• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be weird but while my number 1 choice would be 48 fps 3d, if that won't be possible over here I think I'll settle with traditional 24fps 2d rather than normal 3d.

Unless previews and such deem 3d to be like insanely good.

Edmond Dantès;43936696 said:
Then you have no excuse not to do that Lord of the Rings marathon. :)

for $25 though? Bit steep for 3 movies that have been out of theaters for a while now, shouldve been closer to 20. All the money gets made on concessions anyway

Loxley

for $25 though? Bit steep for 3 movies that have been out of theaters for a while now, shouldve been closer to 20. All the money gets made on concessions anyway

Hey, it's an excuse to see the movies that made me the geek I am today on the big screen again, not many opportunities to do that :) $25 is totally worth it for me.

Has any other movie come out with options like frame rate in theatres? It seems very alien to me imagining my local theatre (that caters mostly to shallow teenagers) to actually sell different tickets depending on it's frame rate (when most of its audience doesn't even care about that)

Or are the different frame rate options only at select theatres?

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Has any other movie come out with options like frame rate in theatres? It seems very alien to me imagining my local theatre (that caters mostly to shallow teenagers) to actually sell different tickets depending on it's frame rate (when most of its audience doesn't even care about that)

Or are the different frame rate options only at select theatres?
Seems to be select theaters at the moment.

Watevaman

I'm really hoping I can see it in 2D at 48 fps. I can't see 3D so I'm stuck with 2D and I'd love to watch something like this at a higher framerate.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Fancy a cuppa?

bilbo-in-bag-end.jpg

That 75th Anniversary edition shown earlier looks fantastic. I ordered it even though I already have two copies of The Hobbit.

Also: just checked the listing of 48fps showings, and there is one in Austin.

Fuck. Yes. Count me in as one who will try to give impressions of the 48fps after I see it.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
If there's one character from Tolkien's abandoned legendarium who I'd like to see in The Hobbit, it's Tevildo Lord of the Cats. He'd fit the whimsy tone of the story.

It's a shame that he was replaced by Thu the Necromancer in the Tale of Tinúviel,

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Galadriel in battle armour. ;)

goldenage_004_2.jpg

From another film, but gives you a good sense of what she might look like during the Dol Guldur confrontation.

Ainaurdur

Edmond Dantès;43958243 said:

goldenage_004_2.jpg

From another film, but gives you a good sense of what she might look like during the Dol Guldur confrontation.
That was probably my second favorite role she has played. First being Galadriel.

Glad to see that a theatre near me has updated on the list and will have HFR 3D. Though I still wish we could see HFR 2D.

Edmond Dantès;43958243 said:

goldenage_004_2.jpg

"I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman. But I have the heart and stomach of a concrete elephant."

So as a side note, I was at Leicester Square yesterday, and I asked about whether the Odeon there will be doing a HFR screening. They didn't know what that was -_-

Grakl

Edmond Dantès;43973551 said:
Has that Shore style to it.

He has truly returned to Middle-earth.

Definitely. I'm happy that he's doing work for The Hobbit as well. The music in the trilogy is half of what made it so amazing to me.

Kud Dukan

Edmond Dantès;43973887 said:
Can't stop listening to it.

Same. It's not much of a stretch to say that one of the main reasons I'm excited for these films is because of the soundtracks. Howard Shore's score for Lord of the Rings is still my favorite film score ever, so the idea that we're getting another three films of Middle-earth music from him is just amazing.

Loxley

The fun part is trying to imagine what the hell is happening while listening to it :)

Personally,
wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with Radagast being attacked in his hut by the spiders that we caught a glimpse of in trailer 2.

Rootbeer

Banned
That sample is great... I hope it's real. Some in the comments section on tumblr are casting doubts.

Anyone attending?

If I had a friend as geekily devoted as I am... I would. But that's an entire Saturday sitting in a theater! I can't do that alone... at least not for 3 films i've seen a few times :)

Ainaurdur

Radagast the "Loop my track many times" Brown.

I would like to attend the LotR screening, it even helps that they are the extended editions, but I also would need to find someone to go with me. And $30 since I am not a RCC member... kinda steep. 2 of them will be matinees, so why not a reduced price?

aceface

Holy shit this music is amazing!

I went to the LotR trilogy marathon when Return of the King premiered. That was an amazing movie-going experience.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That music is fucking perfect, i went giddy as a schoolgirl listening to it, then again, then again

HYPE

HYPE HYPE HYPE

mattp

wait where are you guys finding the listings for 48fps showings?
also are you fucking kidding? no 48fps 2d? god dammit

That sample is great... I hope it's real. Some in the comments section on tumblr are casting doubts.

Anyone attending?

If I had a friend as geekily devoted as I am... I would. But that's an entire Saturday sitting in a theater! I can't do that alone... at least not for 3 films i've seen a few times :)

Extended Editions.

Sweet Jesus, my ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom