• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Quick general question: was the inscription on the ring Elvish or Black Speech?
Black Speech, but using Feanor's Tengwar.

tengwar-table.gif

JayDub

Reading this thread from the beginning is amazing. The complete timeline since production started with GAF hype/excitement/commentary/reaction along the way.

Amazing.

Edmond Dantès;46822016 said:
Someone recommended me to F1 community on GAF initially, then I found my way to Tolkien GAF and haven't left since.

Good stuff! Tolkien Gaf has been a lot more interesting with a scholar amongst our midst! :)

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
AUJ's not doing too bad in the home of Tolkien and the Legendarium.

1.) $83,862,522 - Germany
2.) $79,374,499 - United Kingdom
3.) $42,931,362 - Russia
4.) $40,371,922 - Australia
5.) $40,259,354 - France
6.) $27,894,830 - Spain
7.) $21,781,041 - Italy
8.) $21,688,449 - South Korea
9.) $21,119,132 - Sweden
10.) $18,934,546 - Mexico

Edmond Dantès;46866160 said:
AUJ's not doing too bad in the home of Tolkien and the Legendarium.

1.) $83,862,522 - Germany
2.) $79,374,499 - United Kingdom
3.) $42,931,362 - Russia
4.) $40,371,922 - Australia
5.) $40,259,354 - France
6.) $27,894,830 - Spain
7.) $21,781,041 - Italy
8.) $21,688,449 - South Korea
9.) $21,119,132 - Sweden
10.) $18,934,546 - Mexico

Movie should hit a billion worldwide once it opens up in China.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Edmond Dantès;46883237 said:
That's Beorn the Skin-changer, a being capable of shape-shifting into a bear. He would have featured in the two part Hobbit, but after the trilogy decision, he was cut from AUJ.

Part 2 promises so much! I know just enough to be excited, but not enough to go in without surprises :D

Edmond Dantès;46882668 said:
Anyone here waiting for the extended edition and skipping the various theatrical editions altogether?

Me. Tho it is possible I will submit to theatrical too if it sees a price crash before extended :p.

Ixion

Anyone here waiting for the extended edition and skipping the various theatrical editions altogether?

Considering the theatrical edition already had some unnecessary scenes, I think I'll just stick with the theatrical edition.

Krelian91

I know I am. After all, I love the EEs of the LOTR movies and cannot even imagine seeing the theatrical releases anymore.

I hope the EE will be out by july/august.

Mmm, that's a good question. From my understanding, the theatrical releases can come with some neat extras, ie, statues and stuff, whereas the EEs have all their extras in disks.

I'll definitely be getting the EE of each film, but the decision is up in the air for the theatrical versions at the moment.

I'll probably skip the theatrical editions, or at least I'll try to. I hate double dipping, even though these technically would be different.

LevityNYC

Banned
Saw the movie today for the first time. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Not sure if it was low expectations, but I really can't see what all the complaining is about.

Loxley

Edmond Dantès;46896319 said:
It's a shame none of this was included.

t78.jpg

I was really looking forward to it, the descriptions of the Dol Goldur stuff from CinemaCon and Comic-Con sounded great.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I was really looking forward to it, the descriptions of the Dol Goldur stuff from CinemaCon and Comic-Con sounded great.
I'm guessing it'll be incorporated into TDOS via a flashback or running concurrently with Bilbo and the Dwarves' continuing treck towards The Lonely Mountain.

DarkFlow

Banned
I know I'll be waiting for the EE. Might be hard to wait a year but I'll manage.

Teva

Banned
Just finished reading The Hobbit again. I forgot how amazing Tolkiens works are. I also ended up buying the Silmarilion and Children of Hurin which are gonna be the next books I read after I finish House of Leaves.After I finish those I will finally open up my Hardcover Alan lee illustrated LOTR set . This set is a BEAST and a half. Each book is like a textbook lol

001020_2.jpg

001020_5.jpg

What are your favourite versions of Tolkiens works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom