• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xdrive05

gregor7777 said:
Has anyone factored in the horrific cramps that you'll experience now with the less than pre-pubescent hand sized PS3 controller, and the life altering arthritis you'll experience down the line from said controller?

Get the facts out people.

I know you're just playing around, but it's not that bad. I have big honkin' man hands too and the small size never bothers me much (when I play PS2). 360 controller's much more comfortable for me, but that doesn't make the PlayStation one terrible or anything.

I mean most of us are used to using the Dual Shock 2 for the other GTAs anyway. I would almost use it for nostalgic purposes. :lol

FightyF said:
Anyone mention this one feature in favour of the 360 version?

+Less idiotic fanboys online

Seriously, play some online games on the PS3, and all they do is rag on the 360. It's as if they're playing videogames for all the wrong reasons.

Ironic post, and I think the entire history and reputation of xbox live makes it even more ironic...

zaidr

FightyF said:
Seriously, play some online games on the PS3, and all they do is rag on the 360. It's as if they're playing videogames for all the wrong reasons.

For real? Thats some funny shit...can't say that never happens on LIVE, but its a rare occasion.

zaidr

OokieSpookie said:
Ironic post, and I think the entire history and reputation of xbox live makes it even more ironic...

Hes talking about Idiotic Fanboys...not screaming 12 year olds (though its hard to discern sometimes, I agree).

Xdrive05

Halo is still the worst though. Those games have created three new orders of magnitude for racial slurs in the English language. They slur races that don't even exist.

OokieSpookie said:
Yeah, I think I would rather hear some ragging about th 360 then be called a colorful selection of derogatory terms.

AmMortal

Banned
FightyF said:

Have you ever even played on xbox live?:lol :lol :lol

dont ever compare the PSN community to that of the 360, ever.

Tobor

Super_Chicken said:
I'll help out, I'll be getting both. PS3 to play single player (prefer the controls #1, IGN's runs better #2) and the 360 to play online with friends (most local friends own the 360). DLC has no real effect for me. I won't buy any on the 360's DRM, but the PS3 one I would probably purchase depending on what they release.

I'm going to have to go with confirmed DLC over rumored speculation.

jaaz

FightyF said:

I've never run across these people you speak of, but okay.

zaidr said:
Hes talking about Idiotic Fanboys...not screaming 12 year olds (though its hard to discern sometimes, I agree).

Meh, once the PS3 becomes popular in the States they'll get their share of screaming idiots.

The key is avoiding certain games, I've found. Usually there's one or two games that attracts 90% of these morons.

An easily available mute function is a big help too.

m0dus

Banned
Warrior300 said:
Have you ever even played on xbox live?:lol :lol :lol

dont ever compare the PSN community to that of the 360, ever.

Yeah, at a mere fraction of the size, it is hardly comparable ;-)

darkressurection said:
Yeah, I think I would rather hear some ragging about th 360 then be called a colorful selection of derogatory terms.

One night not long after Halo 3 came out I was called so many variations of gay in the space of one night that I found myself almost downloading a Barbara Streisand discography before I snapped out of it...

OokieSpookie said:
One night not long after Halo 3 came out I was called so many variations of gay in the space of one night that I found myself almost downloading a Barbara Streisand discography before I snapped out of it...

LOL, yeah, Halo is a prime offender.

Thank the lord for friends lists, in game and out.

m0dus

Banned
OokieSpookie said:

STOP BEING SO HOMOPHOBY

FightyF

Banned
OokieSpookie said:

Heh, do you even know the meaning of the word "irony"?

jaaz said:
I've never run across these people you speak of, but okay.

What games have you played online on your PS3?

OokieSpookie said:

How did you hear any of it over the hellish churning of that infernal console fan?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
FightyF said:

I've been playing burnout online and metal gear solid beta and haven't heard anything about the 360.

OokieSpookie said:

Actually, that is a +1 for the 360 version because of the built in auto-mute feature. Everyone I know already has their settings to friends only voice.

This was the most requested feature from PS3 COD4 users before the patch came out.

BenjaminBirdie said:
How did you hear any of it over the hellish churning of that infernal console fan?
Not sure if this is a joke post or not, but the sound level of the 360 WAS a large factor for me. I imagine that cutscenes and dialog are a big part of GTA 4, and I have a fairly small room. Even with headphones on and at a reasonable level I STILL hear the fan.

FightyF

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Actually, that is a +1 for the 360 version because of the built in auto-mute feature. Everyone I know already has their settings to friends only voice.

This was the most requested feature from PS3 COD4 users before the patch came out.

Does that feature also extend to Friends of Friends...or is there another option to allow FoF?

Woo-Fu

Banned
zaidr said:

Sad part is, every ass with a Live Gold subscription has a headset. The people on PS3 with a headset are those motivated enough by teamplay to think it is worth buying one.

Long story short, I've muted a heck of a lot more annoying people on Live than I have on PSN.

OldJadedGamer said:

The best thing the patch added. I auto mute everyone unless I'm playing with my friends.

Woo-Fu said:
Sad part is, every ass with a Live Gold subscription has a headset. The people on PS3 with a headset are those motivated enough by teamplay to think it is worth buying one.

Long story short, I've muted a heck of a lot more annoying people on Live than I have on PSN.
this

FightyF

Banned
jaaz said:
Resistance. CoD4. Warhawk. Some Burnout.

...but you're over-generalizing.

I've heard it in Resistance and Warhawk, and you're going to find it especially in multiplatform titles like this. Don't just take my word for it, ask any of the GAF crew here who play Resistance online.

GTA IV is going to be especially nasty.

I'm far more interested in winning the round or match, that in talking about how Perfect Dark Zero is over-rated, or how GAF and 1Up are sponsored by Microsoft.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Woo-Fu said:

Considering there are like 3 people in the world who have a mic for the PS3 then of course you will mute more on the 360. I don't like playing on the PSN at all it is like playing single player since no one has a mic. I don't even bother syncing up my mic any more since the odds of finding others with a mic are remote. I really wish sony would include some 50 cent mic so there would be more chat online.

WinFonda

FightyF said:

I've never heard anything like that. I've played most of the major online games on PS3, and sometimes it's rare to have anyone speak at all. Call of Duty 4 probably has the most vocal community, and I have yet to hear anything anti-360. Thats not to say that it doesn't or couldn't happen, but I think you're being unfair with your assessment overall. And certainly I don't think you're more or less likely to encounter fanboy remarks on either service.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
FightyF said:

What?

I have never ever run across people bashing the 360 when playing games online. If anything, they don't talk enough.

Oh, it's Fighty. Figures.

FightyF

Banned
WinFonda said:
And certainly I don't think you're more or less likely to encounter fanboy remarks on either service.

I think it had largely to do with the PS3 having less games at the time and perhaps those gamers felt they had to lash out.

But a multiconsole title like this, especially where the PS3 has the edge graphically, people may be more focused on "hugging PS3s" than checking their radar and nabbing Crooks.

gregor7777 said:
Has anyone factored in the horrific cramps that you'll experience now with the less than pre-pubescent hand sized PS3 controller, and the life altering arthritis you'll experience down the line from said controller?

Good point!

Imagine what numbers the PS2 could have sold if it wasn´t hampered by the size of the controller.

This thread does indeed deliver.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
WinFonda said:
I've never heard anything like that. I've played most of the major online games on PS3, and sometimes it's rare to have anyone speak at all. Call of Duty 4 probably has the most vocal community, and I have yet to hear anything anti-360. Thats not to say that it doesn't or couldn't happen, but I think you're being unfair with your assessment overall. And certainly I don't think you're more or less likely to encounter fanboy remarks on either service.

I believe if anything anti-xbox was said online in a ps3 game, FightyF started it. He probably made a smarmy comment that agitated a few of the players probably got into a anti-xbox mood.

FightyF said:
I think it had largely to do with the PS3 having less games at the time and perhaps those gamers felt they had to lash out.

But a multiconsole title like this, especially where the PS3 has the edge graphically, people may be more focused on "hugging PS3s" than checking their radar and nabbing Crooks.

Example of a smarmy comment.

fse

seems pop in is really bad.

29zbk3d922.gif

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
gregor7777 said:

Man, keep fighting the good fight lil' buddy. Maybe someone will listen.

FightyF

Banned
neojubei said:
I believe if anything anti-xbox was said online in a ps3 game, FightyF started it. He probably made a smarmy comment that agitated a few of the players probably got into a anti-xbox mood.

*LOL* starting with the conspiracy theories now. :lol

Awesome. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

f_elz said:
seems pop in is really bad.

29zbk3d922.gif

Reminds me of Crackdown when the disc was scratched.

Reviewers would have mentioned things like that with the retail product, anyway. Pop-in of that degree isn't 10-worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom