• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
I know that place. 1st island.

Never saw that happen, nor anything like that. In 4 hours, and i saw that location quite a bit.

I drove around that area a few times with no issues either (X360 version).

It's probably a badly burnt disc.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Heh. Where did you think seventeen streams of game footage since Tuesday were coming from?

point taken, but I just figured they were posted by people who got promo copies or something. I didn't think console piracy was an issue this gen.

LowParry

Choke on the Magic said:
point taken, but I just figured they were posted by people who got promo copies or something. I didn't think console piracy was an issue this gen.

It will and always be an issue.

Choke on the Magic said:
Kudos to the mods of GAF that you don´t know more about curr gen piracy.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
FightyF said:
Anyone mention this one feature in favour of the 360 version?

+Less idiotic fanboys online

Seriously, play some online games on the PS3, and all they do is rag on the 360. It's as if they're playing videogames for all the wrong reasons.
Oh snap. Irony gone wild. PSN community vs live is like comparing Gaf to hmmm team xbox forums respectively :). Crazy

Walshicus

Choke on the Magic said:
It's an every-gen issue.

OldJadedGamer said:
I guess this way of thinking works if you have no friends to play with on either console. Most people will get it for the system where the majority of their friends are. That is the best version in my opinion.

I think I have more "online friends" on my PS3 than 360 (none of my real life friends own a PS3 or 360...just a wii), so I could go both ways. That also isnt an important thing for me anyway since I will most likely play in gaf games.

that reminds me, did they mention if the game uses shitty matchmaking only or do you have a server list? does the PS3 (or 360 version) allow dedicated servers?

f_elz said:
seems pop in is really bad.

29zbk3d922.gif

Trying hard are we ? :)

JK, but I've already seen that area in the 360 version. Such a thing didn't happen.

PistolGrip said:
Oh snap. Irony gone wild. PSN community vs live is like comparing Gaf to hmmm team xbox forums respectively :). Crazy

Warrior300 said:
So, wait people can be fanbois without precautions here?

Whoever likes the 360 cover over the PS3 cover is gay

Indeed.

PistolGrip said:

To be fair, the PSN community could be just as fuckstupid as the XBL community is, problem is we never hear them talk. Sony really need to include that socom bluetooh headset with a PS3 soon.

FightyF

Banned
PistolGrip said:

Some of you people need to start referencing a dictionary before using some words. Irony was used twice and wasn't applicable. *shakes head*

gtj1092

Dont know how to make a thread but i just saw a PS3 branded only GTA4 commercial during the lakers game. Background music was garbage though.

edit kind of amazing that this the first commercial I saw and it wasn't even from MS.

Sykra

gtj1092 said:
Dont know how to make a thread but i just saw a PS3 branded only GTA4 commercial during the lakers game. Background music was garbage though.

edit kind of amazing that this the first commercial I saw and it wasn't even from MS.

That's odd, i thought MS had the exclusive.

Awntawn

Did Sony moneyhat the GTA4 commercials? Right after the Lakers/Nuggets game on TNT, GTA commercial comes up, no sign of the 360 commercial anywhere. Not the usual moneyhatted splash at the end where they show all the logos discreetly, there was no mention of 360 at all. At the end, they showed the Take 2 logo, the Rockstar logo, the PS3 logo, then the PS3 splash.

Did each side pay for their own set of commercials, or did Sony ninja in and yoink this one? D;

EDIT: beaten apparently? 3;

Awntawn said:
Did Sony moneyhat the GTA4 commercials? Right after the Lakers/Nuggets game on TNT, GTA commercial comes up, no sign of the 360 commercial anywhere. Not the usual moneyhatted splash at the end where they show all the logos discreetly, there was no mention of 360 at all. At the end, they showed the Take 2 logo, the Rockstar logo, the PS3 logo, then the PS3 splash.

Did each side pay for their own set of commercials, or did Sony ninja in and yoink this one? D;

Which one was it? A new one? "Get Innocuous?"

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The only comparison right now that is causing me concern is me comparing the LE to the SE and trying to decide if I want to spend $30 more for the soundtrack. Has there been any word on R* releasing a soundtrack that can be purchased separately?

gtj1092

Awntawn said:

I would like you to please edit your post with a beaten. Thanks in advance:D

painful fart said:
Kudos to the mods of GAF that you don´t know more about curr gen piracy.

guess I'm not in that loop. I just figured it was fixed from the last gen. I realize handhelds have cfw which add to piracy problems, but I thought the consoles were mod "almost" mod proof.

DenogginizerOS said:
The only comparison right now that is causing me concern is me comparing the LE to the SE and trying to decide if I want to spend $30 more for the soundtrack. Has there been any word on R* releasing a soundtrack that can be purchased separately?

Right now we just know about the Amazonk arrangement where you can buy every song you hear in the game as a download through them.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
BenjaminBirdie said:
Right now we just know about the Amazonk arrangement where you can buy every song you hear in the game as a download through them.
Yuck. I want a nice case with a raised logo. Do it Rockstar!!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Choke on the Magic said:
guess I'm not in that loop. I just figured it was fixed from the last gen. I realize handhelds have cfw which add to piracy problems, but I thought the consoles were mod "almost" mod proof.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Hackers will find a way to hack anything.

The PS3 is really the only console that's piracy proof, and that's only because no one wants to download a 25 GB behemoth of a game and/or buy a $800 blu ray burner.

FightyF

Banned
Fatghost said:
So does the PS3 version support custom soundtracks?

Neither version does to the extent the previous titles did. The 360 only allows for playing it through the blade as you typically do for most titles.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
FightyF said:
Neither version does to the extent the previous titles did. The 360 only allows for playing it through the blade as you typically do for most titles.

So does the PS3 version support custom soundtracks at all?

And is there a talk radio station in GTA4?

FightyF said:
and that's fine with me as well... GTA is the only title will I'll always listening to the in-game music ....its essentially to the whole experience

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
m0dus said:
yeeaaah. Either someone's box is about to die

That's what I thought when I saw the gif, there must be something wrong with the Xbox itself. No game worth a shit has popups that bad.

raYne

GSG Flash said:
That's what I thought when I saw the gif, there must be something wrong with the Xbox itself. No game worth a shit has popups that bad.
I'm pretty sure it's been said already, but we've also been watching feeds for days and nothing remotely that bad has even been seen.

That was most definitely a streaming issue.

mabuza

Banned
gtj1092 said:

good good.

AmishNazi

Banned
FightyF said:
I've heard it in Resistance and Warhawk, and you're going to find it especially in multiplatform titles like this. Don't just take my word for it, ask any of the GAF crew here who play Resistance online.

GTA IV is going to be especially nasty.

I'm far more interested in winning the round or match, that in talking about how Perfect Dark Zero is over-rated, or how GAF and 1Up are sponsored by Microsoft.

Hmmmm you play with people who do nothing but argue consoles all day.... Can we get a huge massive rolling duh for you?

Ryuuga

Banned
I decided I wasn't going to buy this game, but the multiplayer modes (especially free-mode) sounds fantastic. I watched the OXM insider video and.... kart racing in subway tunnels? Yeah, so I'm definitely getting this. Now all I need to do is buy a new headset for Live. Can anyone recommend me one? Or should I just stick with the official wired/wireless brand?

Either way, see a few of you online. I only have a sparse amount of gaffers on my list so add me if you wish.

Ryuuga said:
I decided I wasn't going to buy this game, but the multiplayer modes (especially free-mode) sounds fantastic. I watched the OXM insider video and.... kart racing in subway tunnels? Yeah, so I'm definitely getting this. Now all I need to do is buy a new headset for Live. Can anyone recommend me one? Or should I just stick with the official wired/wireless brand?

Either way, see a few of you online. I only have a sparse amount of gaffers on my list so add me if you wish.

The what video?

GSG Flash said:
The PS3 is really the only console that's piracy proof, and that's only because no one wants to download a 25 GB behemoth of a game and/or buy a $800 blu ray burner.

If that's all it takes, it would be done by now. PS3 just has a much more robust security/DRM protocol than Wii or 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom