• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedesco!

Edmond Dantès;47059086 said:
Blu-ray cover confirmed

iiHkcyK2cLdNe.png

Ultraviolet pretty much means I won't be buying this. I guess I'll have to wait until iTunes has a sale or something....

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Saved for later, thanks. I always find this kind of thing interesting but I never watch any extras from films I buy. :s
The Lord of the Rings features are well worth watching. You get a real sense of the passion of the people who worked tirelessly to adapt and bring Middle-earth to the big screen.

Ryan_

Edmond Dantès;47088796 said:
The Lord of the Rings features are well worth watching. You get a real sense of the passion of the people who worked tirelessly to adapt and bring Middle-earth to the big screen.

I probably watched EE features and the bonus material as much as the movies themselves, which is quite a lot.
The one about the creation of Gollum and the one about the completion of the last movie and the Oscars it received are my favourites.

Tedesco!

Couldn't you rip the DVD copy if you want it on your devices?

No. I enjoy streaming movies directly from my Apple TV without having to have a computer on. I'll probably buy the BR used or just hold out until the Extended Editions come out and buy them used.

I really hate Ultraviolet. It is taking digital copies in the wrong direction. Hopefully it will go away in favor of universal digital downloads.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
In light of the Warcraft film progressing, what other fantasy sagas would you like to see adapted?

Personally, I'd go for the Volsunga Saga, the Laxdæla saga or something more modern like Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy and Jack Vance's Tales of the Dying Earth.

Here's hoping that The Hobbit revitalises the fantasy genre more effectively than The Lord of the Rings did.

Loxley

Edmond Dantès;47129152 said:
In light of the Warcraft film progressing, what other fantasy sagas would you like to see adapted?

Personally, I'd go for the Volsunga Saga, the Laxdæla saga or something more modern like Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy and Jack Vance's Tales of the Dying Earth.

Here's hoping that The Hobbit revitalises the fantasy genre more effectively than The Lord of the Rings did.

I would love a fantasy adventure film that embraces the more fantastical aspects of the Arthurian legend. That Clive Owen 'King Arthur' movie taught me that I didn't want a realistic take on the character. Nope. I want Merlin being a wizard, I want the Lady of the Lake, I want the sword in the stone and Excalibur, all of it.

We do have the film 'Excalibur', but I don't really care for it. Apart from the fact that everyone shouts every line of dialogue, the film just just looks so...I don't know...1980's? It's grimy as all get-out.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I would love a fantasy adventure film that embraces the more fantastical aspects of the Arthurian legend. That Clive Owen 'King Arthur' movie taught me that I didn't want a realistic take on the character. Nope. I want Merlin being a wizard, I want the Lady of the Lake, I want the sword in the stone and Excalibur, all of it.

We do have the film 'Excalibur', but I don't really care for it. Apart from the fact that everyone shouts every line of dialogue, the film just just looks so...I don't know...1980's? It's grimy as all get-out.
Indeed, it's a legend that hasn't really been done justice yet in a live action film.

e_i

Good that the Blu-ray is coming so soon. I guess this means the frame rate will be reduced down from 48fps to 30fps or below? Can it do 48fps?

Platy

Edmond Dantès;47129152 said:

If we can't have Silmarilion and the other books ... we can get the mythologies and books that were the references on creating then, I guess ....

And the christian bible.... oh what i would give for a non "religious movie" adaptation of that

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
If we can't have Silmarilion and the other books ... we can get the mythologies and books that were the references on creating then, I guess ....

And the christian bible.... oh what i would give for a non "religious movie" adaptation of that
There is an adaptation of one of the more well known stories in the Bible slated for a 2013 release; Goliath with Dwayne Johnson touted as depicting Goliath.

Loxley

Just a heads up about the Tolkien thread, it'll likely be up later in the day tomorrow (probably around 7:00 pm EST). Also, I ran into a few problems with some of the images I was intending to use. So when the thread goes up it'll be missing some images for the time being, but all of the information will be there.

Heck I'll probably be adding things to the OT for the next week, so consider it a work-in-progress when it goes up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom