• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Edmond Dantès;47538469 said:
Even Tolkien made that mistake sometimes. In fact Dwarves was wrong altogether, but Tolkien still chose that way of spelling it.

I remember reading the Annotated Hobbit for the first time and being introduced to the word "Dwarrows". I though it was amusing that Tolkien intentionally used Dwarves because, essentially, he liked it better (and it matched Elf/Elves). I suppose as a consolation prize we got "Dwarrowdelf" ;)

R-User!

LOL, you know someones going to video capture that whole thing and put it out on the net. Maybe stream it on a site live while it's happening. That's such a cash grab.

And the only extras are video blogs I can watch for free on the internet? Yea, no thanks. I'mm gonna wait for the EE.

We're waiting too! We wants better special features, precious!

Yes, yes! Better special features, precious! Yes! Gollum. Gollum!

R-User!

Woahhh~ so much info still coming! I would love to see that sneak-peek; good thing I still have a little while 'til it's released.

Also, I saw others posting some awesome fan art, so I thought I would share a few that I really love, if that's alright!

SHAGGY PONYYY~ <3

And here is the artist! I'm amazed at how well she can capture their likeness with her own style :)

Fantastic art! I love the Final Fantasy/Amanoesque aspect to these images. The wisps are awesome!

Ixion

Well, the current worldwide box office is at $955 Million, which puts it at #18 all-time.

Also, the current IMDB rating is still at 8.3/10, which puts it at the #153 best-rated film. This will still drop a bit, but it seems the rating for this will end up very high.

Well, the current worldwide box office is at $955 Million, which puts it at #18 all-time.

Also, the current IMDB rating is still at 8.3/10, which puts it at the #153 best-rated film. This will still drop a bit, but it seems the rating for this will end up very high.

I'm curious to how high the number will be after it has a few weeks in China, since it still hasn't come out there yet (this Friday the 15th, according to IMDB).

Edmond Dantès;47445691 said:
Music from The Hobbit & The Lord of The Rings

ibdKqmHBShSZN2.jpg

http://www.silvascreen.com/index.php/2013/01/10/music-from-the-hobbit-the-lord-of-the-rings/

OMG how did I miss this?! I definitely have to see what this is all about... that cover art is hella awesome.

figured this thread would be a good place to ask this question: I remember in second grade we had a substitute teacher who would play this instrumental Celtic like CD and let us all take naps. I also remember that it was associated with the Hobbit in some way. Anyone have any idea what it might be?

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White

Loxley

If I had to guess, maybe just a crew member who is directing where the boat is going and will be digitally removed in post production (hence the green).

Probably easier than building under-water tracks for the boat like a Disney ride.

Man I want that Middle-Earth theme park to be real :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What is our current view count? Currently im at 4 viewings! Loving it more each time i see it.

Loxley

What is our current view count? Currently im at 4 viewings! Loving it more each time i see it.

Three times, never got to see it in HFR 3D though. I figure by the time DOS hits theaters, many many more theaters will be able to show it.

Which is good, because I have to see Smaug on HFR 3D. You know Jackson's going to go nuts with it.

Lumiere

Neo Member
Edmond Dantès;47723377 said:
That's the steelbook cover confirmed for France and Germany thus far.
I see! Hope they actually use it for the US BluRay 3D, I'd pick it up over the regular cover if it wasn't outrageously expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom