• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax |OT|

Anyone want to enlighten me in getting the alternate exit in Quest 25 - Treasure Land? This keeps stumping me. Internet mentions a giant mole, though I haven't seen one. I'm probably over thinking this but oh well.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
sammyCYBORG said:
Anyone want to enlighten me in getting the alternate exit in Quest 25 - Treasure Land? This keeps stumping me. Internet mentions a giant mole, though I haven't seen one. I'm probably over thinking this but oh well.

Grab all the treasure from the caves, making sure to keep your time topped up, after you have all treasure and free the thief, re-enter the cave the thief was in, a rock should be in it's place, destory it then beat the boss

Baka Zeitgeist said:
Grab all the treasure from the caves, making sure to keep your time topped up, after you have all treasure and free the thief, re-enter the cave the thief was in, a rock should be in it's place, destory it then beat the boss

Thank you! I would have never thought of reentering the same place. Bah, giant mole indeed. I hate the internet.

Gaaraz

Quite disappointed that his is a mere remake of the original, but will very likely get it anyway.

When I had my PSP, I played all of the 'blockbuster' titles including Final Fantasy, God of War, Grand Theft Auto and numerous others, but none came even close to this gem - funny, interesting, charming and brings some truly amazing innovations and gameplay mechanics to a genre that IMO was becoming quite stale, just in the same way Call of Cthulhu did.

I recommend without reservation that anyone slightly interested in this game checks out the demo at the very least, it's definitely worth your money, and your time!

I was pretty excited for this, but the trial killed my hype. It's unplayable on the 360 controller.

The new graphic style is fucking ugly, and in classic mode it was pretty much just the PSP version upscaled (is it the same game even.. ? If so, I already played it to death on PSP, and Europe may be getting HMH2..)

Yeah, I've been playing this on a proper d-pad and it's awesome, the 360 controller is totally useless for it though. Also, I don't mind the new graphics that much.

And yeah, of course the classic graphics are just the PSP ones, that's the point!

Wizpig

I just unlocked Princess 30 and i'm still curious as to why this is supposed to be the "best mode" and why it's "destroyed" in comparison to the PSP release. o_O

weeaboo

Wizpig said:
I just unlocked Princess 30 and i'm still curious as to why this is supposed to be the "best mode" and why it's "destroyed" in comparison to the PSP release. o_O

Princess 30, Evil Lord 30 and Knight 30 are different modes with completly different gameplay and long awesome campaigns. Just watch some videos on youtube, It's a very sad loss in the 360

Eusis

Wizpig said:
It's an entirely different genre for starters.

Wizpig

Nvm, i just read about how they destroyed 30+ level modes in ONE LEVEL crappy modes.

Time to buy the *sigh* PSP version.
I guess don't give them money for the XBLA version, at this point.

Mrbob

I don't own a PSP, so I'm glad I could play this. Cool little game, and I agree with PepsimanvsJoe about it feeling more like a puzzle game than RPG. I love the challenge of attempting to reach your goal in as little time as possible.

I finished all the modes except 3 second Hero. I never ran into a major problem with using the 360 Dpad until I hit Hero 3 mode. I still haven't finished Hero 3 yet. I keep on screwing up my movement due to the dpad not being responsive enough. I'm guessing with the limited time there is only one way to do it? Any tips for Hero 3 mode on how to tackle it?

Top Bottom