• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Dexa said:
Arcadia July issue Top 10
1. Gundam vs. Gundam Xtreme Versus
2. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
3. Blazblue Continuum Shift II
4. Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion
5. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
6. King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
7. Arcana Heart 3
8. Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
9. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
10. King of Fighters XIII

not so good :eek:

It's in the top 10. That counts for something, right? :D

kokujin

Banned
Dexa said:
Arcadia July issue Top 10
1. Gundam vs. Gundam Xtreme Versus
2. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
3. Blazblue Continuum Shift II
4. Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion
5. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
6. King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
7. Arcana Heart 3
8. Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
9. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
10. King of Fighters XIII

not so good :eek:

Alright VF5:FS, and am I reading it correctly?, it says 3rd Strike in 9th.Japan's still playing some bad fighting games though(SFIV/T6/MB/AH).

V_Arnold

kokujin said:
Alright VF5:FS, and am I reading it correctly?, it says 3rd Strike in 9th.Japan's still playing some bad fighting games though(SFIV/T6/MB/AH).

Those are not bad games, but hell, I am not hoping to get a good argument out of this comment.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Balla's King was worth the wait tonight. He had such a deep grasp of her tools / using them properly in a KoF, it was great. He wasn't afraid to use that meter, to get results, too. I think he just showed the best example of how to use properly that I've seen, since the game came out so many months ago.

Mr. KoF and Reynald both looked pretty off tonight... drops everywhere! Think Dark Geese spiked their drinks, to help prove Mexi-KoF superiority?!? ;)

And seeing DarK'z trailer used on stream was fantastic. Great way to Hype! Gotta love the community for this series!

kokujin

Banned
V_Arnold said:
Those are not bad games, but hell, I am not hoping to get a good argument out of this comment.
You're right only SFIV and T6 are truly bad, the other games are more or less doujin games, so I don't expect much out of them.People still shouldn't be playing them instead of real fighting games.

kokujin said:
You're right only SFIV and T6 are truly bad, the other games are more or less doujin games, so I don't expect much out of them.People still shouldn't be playing them instead of real fighting games.

In top 10 there only 2 doujin games.
KOFXIII looks great but from i see it need a patch to make it even better.
Still 2002um kicking ass is always great ,don't think any KOF going to over take it unless it got most of the old cast back.

kokujin

Banned
gundamkyoukai said:
In top 10 there only 2 doujin games.
KOFXIII looks great but from i see it need a patch to make it even better.
Still 2002um kicking ass is always great ,don't think any KOF going to over take it unless it got most of the old cast back.
And both are sadly ahead of KoFXIII.I think you're right about the cast though, I have a feeling the next game will be a dream match, if we get one.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
The Take Out Bandit said:
As much as I want Yamazaki back, I would love future KoF games to incorporate Mark of the Wolves characters like B.Jenet and Tizoc.

If Yamazaki was killed off for B.Jenet and Tizoc I would be okay with that.

kokujin

Banned
As much as I want Yamazaki back, I would love future KoF games to incorporate Mark of the Wolves characters like B.Jenet and Tizoc.

I second this, can you imagine a HD B.Jenet sprite.

Showmeyamoves said:

Why?

Why kill a character?

Stories in fighting games are stupid and an after thought.

Just keep adding characters.

I don't give a damn about stupid stories. I just want cool characters, with cool moves, being cool, and fighting other cool characters.

Fighting game stories are the enemy of cool and cool rosters.

kokujin said:
I second this, can you imagine a HD B.Jenet sprite.

Dat pleasure chest! :q

kokujin

Banned
Why?

Why kill a character?

I don't give a damn about stupid stories. I just want cool characters, with cool moves, being cool, and fighting other cool characters.

Dat pleasure chest! :q

Just wait the next KoF will be another dream match and everyone will be back, even The American Sports Team.

kokujin

Banned
General Shank-a-snatch said:
Why would it be a Dream Match? They don't have a library of old and forgotten redone sprites to use again. They might as well move on with the story and keep adding characters.
They usually have a dream match after they complete a saga.I think the KoF universe has plenty of characters it's hard enough as it is to have them feel unique , adding more would be even harder.I am fine with them redrawing old characters and adjusting there moves sets for the new game.

kokujin said:
Just wait the next KoF will be another dream match and everyone will be back, even The American Sports Team.
Well, KoF XII was a "Dream Match" (though not a very good one), so I actually hope we don't get another one for a while. (But I'm one of the weird people that like fighting game stories, no matter how bizarre of nonsensical.)

They should just work the American Sports Team back into the story. Can't they just keep their invitation for once? I need HD Brian Battler!

V_Arnold

kokujin said:

Quite the opposite: SSFIV AE is awesome, as is T6 :) But who am I to judge, as I put 1200+ hours into SFIV+SSFIV combined.

Sectus

Why?

Why kill a character?

This is the smartest thing I've ever read. Please visit Namco and state this repeatedly in their face until they stop removing half of the roster in SC5 for the sake of "story".

kokujin

Banned
V_Arnold said:
Quite the opposite: SSFIV AE is awesome, as is T6 :) But who am I to judge, as I put 1200+ hours into SFIV+SSFIV combined.

I've always looked down on Tekken because I play VF, but SFIV is no where as good as SF3, but that's me.

Tizoc

>_> <_< Someone call my name?

@fersis, re-goldfish: I'll only accept a goldfish in the translation if it's done in a smart way and the usual blind idiot translation we've been getting from SNK.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
At ReveLAtions the Dreamcancel folks confirmed that KOFXIII will be present at EVO with a side tourney. Neat-O.

Fersis said:
At ReveLAtions the Dreamcancel folks confirmed that KOFXIII will be present at EVO with a side tourney. Neat-O.
I wonder if it'll make the stream. I suppose that's a possibility if there are multiple streams going.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Great exposure, but now Atlus/SNKP are under bigger pressure.
I hope Atlus gives some prizes or something after all EVO is the best exposure you can get.

Tizoc

Great exposure, but now Atlus/SNKP are under bigger pressure.
How so?
How will KoF XIII be played at EVO though? Will they be using 2 arcade cabinets or something?

Fersis

Duckroll said that theres no need for another Hype Thread.

Wish list time!!!
  • Please remove the 'Guard Gauge' text.
  • No filter option please!!! I want my pixels pixelated!
  • Online training mode.
  • Good netcode.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wishlist:

1. Good netcode.
2. Good netcode.
3. Good netcode.
4. A good lobby system.
5. Netcode that is good.
6. Non-shitty lag-filled unplayable netcode..
7. Seriously, a good lobby system.
8. Definitely good netcode.
9. Hmm...good netcode? Yup, good netcode!

And I almost forgot--

10. GOOD NETCODE.

Tizoc said:

I'd love to be proven wrong on this, but the skeptic in me sees it like this and I am judging this by past actions of both companies: if the game gets significant popularity, SNKP and Atlus will cash in with nonsense and more expensive DLC. But hey, if they don't mess around and deliver the game as a complete package and don't even dare offer things again that we used to get for free as day 1 DLC, I will be glad to praise both Atlus and SNKP for a job well done.

I'm not even asking for anime cutscenes or an English dub. Just don't dick us over is all I'm asking. It's been a very painful wait and they should think hard if they want to insult the fans (the few that are left) once more after the tragedy that was XII by offering completely stupid and questionable content for sale.

Now, if SNKP is gonna continue making games after the console release and will pump out characters as a paid expension pack (like Capcom does with SSFIVAE) like 6-12 months down the line, then I am all for it. That's what DLC should be.

I don't feel like arguing about it (I can be pretty fierce and I don't want to ruin the hype just by arguing about a theory of mine) and you guys can accept and buy what you want, I will not attack you for your money spending habits, but time will tell.

Souther

Banned

Showmeyamoves said:

Are you fucking kidding me!? B. Jenet! Yamazaki killed off for her. She's a decent character but she is no where near as cool as Yamazaki and not even close gameplay wise.

You also mentioned Tizoc and I think he is a decent character too. But If SNK took a poll saying that fans had a choice of having either A. Tizoc & B Jenet in KOFXIII or B. They will add Yamazaki. Yamazaki easily wins this.

Tizoc

My wishlist-
  • Good netcode
  • Proper translation of the game
  • DLC characters and stages

Fersis said:
Duckroll said that theres no need for another Hype Thread.

Wish list time!!!
  • Please remove the 'Guard Gauge' text.
  • No filter option please!!! I want my pixels pixelated!
  • Online training mode.
  • Good netcode.
I don't want them pixelated, so keep an option for filtering and if the plyer doesn't like it they can turn it to off.

Oh my god, are you talking to me about fighting game story bullsh*t? Why are you talking to me about fighting game story bullsh*t?

Somebody shut that guy up.

I've explained my stance on it. If you can't read, not my problem.

Fersis

Oh my god, are you talking to me about fighting game story bullsh*t? Why are you talking to me about fighting game story bullsh*t?

Somebody shut that guy up.

I've explained my stance on it. If you can't read, not my problem.
I enjoy KOF (Orochi Saga) story, i consider KOF one of the most 'story heavy' fighters out there and usually the new characters are part of the script.
The story is just like a neat bonus.

That said killing off Yashiro,Chris and Shermie was a really dumb move.

LowParry

kokujin said:
Well, Tekken is an inferior fighting game series.3D fighting games require a level of depth that warrants the game being 3D in the first place and VF is the only series doing that.

Ehhhh, I dunno about that.

Wishlist!

-Good netcode.

That's all that matters. The rest is already great. DLC is just an added bonus.

dezertg

Neo Member
About a wishlist, obviously netcode & better single player are the big ones. Let's pretend for a moment that this happens. Then I have to add another wish: I hope more people buy this game!!

In pre-online-multiplayer times, if a game was great, but underrated, it didn't make your experience of the game any less good. Now, even if a game is great, you won't be having much fun online unless there's a good community of people playing it regularly. So let's hope it's a great game, and let's hope the community sees that.

Top Bottom