• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTAIV Comparison Head-to-Head Thread Episode V: An Epic Tale of ManBoobs and Woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

vMaxx

AZ Greg said:
Yes or no question, did you buy your 720P or higher resolution HDTV and PS3/360 to play at 630P?

I don't know about you, but I think I'm gonna go buy me a fake Rolex in Mexico since nobody will be able to tell the difference! :D
You have a point there but i wanted to say that it doesnt't matter which version comes to top.Fanboys fight and argue as if the take part of the profit!

Rorschach

vMaxx said:
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! FANBOYS, SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ENJOY A GREAT GAME.IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH VERSION IS BETTER.JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME WITHOUT SCREAMING ABOUT 630P OR POP UP.YOU BEHAVE LIKE 5 YEAR OLD KIDS.
I'M ON THE INTERNET!!!!

OverHeat

« generous god »
jaaz said:
Hey can I play too?

-downplay the 57 reviews that said the 360 version has more pop-in than the PS3 version
-take as absolute fact a random poster on another board that claims PS3 GTA IV is sub-720p based on one compressed screen shot from ign.com
-deny that there's a chance that a multiplatform game might look better on the PS3
-blame everything on the PS3 fanboys

How did I do?

NeoSAF
Believe

magus

I love my PS3 but these fanboy wars are getting out of control. Just buy whatever version you want and be happy you got the game.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Right. That's me. I'm off to get my GTA4 folks. Enjoy the thread. I've really enjoyed the blast today. My favourite thread of the year and I wouldn't have been possible without you good people.

Take care. Bye.

szaromir

Banned
CowboyAstronaut said:
No joke, the same exact performance. What frame drops do exist, they are minor at best on both machines
Somehow, this doesn't sound like a consolation... I would prefer them to be minor at worst cases:lol

Evlar

Banned
mood said:
Haha going by this thread, both versions are inferior to each other now. But one has to be more inferiorer!
I don't know why we're even talking about this game, it's so obviously a pile of shit on both systems. What a fuckup.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
mood said:
Haha going by this thread, both versions are inferior to each other now. But one has to be more inferiorer!

Well the trick is to find out which one looks less inferior from an angle.

kinda like my penis.

jaaz said:
Hey can I play too?

-downplay the 57 reviews that said the 360 version has more pop-in than the PS3 version
-take as absolute fact a random poster on another board that claims PS3 GTA IV is sub-720p based on one compressed screen shot from ign.com
-deny that there's a chance that a multiplatform game might look better on the PS3
-blame everything on the PS3 fanboys

How did I do?

Tired, derivative and unoriginal. There hasn't even been 57 reviews, so you clearly don't even know what you're talking about. That random poster is trusted and has revealed many different game resolutions. Plus, PS3 fanboys are horrible people and the root of all evil. You clearly don't know what you're talking about so quit jumping on my back.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
lowrider007 said:
Yes or No answer, two identical TV's, two copies of GTA IV, a PS3 and a 360, both running GTA4 side by side, could you actually tell the difference between the diifferent resolutions that the game is rendered at ?

so no one has got a definitive answer to this question then ?

apart from "The PS3 version should look a little blurrier."

come on people, would you be able to tell the difference, don't give me, maybe, or should be able to, YES OR NO FFS.

Mmmkay

itsgreen said:
You do know that is only 480p at best right?
fulltvc020904202717pic434.jpg

Well, except get you fit...

itsgreen

lowrider007 said:
so oneone has got a definitive answer to this question then

come on people, would you be able to tell the difference, don't give me, maybe, or should be able to, YES OR NO FFS.

I do. Seriously. I can see the difference between a 360 game running in 720p or lower resolutions...

dfyb

Banned
GenericPseudonym said:
Also, we've found that pop-in is worse on review copies than on the retail game.
insufficient evidence to really back this claim up. there have been people with retail copies that report similar pop-in to review copies. why do you keep ignoring this?

danwarb

lowrider007 said:
so no one has got a definitive answer to this question then ?

Yes.

KTallguy

Banned
GenericPseudonym said:
PS3 fanboys are horrible people and the root of all evil. You clearly don't know what you're talking about so quit jumping on my back.

Meltdown confirmed :lol

Jesus H. Christ, who gives a flying fuck.
Just buy the one you have the most friends online for.
If anyone wants to eat an RPG, PSN: KTallguy here.

BTW, OT but what does the H in Jesus H. Christ stand for again?

That's right, SHUT THE HELL UP.
:lol

Though we should thank Chub for confining this all to one big massive clusterfuck of a thread. I guess I'm just a masochist for posting here.

jaaz

GenericPseudonym said:
Tired, derivative and unoriginal. There hasn't even been 57 reviews, so you clearly don't even know what you're talking about. That random poster is trusted and has revealed many different game resolutions. Plus, PS3 fanboys are horrible people and the root of all evil. You clearly don't know what you're talking about so quit jumping on my back.

I love this thread. 5 hours to go to pick up my copy!!!

KTallguy said:
Meltdown confirmed :lol

Jesus H. Christ, who gives a flying fuck.
Just buy the one you have the most friends online for.
If anyone wants to eat an RPG, PSN: KTallguy here.

BTW, OT but what does the H in Jesus H. Christ stand for again?

That's right, SHUT THE HELL UP.

Someone can't get a joke/sarcasm I see.

Salmonax

lowrider007 said:
Short answer: "yes" with an "if." Long answer: "no" with a "but."

Big-E

dfyb said:
insufficient evidence to really back this claim up. there have been people with retail copies that report similar pop-in to review copies. why do you keep ignoring this?

Because we have gifs that show pop in not occurring in the same spot. It is impossible for pop-in to appear out of nowhere randomly. Pop-in always occurs in the same spot and will always be present.

karasu said:
But when all of the major sites agree, that has to mean something. :/
God Hand, metacritic, check it.

Also, there's not any static overarching conclusion. Saying the PS3 version looks "warmer" is an indecisive way of saying absolutely shit about the game.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
itsgreen said:
I do. Seriously. I can see the difference between a 360 game running in 720p or lower resolutions...

I'm not asking that, read my question properly, I'm asking if you could tell the difference between the the 360 version running at 720p compared to the PS3 version running at 630p, you would be able to tell 100% that ps3 version is running at a lower resolution ?

artist

Banned
Big-E said:
Because we have gifs that show pop in not occurring in the same spot. It is impossible for pop-in to appear out of nowhere randomly. Pop-in always occurs in the same spot and will always be present.
Who's that lady in your avatar?

KTallguy said:
Though we should thank Chub for confining this all to one big massive clusterfuck of a thread.

It's a giant clusterfuck only because everybody can post anything in this thread. There should be one on-going never closing system war thread where people can go to vent. :lol

szaromir

Banned
lowrider007 said:
I'm not asking that, read my question properly, I'm asking if you could tell the difference between the the 360 version running at 720p compared to the PS3 version running at 630p, you would be able to tell 100% that the ps3 version is running at a lower resolution ?
If he can see it between different games, he'll more likely see it in the same game.

KTallguy

Banned
No Means Nomad said:
God Hand, metacritic, check it.

Apples and oranges. The quality of the game itself is not being debated. It's the performance of the game on different platforms that's being debated. And reviews have unanimously pointed towards...

OMG STOP IT STOP IT
MirageDwarf said:
It's a giant clusterfuck only because everybody can post anything in this thread. There should be one on-going never closing system war thread where people can go to vent. :lol
It would be for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom