• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Starfield is massive, and growing.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Its bethesda, of course it has fuck all on it

wXhFE.gif

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
You can see xbox fans are nervous that this could end to be a disaster with technical issues. It's pretty funny how a game that MS has purchased and cancelled for the PS5 is coming earlier then their own announced games from pre-2019.

It's shows that Xbox wasn't prepared to release a new console with content in 2020. But Hype? sure their is hype but it's not the hype Spiderman 2 generates with a single youtube clip or even Insta clips. Or Balders Gate 3. I don't know what Microsoft is doing, but they are market the game in the wrong way.

Starfield already should've had a big marketing push from Microsoft.

ulantan

Not hype but pressure disguised as hype. A lot of people and Microsoft need this game to be the game of the generation. It's not enough for it it to be good, it will make xbox as brand look terrible especially this year when every game that comes out has stolen the game of the year conversation. So of course the xbox regulars on Twitter are hyping it up they need it to be the second coming of Christ, or else Microsofts aquisition strategy will come under greater question from consumers.

Better not be trash.

Guilty_AI

Well all of those games have released and people interested in knowing more about the game or googling to get help with a certain quest or item or whatnot are going to show up there.

Here's a more representative sample. This is a 1-week span ~2 weeks before launch of Baldur's Gate 3 (as an example), the same point in time we are with Starfield's launch:

zHrNxAU.png

There were more people Googling "Starfield" than there were people Googling "Baldur's Gate 3" 2 weeks before launch of BG3.
You forgot to change to global. Your pic only represents the US.

9tnh2Ds.png

Killjoy-NL

It's probably going to be an amazing game and Xbox fans deserve it after all these years of mediocrity, but honestly, outside of Neogaf, I barely see anything about it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Game is going to be bigger than BG3. Bookmark this.

I don't know about that. From the podcasts I listen to it sounds like BG3 is huuuuuge on social media.

I don't think starfield will have that reach. Unless its bugs. Launching people into space or something. Fuck knows what Social media latches onto. Fucking bears or whatever.

I'm kind of excited for the game, I want it to be good, just have a nagging feeling of concern. I'm ready for a new Bethesda open world game, but Fallout 4 didn't do it for me and I really just want Elder Scrolls VI. But I'm open to this being really good, but space isn't normally my thing. I've already ordered this on Steam. No idea how well it will actually do.

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
I haven't seen any hype.

I think I'm whelmed. After fallout 4 I'm in a wait and see approach. They burned me so much with that release and coupled with mass effect Andromeda I think I have ptsd over game premises that sounds up my alley.

MMaRsu

You can see xbox fans are nervous that this could end to be a disaster with technical issues.

Lmao sure bud, when Todd said it runs at 1440p on Series S, that means that theres not a huge disaster as then it would be 1080p.

So tales from your ass basically

MMaRsu

mass effect Andromeda I think I have ptsd over game premises that sounds up my alley.

Lmao noone was excited for Mass Effect Andromeda, it was always gonna be a piece of shit after the boring dragon age inquisition

Bioware hasnt made a good game in years

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Lmao sure bud, when Todd said it runs at 1440p on Series S, that means that theres not a huge disaster as then it would be 1080p.

So tales from your ass basically

If this game will have some technicall issues on the PC, it already could be a disaster for this game. The pressure is high but you must not have noticed it.

All the laughing emotes kind of give it away. And fyi, i have pre-ordered the Constellation Edition for PC (steam), but i'm still a bit sceptical about things I've seen. Like a lot of people already said here, it's more xbox fans (and fanboys) on social media hyping it up but there isn't much marketing push atm from MS and we are just 2 weeks away.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
Lmao noone was excited for Mass Effect Andromeda, it was always gonna be a piece of shit after the boring dragon age inquisition

Bioware hasnt made a good game in years
That's just not true. After it came out and everyone saw it was a turd, yes the reaction changed.

Regginator

Not gonna lie, I have heard very little hype surrounding Starfield, both in real-life with friends and family as well as in my internet bubble. But that's probably because I don't have an Xbox, and neither does my direct environment. I love Bethesda games, and I wish them the best of luck. But after being acquired by Microsoft, I sometimes genuinely forget they exist. Seems like the holy algorithm is doing its job. 🤷‍♂️

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
You mean like how certain people went out of their way to attack Final Fantasy XVI here for the same reason?

I don't know if that's happened, I'm not a fan so haven't paid attention. But, if I must comment on all bad faith posting by people who are giving their opinion of how well a game will/does play based on not how the game will/does play but on it being exclusive to what they consider a "rival" console, then my verdict is that those posts are all stupid and should be shunned, not celebrated.

Come Together Peace And Love GIF by INTO ACTION

Last edited:

MMaRsu

That's just not true. After it came out and everyone saw it was a turd, yes the reaction changed.
As a huge ME1 and 2 fan, ME3 was already going in a worse direction, and Dragon Age Inquisition was so boring and devoid of any interesting characters, that I had zero faith in Bioware at that point.

I’m not seeing the hype honestly especially from Microsoft. I think some XBOX gamers will check it out on Gamepass out of curiosity because they might recognize the name, but I guess you never know. I’m expecting the game to be really good which is why I wonder why Microsoft isn’t shouting about this game from the highest mountain tops.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

If this game will have some technicall issues on the PC, it already could be a disaster for this game. The pressure is high but you must not have noticed it.

All the laughing emotes kind of give it away. And fyi, i have pre-ordered the Constellation Edition for PC (steam), but i'm still a bit sceptical about things I've seen. Like a lot of people already said here, it's more xbox fans (and fanboys) on social media hyping it up but there isn't much marketing push atm from MS and we are just 2 weeks away.
Bg3 is filled with bugs and technical issues, there are patches on the way that fix 1000+ issues. Its also one of the highest rated games right now.

Also, bsg have traditionally never had a huge marketing push as in multiple videos trailers etc before launch.

You can bet we will get a official launch trailer and perhaps an accolades trailer after reviews have dropped but that will be it.

Ms will be doing marketing on YT and other places, but probably starting a week from launch.

This dumb concern trolling has got to stop.

I’m not seeing the hype honestly especially from Microsoft. I think some XBOX gamers will check it out on Gamepass out of curiosity because they might recognize the name, but I guess you never know. I’m expecting the game to be really good which is why I wonder why Microsoft isn’t shouting about this game from the highest mountain tops.

The game comes out in three weeks (official launch). The marketing will start a week from launch at least.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Starfield could turn out to be the next Cyberpunk for all we know. We should wait for reviews.
😂😂😂

Yeah we shouldnt expect a studio that focusses on exactly the type of game their making, to be good at making those types of games.

Skyrim was a turd after all

Ask the xbox fans not me. The fact that twitter is full of fans hyping instead of MS itself, shows it a bit that people are nervous.
Come on, so what! Why does this bother some of you guys so much?

Some of you guys focus so much of your attention and time on this shit, that it starts to make some of you guys look a little unstable in the brain department?

Relax, go pick up a Series S and enjoy the game.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Starfield hype ever since MS bought them is funny.

Like Elden Ring didn’t release last year or something.

And RDR2 really? Already going there?

Marathon had more views in its debut trailer than Starfield.

But sure, it’s the most hyped game ever, by some people.

kaizenkko

In Twitter, Reddit and game media overall I just see people talking about Baldurs Gate 3. I don't understand why Microsoft it's not pushing a aggressive marketing campaign for Starfield.

Shut0wen

Banned
Am I hyped? Yes!
Was I just hyped for Cyberpunk & Fallout 4? Also yes... and we all know how they turned out at launch
I thought fallout 4 was quite polished compared to skyrim and fo3
It has 1000 planets, 10% means you have 100 planets with habitats to explore.
So out of 10 planets in a solar system only 1 is habitable, theres also loading times to each planet, sounds amazing

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I don't know about that. From the podcasts I listen to it sounds like BG3 is huuuuuge on social media.

I don't think starfield will have that reach. Unless its bugs. Launching people into space or something. Fuck knows what Social media latches onto. Fucking bears or whatever.
I disagree. Starfield is going to be huge on PC just like BG3. With the addition of Xbox and Game Pass, and arguably a more mainstream appeal, I think this game is going to blow up.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is it because you made a threat about it? I'm seeing hype but massive? And it's not just because you're on this community and whatever you want to think about it. I do my own research and have my own pulse I just don't make a threat about it. I can tell you that the hype regarding this game feels less than the hype I saw for baldur's gate 3 so I'm not just isolating some console exclusive as it's a multiplatform game. Take of that what you will. And good looking life, make wise decisions.

Guilty_AI

I disagree. Starfield is going to be huge on PC just like BG3. With the addition of Xbox and Game Pass, and arguably a more mainstream appeal, I think this game is going to blow up.
The issue is why it hasn't already. Its a space rpg made by Bethesda that was being hyped even before it was properly announced. This shouldn't be a sleeping hit people were overlooking until release like BG3 or The Witcher 3

Sybrix

I have no doubts about the content of this game, it is a Bethesda game, it's going to have everything and more that you would expect from Bethesda.

However, being a Bethesda game means it will be horribly buggy.

I really hope it's not unplayable on PC at launch but im expecting it to be completely fucked at launch.

Top Bottom