• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfur

WickedLaharl said:
qovgqb.jpg

OMG :lol

BenjaminBirdie said:
There are ways to pour gas on it without insulting an entire userbase while simultaneously placing your own on some kind of magical pedestal. I've found at least twelve just on my own.

Fanboyism is the force that keeps GAF moving. You may hate it, but that's just the way the world works. I for one welcome the endless, unwinnable and pointless console war, merely because it makes GAF worth coming to. Remove fanboys and you lose the megatons, meltdowns and trainwrecks that make GAF so fun.

GenericPseudonym said:
Fanboyism is the force that keeps GAF moving. You may hate it, but that's just the way the world works. I for one welcome the endless, unwinnable and pointless console war, merely because it makes GAF worth coming to. Remove fanboys and you lose the megatons, meltdowns and trainwrecks that make GAF so fun.

But of course. I'm just saying you can spend your country's resources on the ground war. No need to lob nukes around everytime you get into a scuffle.

That's just poor use of resources.

Cheeto

andrewfee said:
With most TVs, yes. It really depends on the set though.
With Pioneer TVs, you need to make sure the enhancer is set to mode 2. (1 sharpens high frequency detail, 3 softens the image)
With Samsung sets you need to make sure edge enhancement is disabled and sharpness is at 0.
With Sony sets you need to make sure sharpness is at 0 and DRC is disabled.
With my old Toshiba it needed to be at -50.
With Panasoincs it's generally the mid-point or a notch below etc.

Basically, set it so that you don't get glowing edges around things.
Oh really? I might have to try this.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Keep posting guys. We're slowly catching up to the "Official" one. 8 hours of solid posting should see us down the home stretch...

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Dever said:
And because of the ever so rampant pop-in in the 360 version, it should be purchased with partial payments.

I know you're joking here, but I'd just like to point out that I've played about 60 hours of the 360 version and have never once seen anything like that tree pop-up clip happen. Not once. I haven't played the PS3 version yet, so I can't compare the two, but the pop-in has not affected my gameplay at all.

There is pop-up to be sure, but I have never had an immovable solid object suddenly materialize in front of me. Grass detail, the occasional trash can, yes, but not trees.

sajj316

<sarcasm>

PS3 owners, please cancel your orders. Its 630P. Its not HD. Its not worth it. While you're at it, sell your copy of COD4 and most of your games while you're at it since its not at least 720P. Upscaling is for L-O-S-E-R-S. Native or its a No Buy! Come on everybody .. lets all get the 360 version!

</sarcasm>

GAF, stop being 630p HATERS!

Hater.jpg

Orlics

So who else thinks Grand Theft Auto IV is going to be a fun game? I am definitely going to play it a lot on my Xbox 360.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
MattKeil said:
I know you're joking here, but I'd just like to point out that I've played about 60 hours of the 360 version have never once seen anything like that tree pop-up clip happen. Not once. I haven't played the PS3 version yet, so I can't compare the two, but the pop-in has not affected my gameplay at all.

There is pop-up to be sure, but I have never had an immovable solid object suddenly materialize in front of me. Grass detail, the occasional trash can, yes, but not trees.

You sir are not helping with the insanity level that this thread was destined for.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
cyberheater said:
Keep posting guys. We're slowly catching up to the "Official" one. 8 hours of solid posting should see us down the home stretch...

I can't believe this thread is more than half the size of the official thread.... :lol

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Brandon F said:
You sir are not helping with the insanity level that this thread was destined for.

I had a feeling empiricism wasn't welcome in this thread, but I decided to go for broke. :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
gcubed said:
samsung HD? turn off all that shit they have

QFT. I almost shat myself when I turned on my Samsung the first time. I literally yelled "what the fuck is this shit!?" It looked horrible. Then I fixed it. Then I came.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
MattKeil said:
I know you're joking here, but I'd just like to point out that I've played about 60 hours of the 360 version and have never once seen anything like that tree pop-up clip happen. Not once.

MAYBE YOU DIDN'T WAIT LONG ENOUGH!

Cdammen

Davidion said:
I wonder what's going to happen when the PC version is announced with full 1080p, no pop-ins, and 60 FPS.
If you have a... (fill in the blank guys) ...PC.

(EDIT) He he, wow @ the thread title change. This thread is awesome :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
andrewfee said:
IGN's capture hardware is blurry, and they sharpened the pictures. It's not representative of how either version looks.

Also: since when was Imageshack allowed again?
Good - that should be something we can easily reproduce on our TVs then! :lol

I thought Imageshack was only not allowed for embedded IMG linking so that it would show a yellow frog after a while. I didn't embed them, but if anyone really cares, I can reupload them elsewhere.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Davidion said:
I wonder what's going to happen when the PC version is announced with full 1080p, no pop-ins, and 60 FPS.

No one will care because we'll all be too busy plaining Resistance 2, Killzone or Gears of War 2.

just for the record...however made the list about titles that aren't running in true 1280x720p resolution...

You can add the PS3 version of Dark Sector to that list, as according to Eurogamer, I believe it was 630p as well

...oh and the PS3 version looked phenomenal and I quite frankly don't give a shit, cause I can't tell the difference :D

Dever

Banned
MattKeil said:
I know you're joking here, but I'd just like to point out that I've played about 60 hours of the 360 version and have never once seen anything like that tree pop-up clip happen. Not once. I haven't played the PS3 version yet, so I can't compare the two, but the pop-in has not affected my gameplay at all.

I know. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a single person being serious in this thread anymore.

Am I being seriously serious with this post? Who knows. I don't even know.
Or maybe I do

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Davidion said:
I doubt many PCs will be running the game at 1080p with no pop-ins at a solid 60 fps. Assassin's Creed was just released, for instance, and most of the visual errors are still present and it's very difficult to achieve a solid 60 fps even at somewhat lower resolutions than 1080p.

Now, if nVidia has released their latest graphics solution by the time GTAIV hits the PC, things might be different. It is unlikely the G80 series could handle GTAIV at 1080p/60 fps. At least not a constant 60...

Cheeto

RSTEIN said:
QFT. I almost shat myself when I turned on my Samsung the first time. I literally yelled "what the fuck is this shit!?" It looked horrible. Then I fixed it. Then I came.
Well shit, I don't know what's on now, but I sure will check when I get off work. HD TV looks like sex though, so the settings can't be *that* off.

Davidion

cyberheater said:
No one will care because we'll all be too busy plaining Resistance 2, Killzone or Gears of War 2.

Sure you will. :lol

BenjaminBirdie said:
Anyone else just hear the *ERRRT* of a barstool getting pushed back?

Not really. I do, however, hear the *ERRRT* of a cheetos and sweat-encrusted couch getting pushed back.

bj00rn_

Banned
So I heard rumors that R* downgraded the PS3 res to 630p (you know, 630 = "360"...) in pure spite to Sony because they didn't cash out 50mil for making DLC.

...Hmm, 360 x 2 is 720... ...OMG!!! PS3 version is basically half the resolution of the 360!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom