• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's zero chance that the movie will be bad, it's just a question of how good it will be, and I believe it will be fantastic.

The last two tv spots made me even more excited, the comedy looks great with the dwarves and the scene in the 7th spot (I think) with Bilbo addressing the Dwarves somewhere in the forests is just splendid, Freeman's delivery is just so good, and the movie looks so gorgeous.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Edmond Dantès;44669778 said:
In select places.

Okay. I found a list.

Bluewater: Showcase Cinema Bluewater
Bristol: Showcase Cinema de Lux Bristol
Derby: Showcase Cinema de Lux Derby
Derby: Showcase Cinema Derby Foresters Park
Dudley: Showcase Cinema Dudley
Glasgow: Showcase Cinema Glasgow
Leeds: Showcase Cinema Leeds
Leicester: Showcase Cinema de Lux Leicester
Liverpool: ODEON Cinema (theater rep is ”99% sure”)
London: ODEON Leicester Square
London: Empire Leicester Square
Manchester: Odeon Manchester IMAX @ The Printworks
Nottingham: Cineworld IMAX Nottingham
Nottingham: Showcase Cinema Nottingham
Peterborough: Showcase Cinema Peterborough
Pontypridd: Showcase Cinema Cardiff Nantgarw
Sheffield: Cineworld Sheffield & IMAX
Teesside: Showcase Cinema Teesside

Hobbit-1-Nov.-23-2012.jpg

bengraven

Sick and quarantined to my room with just a 28inch 1080i crt...

Its fine, since I'm re-watching the EEs.

Always forget my favorite line from Fellowship: "...you have elected the way of....PAIN"

Loxley

In all seriousness, my favorite quote from Fellowship is from the deleted scene between Boromir and Aragorn in Lothlorien:

Aragorn: Take some rest. These borders are well protected.

Boromir: I will find no rest here. I heard her voice inside my head. She spoke of my father and the fall of Gondor. She said to me, even now, there is hope left, but I cannot see it. It is long since we had any hope. My father is a noble man, but his rule is failing, and our people lose faith. He looks to me to make things right and I would do it. I would see the glory of Gondor restored. Have you ever seen it, Aragorn? The White Tower of Ecthelion, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?

Aragorn: I have seen the White City, long ago.

Boromir: One day, our paths will lead us there and the tower guard will take up the call: The Lords of Gondor have returned.

Freakin' Boromir's a poet.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy will always hold a special place amongst movies for me, as my brother, father and I have watched them all on boxing day in the cinema. We are doing the same with the Hobbit as well, can't wait.

No joke, I quote lord of the rings trilogy like every day. People don't even notice I do it. I don't even notice. Some lines have just worked their way into my daily vocabulary. Same with Seinfeld. I don't even care if no one notices, I do it for me:(

Amir0x

Banned
On the Hobbit HFR capable theater list, does that mean if a theater is on the list it will definitely be showing Hobbit in 48fps? http://www.thehobbit.com/hfr3d/index.html

'Cause it has this one ->

Wilkes Barre, PA

Moosic 20 + XD (Moosic, PA 18507)

And it'd be so nice to go to this one and NOT have to travel 2 hours to see something special, like I did for Rises and true IMAX, which resulted in a horrible accident. I rather stay close lol

Raguel

Its so incredibly awesome to see john howe and alan lee in the vlog. So much of the visual themes of world of Tolkien came from those two.

Loxley

So basically they're actually done and want to make it seem like they're not?

Done? They've got two whole movies to finish o_O As for the first film, the movie isn't scheduled to be completed until a couple days before the actual premiere (as was stated in the vlog).

Also, dat Misty Mountains theme. It's clearly meant to be the anthem for (at least) the first film.

On the Hobbit HFR capable theater list, does that mean if a theater is on the list it will definitely be showing Hobbit in 48fps? http://www.thehobbit.com/hfr3d/index.html

'Cause it has this one ->

Wilkes Barre, PA

Moosic 20 + XD (Moosic, PA 18507)

And it'd be so nice to go to this one and NOT have to travel 2 hours to see something special, like I did for Rises and true IMAX, which resulted in a horrible accident. I rather stay close lol

That's the closest one to me. A little less than 2 hours.

GCX

Also, dat Misty Mountains theme. It's clearly meant to be the anthem for (at least) the first film.
I think it'll be the overal main theme of the whole trilogy. It just sounds like such a perfect follow-up to the fellowship theme.

I swear to God IMO that the Misty Mountains theme and the song by the Dwarves are the two best things that Shore has ever done. So fu cking epic, Misty Mountains theme is already cult for me, and even better than the LOTR theme.

Interesting info, anyway it sounds great. I just love the score, my favorite might be Erebor (in Deluxe edition) which I'm guessing will be in the
prologue with battle of Azanulbizar, which is hopefully in the first movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom