• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edmond Dantès;44817060 said:
A week before the worldwide release as per GAF policy. Might even be earlier.

So, Dec 5.

Preparations are underway and SunhiLegend is providing a helping hand.

Oh I like the sound of that.

Give the guy a break. It's amazing he can even act in a movie at his age.

This. The man is an absolute legend. He was in 8 films back in 1948, just 3 years after the end of World War II, and not as a child actor, as a man a few years away from being 30. In 1948. And now here he is, acting in this huge movie releasing a couple of weeks from the year 2013. Amazing.

Good thing it worked out the way it did, they woulda had to recast him in The Hobbit otherwise. No way he would've been able to handle the role at his age.

I'm a sick and twisted person, but when all the problems were happening with getting The Hobbit in production, I just kept hoping Ian McKellan would survive long enough to wrap filming. I couldn't live in a world with a recast Gandalf.

methodman

Banned

So, Dec 5.

I love your OT's and Sunhi is the Greatest GAF poster of all time so this OT is gonna be amazeballs

BLAZER

Watching the clip, I'm still a little un-easy about Martin Freeman casting... I'm not sure i like his interpretation of the part. He's seems "goofy"??? I hope it doesn't ruin it.

Time will tell, anyone else have these thoughts?

ascii42

Watching the clip, I'm still a little un-easy about Morgan Freeman casting... I'm not sure i like his interpretation of the part. He's seems "goofy"??? I hope it doesn't ruin it.

It's Martin Freeman who plays Bilbo. Quick, someone photoshop Morgan Freeman as Bilbo!

methodman

Banned
Watching the clip, I'm still a little un-easy about Morgan Freeman casting... I'm not sure i like his interpretation of the part. He's seems "goofy"??? I hope it doesn't ruin it.

Morgan Freeman? word? he's in this??

:jnc

Loxley

So, Dec 5.

Something about my body being ready :)

So...

I have heard that the 3D has some gimmicky moments....like creatures heads sticking out of the screen growling at you.

This is what I have always hated about 3D. Not the headaches or the eyestrain, although that plays a part. But from a STORY perspective. There's no narrative reason for things to be popping out of the screen at me. As soon as something looks like it's pointing directly at me (a sword, or something), then I think about ME sitting in the theater. And boom, immersion broken.

tumblr_m6ycpyUICj1ql0j5v.jpg

BLAZER

Nice. I have started something special. lol

But seriously though is anyone else worried. Looking at that snippet and the trailers?

Nice. I have started something special. lol

But seriously though is anyone else worried. Looking at that snippet and the trailers?

Not really because Bilbo, for the first part of the novel, is rather fuddy-duddy and out of his element. I'm fine with what I've seen from Freeman so far.

Watching the clip, I'm still a little un-easy about Martin Freeman casting... I'm not sure i like his interpretation of the part. He's seems "goofy"??? I hope it doesn't ruin it.

Bilbo's goofy. I think it's a great fit.

BLAZER

I haven't read the book as of yet, though i might after the movie release. So if his character development through the book changes, what you guys are saying makes sense. I'll leave my judgement until i watch it, i think. Having watched the LOTR a million times and read the books, you begin to have a love for the universe.

Edmond Dantès;44820877 said:
The love story between Bilbo and Gandalf would be quite something. :p

Oh no, I just realised the fanfiction and slash fiction for this is gonna be ridiculous.

3 hours till the actors hit the red carpet!

I thought he hadn't decided on 48 or 60 yet?

Hasn't been officially announced. But every time he's spoken about the sequels and frame rates, he's always mentioned 60fps and not 48fps. And given his propensity for upping the tech anti with every new film he makes, it makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom