• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Official Thread of Officially In Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

The movies were all flawed, but damn it if I didn't get emotionally connected to that world through the yearly December ritual. Just seeing those dudes together brings me back. Luckily one of the things I'm least nervous about is The Hobbit painting the world accurately, with the same creative forces behind it.

I do hope Jackson allows this story to be communicated in a more intimate fashion, though.

KingK

I met Sean Astin back in 2008. He was at my town in Indiana campaigning for Obama. I asked him to say a line from the movies and he said the "PO-TA-TOES. Boil em mash em stick em in a stew" line.

Expendable. said:
OAQbV.jpg

I can't believe it has been ten years!

Scullibundo said:
How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart...you know there is no going back?

Tears every goddamn time.

That dialogue coupled with the fantastic music in that scene.

I love Howard Shore. I really can't wait until The Hobbit's soundtrack.

Carcetti

I love the Hobbits reunion idea.

I've always loved these movies for several other reasons than just the moving pictures on the screen.

When they came out, we went to see them together as a group always with friends and loved ones. We'd queue for hours for the 'pre-order' tickets even in the winter, and would always have fun sitting outside the theater.

All three movies had this 'labor of love' quality which made it seem that everyone enjoyed making them so much, and all the stories about cast camaraderie and the group spirit sounded so uplifting. I don't think any other movies experience will ever have that same effect on me ever again.

Peru said:
The movies were all flawed, but damn it if I didn't get emotionally connected to that world through the yearly December ritual. Just seeing those dudes together brings me back. Luckily one of the things I'm least nervous about is The Hobbit painting the world accurately, with the same creative forces behind it.

I do hope Jackson allows this story to be communicated in a more intimate fashion, though.

They are flawed (as are all movies) but they're still basically my favourite movies of all time. I get chills every time i sit down to rewatch the triolgy (and every time i feel compelled to watch all 3 which is why i only do it a few times a year lol).

The characters, the setting, the dialogue, the visuals the music hell even just watching the behind the scenes stuff is great. I doubt i will ever enjoy any movie as much as i did with these.

The reunion brings back all sorts of memories and i can't wait for the hobbit.

Raistlin

Expendable. said:
About a year from now do you think enough theaters will be able to handle 48FPS? Is it a difficult process to switch over to?
Digital projectors were designed to support 48Hz, so it's not an issue.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Glad Kiran Shah's back. But enough of Hobbiton, I want to see Dol Guldor in all it's glory and all of Sauron's minions that weren't featured in the LOTR trilogy.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Interview with Luke Evans.
Luke Evans is having an epic moment: He plays Aramis in 'The Three Musketeers,' Zeus in the upcoming 'Immortals,' and he's also been cast in a strategic role in Peter Jackson's 'Hobbit' films as Bard the Bowman, a heroic human who comes to Bilbo Baggins' aid. Evans talked to Moviefone about 'Immortals' (look for our interview with him about playing the youngest version of the Greek God closer to the movie's release on Nov. 11) and how much he's enjoying shooting the "longest job of his life" in New Zealand.

Your character, Bard the Bowman, has a very pivotal role. That's a big moment there at the end of the story.

There's an epic moment there, yeah.

Have you been practicing your archery skills?

Yes, I was trained for three weeks in New Zealand with a stunt coordinator, learning my new weapon. I've gone from swords in 'Musketeers' and a bow -- a long bow at that -- for 'The Hobbit,' so it's been a really interesting education, because there's very different ways of using a bow and arrow, so I've learned lots of them to make it look realistic.

When do you go back to work on it?

I go back in three weeks for my second block. Taking a little break to open 'Musketeers' and 'Immortals' and talk to you lovely people.

The actors who made 'The Lord of the Rings' films had this amazing camaraderie, are you experiencing that on 'The Hobbit?'

Yes, I am. It's interesting because the boys -- and when I say the boys, I mean the dwarves -- have been there since February, so they already had their team set up. But there's a lovely energy when you go to Wellington and you meet the whole team, including Fran [Walsh] and Philippa [Boyens] and the whole crew. Everybody. It's a Kiwi quality which I absolutely love and they immediately embrace you and you're part of the family. It just sort of transcends all the way through the layers [of the production], from the runners up to the top. Everybody's there loving the fact they're doing something incredibly special and I feel very honored to be in this family. I feel part of it now and I miss them very much and I can't wait to go back, to be honest.

How much longer do you have to film your part?

I'm there until the middle of next year. It's the longest job of my life.

We can't wait to see it.

Neither can I.
http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/10/31/luke-evans-hobbit-interview/

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Via Peter Jacksons Facebook page : "Hi, everyone. Thought you might like to know that a new video from the set of THE HOBBIT will be landing here soon!" So hopefully it pops up tonight

kharma45

Red_Man said:
Via Peter Jacksons Facebook page : "Hi, everyone. Thought you might like to know that a new video from the set of THE HOBBIT will be landing here soon!" So hopefully it pops up tonight

Excellent :D Been wondering why they hadn't stuck one out for a while, glad to see one coming.

Kud Dukan

Red_Man said:

Please be tonight, please be tonight...

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
i love how PJ is steadily gaining weight again. we can be rest assured that this film will be good.

Loxley

Ahhh so that's why all the Dwarf faces are so red, to balance out the effect the 3D cameras have on flesh-tones (and I guess the filters that the final films will have).

Either way, great video. Glad they decided to dedicate one on talking about the 3D since I know it's something that a lot of people are still unsure of. But if they're taking it so seriously to the point that even the concept art is being done in 3D, I'm not going to worry.

And 5k resolution? Jesus. These are going to be two insanely beautiful movies.

Loxley said:
And 5k resolution? Jesus. These are going to be two insanely beautiful movies.

It also means that they'll be ready for 4K resolution TV's and won't need to do much work to bring out MASSIVEHD versions. :)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Movie of the goddamn forever. I'm more excited for this then batman or the new bond, and that's saying a lot for me. Everything has perfectly fell into place for this finally, including Jacksons gut....joking
not really

This latest production diary has sold me on seeing it in 3D. I am going to have to go on meds in the months leading up to this movie, I'm that excited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom