• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Ready

hobbitp.jpg

I wonder is the PG13 provisional or have the MPAA seen and rated it. Not showing in the MPAA database yet anyway.

Thought Gaf is the best place to ask, does anyone know if there are going to be any HFR showings in London? I have seen the official list and so far the only one in the UK is in Liverpool and there is no way i can go since my wife just broke her foot, plus i wouldnt want to go all that way anyway just to see a film.

Hope Imax at Waterloo gets it as thats my go to one :(

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Thought Gaf is the best place to ask, does anyone know if there are going to be any HFR showings in London? I have seen the official list and so far the only one in the UK is in Liverpool and there is no way i can go since my wife just broke her foot, plus i wouldnt want to go all that way anyway just to see a film.

Hope Imax at Waterloo gets it as thats my go to one :(
So far only the Royal London Red Carpet Premiere is confirmed to be HFR. That's it for London as of now. I'm sure more venues will be confirmed in the next few weeks. Just keep an eye on the thread.

Edmond Dantès;44156676 said:
So far only the Royal London Red Carpet Premiere is confirmed to be HFR. That's it for London as of now. I'm sure more venues will be confirmed in the next few weeks. Just keep an eye on the thread.

Thanks for the reply, i just wish they werent suddenly worried about showing 48fps because some random fools didnt like a 10 minutes asmple with pre finished footage.

Hobbun

Is anyone planning on seeing this in Dolby Atmos?

If anyone doesn't know what it is, here is the link for the website:

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/technology/movie/dolby-atmos-details.html

It's a new experience, so wanted to try it out. The only problem is there are limited theaters for it right now. I bought tickets for myself and friends at the closest location that has the sound system. The only drawback is it isn't in IMAX, although it does have HFR.

Looking forward to seeing what it's like.

Edmond Dantès;44166230 said:
New images

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=69855

Love the Elven architecture, very benefiting of the first of Iluvatar's children.

I bet some will disagree but I really like the impish and somewhat goofy look of the misty mountain goblins and goblin king. I enjoyed the relatively light-hearted tone of The Hobbit book and I am glad that this appears not to have been completely lost in PJ's interpretation.

I can't believe it's only 3 weeks to the world premiere.

The first screenings of FOTR were 2 weeks before the world premiere.

We might not be too far away from hearing the first impressions...

Several new posters just popped up on the Hobbit Facebook page. Got to say I'm not liking them, and a lot of similar promotional material. Everything looks too clean and photoshopped beyond belief.
Please don't be a bad omen for the film!

Several new posters just popped up on the Hobbit Facebook page. Got to say I'm not liking them, and a lot of similar promotional material. Everything looks too clean and photoshopped beyond belief.
Please don't be a bad omen for the film!

That's just WB's style, but the trailers do have an overtly glossy feel too.

Alright I'm out after that track. And yes it is glorious. Very much in line with the previous trilogy. It actually reuses some stuff from Fellowship and manages to be different OMG.

Loxley

Yep, i'm officially in complete blackout mode until release. I've only listened to two of the tracks and that's all I need to hear.

Edmond Dantès;44176351 said:
My spangly OT. :(

I'm sure you'll make an absolutely fantastic OT. Just please don't make it a wall of images like so many other OTs.

I really dislike how many OT's I've seen that seem to show pictures of every character poster, locale etc. Over-exposure is a real turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom