• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Pimpbaa said:
Here is the PS3 version for realz:

fake696.jpg

:lol

Emiru

Banned
I got one more thing to say, where were those popups in the 360 leaked vids we saw a few days a go? how come these new dot50cal videos have so many glitches and those vids didnt?

ith3r

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
Right. So why did you need to reduce the color depth on the "ps3" shot, again?

Animation3.gif

Oh, come on you all :D, it was supposed to be a joke like that shopped shot with the skyline and such, I was just too subtle for my own good and got busted too early.

I was going to post this but it was just too obvious so I toned it down:

b3d003PS3b.jpg

Geez, I'm scared, console wars are scary stuff. :lol

rabhw

fortified_concept said:
So this guy edited a X360 screenshot, labeled it as a PS3 screenshot and tried to spread FUD unaware that is was Dot50Cal's pic. Holy mother of ownage!

Wow, what a retard. Now he'll play it off all cool "WAS JUST JOKING GUYS BUT YA GOT ME".

mintylurb

ith3r said:
I'm joking by the way...

Off course they're fake, I tried to set up a trap and was busted -_-

Shoulda been more blatant with the photoshoping so it was more obvious, some people are just no fun...
Sure..oh and
oni9c1.gif

Truespeed

ith3r said:
From another gaming forum.

Actually looking at the source those look extremely doctored :lol

If you're going to lift and label screen shots, from an unknown source, don't you think it would be wise to edit your incorrect message when the originator of those screen shots corrects you?

Holtz

ith3r said:
Oh, come on you all :D, it was supposed to be a joke like that shopped shot with the skyline and such, I was just too subtle for my own good and got busted too early.

I was going to post this but it was just too obvious so I toned it down:

b3d003PS3b.jpg

Geez, I'm scared, console wars are scary stuff. :lol
Yeah, sure. Enjoy your vacation.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Really though, who the fuck cares.

The game is going to be fun on either system.

I swear by Thor's hammer, you damn fanboys are the wretched stench of the internet.

MercuryLS

Banned
ith3r said:
dead man walking

Quick trip to ban city plz, that was way too subtle of a downgrade to be a joke. It looks like you were misleading people. I hope you get beaten with a ban stick so hard that your children will inherit the bruises.

Afrikan

although this should go to the Official thread.... I thought I would post this for those unfortunate ones who live here....

15quas9.jpg

I didn't make this...

Can't F'n WAIT!!!!!!

In the year 2042 this moment will be looked back on as the turning point when the "Console Wars" became more than internet fun and the first bloodshed was only months away.

sp0rsk said:

I swear by Thor's hammer, you damn fanboys are the wretched stench of the internet.

I wonder if GTA IV will have the return of Thor on the talk radio station. Talk radio is my favorite.

eshwaaz

Orlics said:
I think the happiness MS derived from the additional sales they got with the Arcade model is more than the happiness the company would have derived from satisfying these people who, instead of playing games, compare the games across the platforms the games are on.

But what do I know?

My point is that, in the long run, this decision will likely result in a greater discrepancy in visuals between games released on both PS3 and 360 - will people care? Maybe, maybe not.

Obviously, I'm just theorizing, but it is something that could bite MS in the ass more and more as this generation progresses. I agree that much of the bickering in this thread is unnecessary, but there's nothing wrong with multiplatform owners wanting to make the most well-informed purchase they can.

Also, I'd be very curious to hear what percentage of the 360 userbase is made up of the Core/Arcade.

sp0rsk said:

I can't figure this thread out either. I'm just waiting for my goddamned midnight launch so I can play it and forget about this fanboyish shit for a few days.

Brashnir

consoul said:
Wow. This thread has turned out to be most revealing...

...about various members moreso than platform differences.

revealing how? For the most part, it's just the same people posting the same shit they always post, only about a different game.

ith3r

Banned
Whatever I say will be misrepresented as whining or backpedalling, so I think I'll stay out of the quote game :D

But seriously, I did it only for the lulz... And I guess it generated some extra entertainment, so I'll consider myself victorious. A bittersweet victory, if you will.

Seriously, the mods should check that dude's profile who edited that picture of the 360 version. Shit like that is what makes me think there are way more paid MS lurkers here than we think. Even if it wasn't intentional and was 'a joke,' you should fucking no way better than that, dude. Un-fuckin-real. Too subtle, indeed.

G-Bus

Banned
Afrikan said:
although this should go to the Official thread.... I thought I would post this for those unfortunate ones who live here....

15quas9.jpg

I didn't make this...

Can't F'n WAIT!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

AMAZING.

Ploid 3.0

sp0rsk said:

You mean Grabthar's Hammer?
galaxyquest.jpg

sp0rsk said:

No one is doubting it will be one of the two best games this year on consoles, but for those who have both the 360 and PS3 (like me) it is hard to pick which of the two versions to get. This is the first time this has really been an issue this gen.

dfyb

Banned
ith3r said:
Whatever I say will be misrepresented as whining or backpedalling, so I think I'll stay out of the quote game :D

But seriously, I did it only for the lulz... And I guess it generated some extra entertainment, so I'll consider myself victorious. A bittersweet victory, if you will.
yeah, you sure showed us.

here the biggest kicker.

review
xbox360 10
ps3 10

what no .5 deduction for the lousy 360 port.
all these web sites = ms fanboys

for a year every ps3 version of a game had points deducted compared to a 360 version wtf

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
This thread is the black heart of this forum finally exposed. If a lurking hero could strike a fateful blow while they have a chance, they could destroy this monster called NeoGAF. And free thousands of enslaved souls in the process. Please help us.

Emiru

Banned
islewarrior said:

for a year every ps3 version of a game had points deducted compared to a 360 version wtf
more quotes for the history book

Ploid 3.0

MWS Natural said:
In the year 2042 this moment will be looked back on as the turning point when the "Console Wars" became more than internet fun and the first bloodshed was only months away.

:lol

Jtrizzy

Shit just got real. Up in here, up in here. I have to admit, some people here have a damn good sense of humor. And no I'm not talking about the fake screen shot guy.

islewarrior said:
here the biggest kicker.

review
xbox360 10
ps3 10

oooh boy. Is this a joke also?

They are pretty much exactly the same except for a tiny bit more (allegendly) pop-in on the 360 build. This isnt at all the level of difference found in shoddy PS3 ports of the past.

islewarrior said:
here the biggest kicker.

review
xbox360 10
ps3 10

maybe the difference isnt as bad as some of the idiots in this thread are making it out to be? *gasp* could that REALLY be why? i mean again...WATCH SOME OF THE LIVE STREAMS YOU FOOLS!!!!

islewarrior said:
here the biggest kicker.

review
xbox360 10
ps3 10

...and the thread keeps getting better and better. I haven't laughed so much at/with GAF for a long time.

Kafel

Banned
Are there important pop-up in IGN or GT videos ?

I mean, except in Dot50Cal gifs (thx dude btw), can we see them elsewhere -in more recent versions of the game perhaps - ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom