibrated for the PS3, though there's really not a lot of difference between them)

I suppose I should test things like load times and draw-in distance too.

HAI GUYS! JUST WANT TO LET U KNOW THAT GAMES BASED ON NEW YORK CITY ARE CURSED BY POP-UP DEMONS! DONT HATE ROCKSTAR HMMK? KTHAXBAI!

spider-man-3-20070504032246359.jpg

Deus Ex Machina said:
"grilling"... I was joking with another poster about Dot50Cal Dev kit maybe dusty... then you went on a fanboy tirade.
Yes "grilling", you kept asking him about the legitimacy of his claims. First, by asking if he was using a pirated copy, then by asking if he had an old unit.
Edit: I am done for tonight.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
shagg_187 said:
HAI GUYS! JUST WANT TO LET U KNOW THAT GAMES BASED ON NEW YORK CITY ARE CURSED BY POP-UP DEMONS! DONT HATE ROCKSTAR HMMK? KTHAXBAI!

spider-man-3-20070504032246359.jpg

I've read that this is what happens to the 360 version when you don't clear the cache. Oh noes

Smokey

watership said:

:lol :lol

It's funny how people who probably haven't even played the game are talking like they have, meanwhile those of us who have a legit retail copy know that all of the above is absolutely certifiably fucking bullshit.

BlueTsunami said:
I've read that this is what happens to the 360 version when you don't clear the cache. Oh noes

I hope you're joking, if not this shit is getting beyond crazy.

Pimpbaa

watership said:

Damn, that's really fucking sad.

Dot50Cal

Banned
darkressurection said:
Yes "grilling", you kept asking him about the legitimacy of his claims. First, by asking if he was using a pirated copy, then by asking if he had an old unit.

Me too, I got some business to take care of. See you guys later.

CpoTFfuNZ.jpg

darkressurection said:
check again.. I only ask him about the stains and nicks on his old dev kit. I was jokingly having conversation was with another poster.

This is why you need to mind your own business.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
It's funny how people who probably haven't even played the game are talking like they have, meanwhile those of us who have a legit retail copy know that all of the above is absolutely certifiably fucking bullshit.

welcome to the fun world of gaf where having a legit retail copy and commenting on what you see makes you a fanboy hater LIAR!

thanks Dot50Cal et al for thoughts on the versions you've tried, we appreciate the details.

watership said:

i cant see this being real seeing how everyone and their mother knows all the vids from a couple days ago were from the 360 version and looked fine.

Orlics

MobiusPigeon said:
i cant see this being real seeing how everyone and their mother knows all the vids from a couple days ago were from the 360 version and looked fine.

In summary, people are stupid.

Tobor

MobiusPigeon said:

People are morons.

EDIT: High five, Orlics!

Dot50Cal

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:
check again.. I only ask him about the stains and nicks on his old dev kit. I was jokingly having conversation was with another poster.

This is why you need to mind your own business.

Claiming I spread FUD is asking me about the stains?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10945963&postcount=1860

DCharlie said:
thanks Dot50Cal et al for thoughts on the versions you've tried, we appreciate the details.

NP dude. Hopefully I can get the PS3 version soon and give you guys a proper comparison video.

Emiru

Banned
MobiusPigeon said:
but wut aboot dot50cals vids? They look shite soo all versions will suck amirite?

hydragonwarrior said:
I'm sure a rep over at R* is getting an earful from MS right now about the negative hype that's starting to spread about the X360 version.

I don't think MS would care what a bunch of internet forum kids think about. GTAIV will sell buckets on 360 and maybe the less than 3% (at most) who change their opinion wont have an affect.

Banned
MobiusPigeon said:

I know. We watched hours of streams and videos of the 360 version and never saw any bad pop-up. Less than a day later it is being made out like it is unplayable garbage.

Dot50Cal

Banned
ith3r said:
360 version

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z95/ith3r/b3d003360.jpg[IMG]

PS3 version

[IMG]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z95/ith3r/b3d003PS3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, where did you find this labeled as PS3? Because these are both shots I took hours ago for Beyond3d, both are from 360. [B]So please tell me why you are labeling that second one as PS3????[/B]

[url]http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1153694&postcount=505[/url]

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
but yeah, surely this would only affect people who own BOTH consoles?

because if the PS3 version IS superior (and hell it might well be) , then deciding to go that route for existing X360 owners would mean buying a PS3 (i guess you could fund it by selling your X360 but seeing how everyone also knows about RROD then i guess you wouldn't be able to sell your second hand unit to anyone ;) )

So yeah, i'm not sure this is going to make a darn bit of difference.

I doubt the majority of people will care about the technical glitches on either system. It's just us that care.

Yeah, where did you find this labeled as PS3? Because these are both shots I took hours ago for Beyond3d, both are from 360. So please tell me why you are labeling that second one as PS3????

hoho - and i was about to go wash the dishes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom