• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

methodman

Banned
Omg. Dat video. Gandalf. Bilbo. I'm weak in the knees.

If any of hobbit gaf lives in the Bay area, there's a theatre in Fremont that has hfr 3d and Dolby atmos

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
sold

sold sold sold

sold

sold

sold.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
Edmond Dantès;44808195 said:
First full length clip from The Hobbit - SSSSPPPPPPPOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLEEEEEEEERRRRRSSSSSS

http://www.badtaste.it/articoli/prima-clip-dello-hobbit-un-viaggio-inaspettato

Gandalf's last sentence is a bit heavy-handed... we all know what it is eluding to.

Gandalf looks noticably older, much so. Going to be a tad bit jarring for those who experience these two trilogies down the line. He looks fantastic in the role, but still, those 12 or 13 years really show. IIRC the first trilogy was shooting in 1999.

Those youtube comments...

Watching this made my "sword" "glow".

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
From the article above:

How many significant wideshots of New Zealand landscapes?

One at least every 10 minutes. Which is quite a lot.

48fps put to good use.

How many big action scenes?

A dozen or so.

Action packed it seems.

Yes. That's what I've been waiting to see most of all. Gollum is going to look mindblowing in 48fps. That's when shit is really gonna start to seem real.

Fuck I can't wait for Avatar 2 at 60fps. Shit is going to destroy people's minds.

JeTmAn81

Wow, Christopher Lee looks pretty much exactly like he did in LOTR. Is this really out in just over two weeks? Seems surreal. I got my Blu-Ray set of the LOTR trilogy today, going to try to get them all watched before the premiere.

jb1234

Wow, Christopher Lee looks pretty much exactly like he did in LOTR. Is this really out in just over two weeks? Seems surreal. I got my Blu-Ray set of the LOTR trilogy today, going to try to get them all watched before the premiere.

The dude is 90. Either he has remarkable genes or he's caked in makeup.

(I'm betting it's a combo.)

Those pictures are gorgeous but I'm don't want to see anything else new from the film until Dec 13th now. :)

Avoided all TV spots and if there is a trailer #3 I'll be skipping it.

Those colour graded shots are stunning.

I genuinely think I might be weeping during this film. The Hobbit is my favourite book of all time and I have so many fond memories of exploring the fields and trees close to my house pretending I was a Hobbit on an adventure when I was eight or so.

These films are the closest I'll ever come to that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
anyone else noticing alot of digital touch up on Saruman? I kind of expected it but i do hope they keep it minimal in motion :[

Those colour graded shots are stunning.

I genuinely think I might be weeping during this film.

Reminded me of this quote from the 48fps impressions at CinemaCon.

I have major reservations, but at the same time am beyond awed at many elements of what hit my visual cortex. Recalling the sweeping landscape shots they opened with now, I almost feel tears welling, and I can’t explain why. It was overwhelming in the most literal sense. It directly assaults your synapses with twice as much information through your retinas as you have become conditioned to expect from traditional cinema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom