• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarus

Edmond Dantès;44883292 said:
More Odeon HFR 3D locations added.

Bath
Belfast
Birmingham Broadway Plaza
Blackpool
Bournemouth ODEON
Braehead
Brighton
Cardiff
Chelmsford
Dundee (Douglas Field)
Dunfermline
Glasgow Quay
Greenwich
Guildford
Hatfield
Huddersfield
Kensington
Kettering
Kingston
Leicester Square
Lincoln
Liverpool One
Manchester Printworks
Marble Arch
Metrocentre
Norwich
Oxford Magdalen St
Silverlink
Southampton
Surrey Quays
Taunton
Trafford Centre
Tunbridge Wells
Uxbridge
Whiteleys - The Lounge
Wimbledon
Wrexham Eagles Meadow
God fucking damnit, I already booked at the Giant Screen thinking that they would not show hfr 3d here :/

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I wear glasses so 3D isn't really an option for me. So no 3D or 3D 48fps.
there is no option for me to watch it in 48fps only, where I live. So I will have to watch this in 24fps.

Great another gimmick to eventually raise ticket prices further. GF can't stand 3D, always give her headaches so automatically screws us out of a bunch of showings.

I wear glasses so 3D isn't really an option for me. So no 3D or 3D 48fps.
there is no option for me to watch it in 48fps only, where I live. So I will have to watch this in 24fps.

Before I had my eye surgery (best decision ever, btw) I wore 3D glasses over top of my glasses for several films (Avatar being the main one)

Edmond Dantès;44889047 said:
Confirmation of Glamdring glowing too.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
gJE1H.jpg

Are all the IMAX 3D showings 48 FPS?

The IMAX version showing in Pittsburgh, PA is at "Cinemark Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills and IMAX" and it only lists "IMAX 3D", "RealD 3D" and "Digital Cinema 2D". I assume the Digital Cinema 2D and RealD 2D are going to be 24 FPS versions. From the listing it also seems the IMAX 3D is going to be 24 FPS as well.

This theater is not in the list at http://www.thehobbit.com/hfr3d/ or any of the other sources I could find.

The other theater in Pittsburgh, "Cinemark Robinson Township and XD" does have a listing for "Cinemark XD High Frame Rate - RealD 3D"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Are all the IMAX 3D showings 48 FPS?

The IMAX version showing in Pittsburgh, PA is at "Cinemark Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills and IMAX" and it only lists "IMAX 3D", "RealD 3D" and "Digital Cinema 2D". I assume the Digital Cinema 2D and RealD 2D are going to be 24 FPS versions. From the listing it also seems the IMAX 3D is going to be 24 FPS as well.

This theater is not in the list at http://www.thehobbit.com/hfr3d/ or any of the other sources I could find.

The other theater in Pittsburgh, "Cinemark Robinson Township and XD" does have a listing for "Cinemark XD High Frame Rate - RealD 3D"

No, not all of them are. I got IMAX tickets at Lincoln Center for opening day, but the 48fps weren't on sale yet when I did.

Ixion

Great another gimmick to eventually raise ticket prices further. GF can't stand 3D, always give her headaches so automatically screws us out of a bunch of showings.

Silly goose. That's the whole point of the 'gimmick'. A higher frame-rate is supposed to get rid of the problems people have with 3D.

Edmond Dantès;44894547 said:
It also confirms that
Smaug (Benedict)
and
Thranduil (Lee)
are in the film.

Beorn and Dain
too.

Indeed. Although
that might be the Necromancer rather than the voice of Smaug
. I had seen one of the twitter 'reviewers' mention that
Thranduil is only in this film for a brief moment.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Indeed. Although
that might be the Necromancer rather than the voice of Smaug
. I had seen one of the twitter 'reviewers' mention that
Thranduil is only in this film for a brief moment.
That certainly makes sense, but
Beorn
is a weird one considering where the film ends. Unless we meet him with
Radagast as Beorn does sort of know him in the book.

Edmond Dantès;44894968 said:
That certainly makes sense, but
Beorn
is a weird one considering where the film ends. Unless we meet him with
Radagast as Beorn does sort of know him in the book.

That sounds likely. Should be interesting to see. :)

inky

Isn't there a tavern called the Green Dragon? Is it originally based on Smaug?

Might just be a generic green dragon.

Hex

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom