• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Empire have the complete soundtrack streaming.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35757

It won't play for me though. :/

0425_ubpao.gif

OMFG!
My Dear Frodo

Rootbeer

Banned
entire album for free streaming.
still can't purchase and download
why do they insist on ignoring money

Someone will rip it from empire, cut it up, put it on a torrent somewhere, and that'll be that. may only be 128kbps or so but it's still free. so why? the times man, the times.

entire album for free streaming.
still can't purchase and download
why do they insist on ignoring money

Someone will rip it from empire, cut it up, put it on a torrent somewhere, and that'll be that. may only be 128kbps or so but it's still free. so why? the times man, the times.

Someone would have done that as soon as the CD was released too. Put it all up on youtube or who knows where. CD sales can't be what they used to be so maybe Empire offered them some money or advertising for this and they figured it was worth it.

Oh fuck! I pressed pause and now I have to start over again.

Screw it, I'll wait for the CD.

Yeah...just got about 30 minutes in and paused only to come back and have to start over.

Someone would have done that as soon as the CD was released too. Put it all up on youtube or who knows where. CD sales can't be what they used to be so maybe Empire offered them some money or advertising for this and they figured it was worth it.

Pretty sure Empire had the whole soundtrack for The Dark Knight Rises up on their site prior to release too.

Kud Dukan

Only listened to about 10 minutes of it since I need to go to class soon, but what I heard sounded fantastic. I'll listen to the entire thing later this evening.

I'm hearing some LOTR motifs I really wasn't expecting to hear in The Hobbit...Could be spoilerific for people familiar with the LOTR soundtrack.

Edit : Absolutely love the soundtrack so far.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Interesting list by WB

BEST PICTURE
CAROLYNNE CUNNINGHAM
ZANE WEINER
FRAN WALSH
PETER JACKSON

BEST DIRECTOR
PETER JACKSON

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
FRAN WALSH &
PHILIPPA BOYENS &
PETER JACKSON &
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

BEST ACTOR
MARTIN FREEMAN

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
IAN McKELLEN
RICHARD ARMITAGE
ANDY SERKIS

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
CATE BLANCHETT

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
ANDREW LESNIE, ACS, ASC

BEST ART DIRECTION
Production Designer
DAN HENNAH
Set Decorators
RA VINCENT
SIMON BRIGHT

BEST FILM EDITING
JABEZ OLSSEN

BEST COSTUME DESIGN
ANN MASKREY
RICHARD TAYLOR
BOB BUCK

BEST MAKEUP
Armour, Weapons, Creatures and Special Makeup
RICHARD TAYLOR
Hair and Makeup Design
PETER SWORDS KING

BEST SOUND MIXING
Production Sound Mixer
TONY JOHNSON
Re-Recording Mixers
CHRISTOPHER BOYES
MICHAEL HEDGES
MICHAEL SEMANICK

BEST SOUND EDITING
BRENT BURGE
CHRIS WARD

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
JOE LETTERI
ERIC SAINDON
DAVID CLAYTON
R. CHRISTOPHER WHITE

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
HOWARD SHORE

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
“Song of the Lonely Mountain”
Music by
NEIL FINN
DAVID DONALDSON
STEVE ROCHE
JANET RODDICK
DAVID LONG
Lyrics by
NEIL FINN
Performed and Produced by
NEIL FINN

http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/v3/de/news/tolkienfilme/news_97920.php

Optimistic list, I wonder how many of these will become a reality.

Ainaurdur

Edmond Dantès;44295169 said:

All of them! Or at least half of them? Anyway, it's about time the Oscars had some worthy movies to showcase. The last few times I have caught them on tv, they have been an absolute bore. This year has had at least a few good ones.

All of them! Or at least half of them? Anyway, it's about time the Oscars had some worthy movies to showcase. The last few times I have caught them on tv, they have been an absolute bore. This year has had at least a few good ones.

Yeah, they finally got the actual best movie of the year nominated this year with The Tree of Life.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I fear There and Back Again will rewarded in the same manner as The Return of the King, hence AUJ and TDOS been ignored to a certain extent.

Edmond Dantès;44295169 said:
Interesting list by WB

All of those are a lock for nomination apart from the acting noms, those are very optimistic.

Kud Dukan

All of those are a lock for nomination apart from the acting noms, those are very optimistic.

I'm not sure the Best Picture/Director nominations are locks either right now. Those categories are going to be very competitive this year, and I sometimes wonder if the Academy will feel that they have rewarded Peter Jackson's Middle-earth films enough after Return of the King.

If the film is as fantastic as we are all hoping though, I can definitely see it getting nominated. I'm rooting for them!

I'm not sure the Best Picture/Director nominations are locks either right now. Those categories are going to be very competitive this year, and I sometimes wonder if the Academy will feel that they have rewarded Peter Jackson's Middle-earth films enough after Return of the King.

If the film is as fantastic as we are all hoping though, I can definitely see it getting nominated. I'm rooting for them!

Well there are 10 nominations for Best Picture now, I think it's probably a lock for that. But yeah Director would be tough actually. We'll probably start hearing the early buzz this week.

jb1234

Empire have the complete soundtrack streaming.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35757

It won't play for me though. :/

So far, this is a little worrying. There's some great material here but there's also a lot that isn't very distinctive. I feel the same way about the LotR complete recordings so I wish they had put out a single-disc release first with all the highlights. It's the rare score that can sustain itself over an hour.

GCX

So far, this is a little worrying. There's some great material here but there's also a lot that isn't very distinctive. I feel the same way about the LotR complete recordings so I wish they had put out a single-disc release first with all the highlights. It's the rare score that can sustain itself over an hour.
I can't really find any movie scores distinctive or memorable if I haven't actually seen the movie. That's why I'm not listening.

Dresden

It'll be the LOTR trilogy again, won't get anything until the end of the series.

Just like the LOTR trilogy, too, the first will be the best.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just like the LOTR trilogy, too, the first will be the best.
This is not even remotely true. The majority considers TTT to be the best one.

This is not even remotely true. The majority considers TTT to be the best one.

Argumentum ad populum.

RotK is my personal favorite.

You bow to no one..

Tears...everywhere.

I hope there's scenes like that in The Hobbit.

Every LOTR film had them for me.

Fellowship: Dwarrowdelf entry.
Fellowship: Gandalf's fall.
Fellowship: Boromir's death.
The Two Towers: Eomer arriving at Helm's Deep.
The Two Towers: Sam's speech.
Return of the King: 'You bow to no one'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom