• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymmv

Banned
Mister Chef said:
Have you ever had a 360 die on you? I'm on my third system, so I'd say I have the right to be paranoid about it dying. That's why I only play exclusive games on it and multiplatform games on PS3. I'm going to play GTAIV for hours upon hours and I want to do it without interruptions of any kind.

PS3 offers me that security. The 360 does not.

Ditto. My 360 RRODed last week, I'm still waiting for it to return. I'm glad I made the decision of ow getting all my multiplatform games on the PS3 a couple of months ago, so I', safe now.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Have you ever had a 360 die on you? I'm on my third system, so I'd say I have the right to be paranoid about it dying. That's why I only play exclusive games on it and multiplatform games on PS3. I'm going to play GTAIV for hours upon hours and I want to do it without interruptions of any kind.

yup - i've had my 360 die on me. Sent it away, and it came back ... all working. I played on it from Japanese launch until the day it died. That's a good spate of time and i'll be absolutely SHAGGED if i'm going to spend any energy on worrying when it'll go again.
So i just play it.

I appreciate people have had worse luck than others.

PS3 offers me that security. The 360 does not.

what is to say your PS3 won't break? for a lot of people , GTA4 might be the first stress test ! ;)

What if your PS3 dies? i hope it's not a 60gig... not sure how much security you have there.

Again, i'm being stupid about this - but then again, do you honestly HONESTLY believe that your X360 isn't going to break if you only play 1st party games?

Zaangamer

Banned
DCharlie said:
yup - i've had my 360 die on me. Sent it away, and it came back ... all working. I played on it from Japanese launch until the day it died. That's a good spate of time and i'll be absolutely SHAGGED if i'm going to spend any energy on worrying when it'll go again.
So i just play it.

what is to say your PS3 won't break? for a lot of people , GTA4 might be the first stress test ! ;)

What if your PS3 dies? i hope it's not a 60gig... not sure how much security you have there.

Again, i'm being stupid about this - but then again, do you honestly HONESTLY believe that your X360 isn't going to break if you only play 1st party games?

It's not that first-party games won't kill the 360. It's that people are going to be playing GTA for obscene amounts of time, and that will def. kill you 360

DCharlie said:
So i just play it.

I dunno I think he has a point...if ANY console broke twice for me, I'd probably just try and get my cash back.... but I think you are right to a degree... get rid of it or play it.

I seriously dont think the ps3 has anywhere near the probs of the 360....but give it time..Ive only had it for a year

OverHeat

« generous god »
Zaangamer said:
It's not that first-party games won't kill the 360. It's that people are going to be playing GTA for obscene amounts of time, and that will def. kill you 360

You dont want to know how may hours a day I run my 360 non stop....and no problems so far. First Gen Elite by the way.

Zaangamer

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
I dunno I think he has a point...if ANY console broke twice for me, I'd probably just try and get my cash back.... but I think you are right to a degree... get rid of it or play it.

I seriously dont think the ps3 has anywhere near the probs of the 360....but give it time..Ive only had it for a year

After a year on 360 I had RROD twice, I've had my PS3 since launch and the only time it hitched was with Assassin's Creed, but that game was buggy as hell.

Mohonky

DCharlie said:
what is to say your PS3 won't break?

It's funny because a guy on the ps3forums used the same argument. 'You're better getting it on PS3 because it's reliable;" next time he turned his PS3 on it was bricked. Ironic.

Accident

Dire said:
From the IGN video. Not that this is even remotely bad or unexpected, but saying things like the PS3 will have zero pop in is just silly.

Rockstar have done an excellent technical job and I'm sure it will be an incredible experience on both consoles.

21l1u9l.gif

DCharlie said:
yup - i've had my 360 die on me. Sent it away, and it came back ... all working!

Woah, so you're actually thankful they sent you a working replacement? :lol

what is to say your PS3 won't break?

Chances are it won't.

Well, things do break, but I think the PS3 has proven to be quite a reliable machine so far wouldn't you agree?

The same cannot be said about the 360 I am afraid.

Er... I think you missed the point, liike totally. Someone explained it already, which is why I won't.

So yeah.

Goldrusher

Rekki-Maru said:
good to know,

Going through the guy's post history...he only played the final version of the 360 game. And his PS3 comparisons are based on a older build he played at a press event.

Doubledex

Banned
Rekki-Maru said:
good to know,
yeah, so we have a german mag against ign and EGM ^^
Goldrusher said:
Going through the guy's post history...he only played the final version of the 360 game. And his PS3 comparisons are based on a older build he played at a press event.
and this
:lol

Good morning. So does anyone know if the shitty popups that suddenly appear in front of you are in the PS3 version too or you were just bickering and fighting for the last 5+ pages? Not that it's not fun and hilarious but you know we need some news too.

Doubledex

Banned
fortified_concept said:
Good morning. So does anyone know if the shitty popups that suddenly appear in front of you are in the PS3 version too or you were just bickering and fighting for the last 5+ pages? Not that it's not fun and hilarious but you know we need some news too.
I think they will be there too. Just not as much as in the Xbox360 version (yeah, both versions are good. I know...)

Surfheart

fortified_concept said:

I'll let you know in a few hours when I pick it up for the triple. PS3. I've played a friend's 360 version for a good four hours to compare.

nofi

fortified_concept said:

I've not seen any.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Worst thing in this thread, the use of "TRIPLE" instead of PS3 or Playstation 3.
You bunch of Chad Warden wannabe :lol

Esperado

Accident said:

Canceling preorder. I guess Rockstar can get my money come PS4/Xbox[3]. Unless, of course, there is pop-up in those versions as well. At least I still have my original PS2 copy of GTA3 to play in the meantime.

Thanks guys. I guess we'll have to wait for the impressions a little more.

cyberheater said:
So you're saying the PS3 version has no pop up?
Geez. Are some of you guys deliberately taking things out of context just for fun or are you kind of dense?

Zaangamer

Banned
Esperado said:
Canceling preorder. I guess Rockstar can get my money come PS4/Xbox[3]. Unless, of course, there is pop-up in those versions as well. At least I still have my original PS2 copy of GTA3 to play in the meantime.

Because the Ps2 version of GTA3 had no pop-up what-so-ever AMIRITE ?? dumbnutz

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
nofi said:
I'm saying I've not seen any of the game-breaking 5-feet-in-front-of-you pop up, yes.

Thanks.

I get a feeling this will run and run. I'm surprised there's no comment from R* on this issue.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
fortified_concept said:
Geez. Are some of you guys deliberately taking things out of context just for fun or are you kind of dense?

I'm leaning towards the light hearted...

(I hope folks aren't taking this thread too seriously. Surely it's designed for gentle interplay between sonybots and xbots. No?)

nofi

cyberheater said:
Thanks.

I get a feeling this will run and run. I'm surprised there's no comment from R* on this issue.

On what issue?

The game is fucking awesome on both consoles. I don't see the problem.

cyberheater

nofi said:
On what issue?

The game is fucking awesome on both consoles. I don't see the problem.

Nor do I. But the gaming review sites are saying that there is more pop-in on the 360 version which means at some point. R* may want to comment on that.

nofi

cyberheater said:
Nor do I. But the gaming review sites are saying that there is more pop-in on the 360 version which means at some point. R* may want to comment on that.

Why? Did Starbreeze comment on the motion blur omission in The Darkness?

It's a moot point, it doesn't matter to Joe Gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom