• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Dali said:
He said level-specific so to me it sounds more like something akin to MK's acid pit or "The Pit" - a move everyone can do and that will look the same for eveyone, but can only be performed in the appropriate level. Or maybe it's just a more showy and amazing version of background break animations that go back as far as SF2 (damage to stuff in the background like the statues in dictator's level).

True that it says area, but I think its referring to something else not the Stage. Dunno, we might need to wait to see what SNK will reveal in the next loke test.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Someone in SRK posted something interesting, maybe each character will have a special attack that will enable them to inflict or change their gameplay a bit.

If you don't know what can it look like, then imagine BlazBlue Drive Button, basically that is what I imagined. I think it should work, but only if the moves take Super out of your bar and aren't that freely used as in BB.

tzare

i'd love to see again a supermove just like the old days. that special one for ryo/robert in AOF or those found in FF2. Then those movements were (for the most part) , secret, difficult to execute, and could change the combat drastically. Nowadays they have evolved on some kind of 'automatic 30 hit combo ' movement:D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:
Thank you Varion !!!!

Don think FEEEEL IT !!!!
Damn, XIII is shaping up to be epic.
I guess that the secret mechanism is somekind of KOF02 HDSM.
GET HYPE !

I hope it's either HSDM or SamSho5 Special style fatalities. Anything else would scare me a bit.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Info by Reno from VersusCity:

According to my sources, it will be released sometime in July, published by Konami, of all companies.

The complete package will be available in the middle of July, with the Type X2 ROM being available at the end of August.

That is all, heh.

Konami publishing an SNK game? This is just odd as hell.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
-DarKaoZ- said:
Info by Reno from VersusCity:

Konami publishing an SNK game? This is just odd as hell.
Konami is a huge publisher on Asia.
Specially on pachislot games and stuff like that. (Which gives me an idea of why Konami and SNKPlaymore do business together).

I think that the company i work for has some kind of deal with Konami.. hmmhmh gonna see if i can get some email or something to ask about it. :·D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CcrooK said:
July. Hrm. Guess we will see a 2011 console release after all.
You mean October or something like that?
Two copies please!

Fersis

CcrooK said:
Naw. Don't rush it. Let the game flow through arcades for 6 months.
For some reason i read 2010 on your post. :lol
But yeah, gonna see if i can get in touch with someone from Konami.

CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOO!!!!!

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
Konami is a huge publisher on Asia.
Specially on pachislot games and stuff like that. (Which gives me an idea of why Konami and SNKPlaymore do business together).

I think that the company i work for has some kind of deal with Konami.. hmmhmh gonna see if i can get some email or something to ask about it. :·D

Not only Konami does Pachislots, they also do Vega Style Slot Machine games, my brother in law has Slot Machines here at my town and he does have some Konami slot machines and that kinda got me off guard. :lol

Swittcher said:
Konami publishing?

Finally, Rival Schools vs King of Fighters!!

WTF are you smoking dude? :lol

Fersis

-DarKaoZ- said:
Not only Konami does Pachislots, they also do Vega Style Slot Machine games, my brother in law has Slot Machines here at my town and he does have some Konami slot machines and that kinda got me off guard. :lol

WTF are you smoking dude? :lol
In fact Konami started in the gambling industry then moved to video games.
Yeah, i went to some expos and Konami was there. We even work with some Konami stuff.
I have to ask my boss if he knows someones at Konami Latin America, maybe he can get some info :D

Mixing Capcom and Konami is an old old old joke.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Provided by Evil_Yagami from Cyberfanatix:

http://am-net.xtr.jp/game/profile.cgi?_v=1269566224
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII"
Modified 04/05 18:09:59
Video Game Genre
Manufactured by SNK Playmore / Konami Digital Entertainment
Use Type X2 board
Homepage [Web]
Complete 2010 Release date: mid-7 ROM: Late August
Order Deadline May 20
Price (unit) \ 298,000 (U.S.)
Price (modification kit) \ 198,000 (U.S.)
Catalog
Notes published 2010/3/25 [Web]
Location Test in Akihabara - 28 Hey 2010/3/26

※ Location Test Information Bulletin here
Installation shop

※ Installation Information Bulletin shop here
Dimension

Also a video of Ash/Leona/Athena VS King/Yuri/Mai
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm10294035

Fersis

So there's time to another loke test.
Oh and this confirms Konami as publisher. (At least of the Arcade version)

Edgeward

Do they have a set time table of when the reveals of the new characters are rolled out or are we just to wait by bated breath?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Edgeward said:
Do they have a set time table of when the reveals of the new characters are rolled out or are we just to wait by bated breath?

There will be info every Thrusday it the official site, maybe then they will reveal a loke test, but before that they might reveal the rest of the cast if not only 3. IIRC usually they reveal characters first and then do loke test.

Fersis

Edgeward said:
I like that.

(Though we already know that the K' Team is the missing team)

Edgeward

Yes, but I don't definitively know who is is the K' team. Look, SNK just end my tension and tell me Kula is in this. My hype kettle isn't boiling hot yet until I know it so.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Edgeward said:
Yes, but I don't definitively know who is is the K' team. Look, SNK just end my tension and tell me Kula is in this. My hype kettle isn't boiling hot yet until I know it so.

An above post semi-confirmed overpowered loli is in the game. Hopefully she's balanced this time, and has a new look. I like Kula as a character, I just hate how she plays- especially in XI.

MrMephistoX

Hype levels rising...day one purchase for sure. Here's hoping Athena gets her KOF 2002 uniform and Whip makes the cut. To tide me over though I'm considering snagging KOFXII from Gamefly but am curious as to which console has the more active community?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
MrMephistoX said:
Hype levels rising...day one purchase for sure. Here's hoping Athena gets her KOF 2002 uniform and Whip makes the cut. To tide me over though I'm considering snagging KOFXII from Gamefly but am curious as to which console has the more active community?

Been confirmed this is the first KOF where Athena stays in the same outfit.

Whip has a slim shot of making it- but with Kula 99% confirmed mostly like K'/Maxima/Kula instead. Also Whip's one of the hardest chars to animate.

ReXXXSoprano said:

Makes it look like corner crossup is still in KOF.

tzare

BTW, someone who is related to a famous SNK fan site posted in a spanish forum that SNK is recruiting artists for an upcoming hit :D

If true i'd love it to be RealBout, but i gues it is going to be MetalSLug

Fersis

Offtopic but SNKP announced KOF 2002UM Tougeki Edition for PS2.
Release date: June 24
(The port of 02UM Arcade, the same version to be released on XBLA)

Website

Please Teknopathetic and Hitokage dont ban me but:
Dear SNKP, release 98UM,02UM,XI,Garou on PSN!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Finaika said:
Haha, that's actually me playing as King, Yuri & Mai! :D

As you can see, I'm not that good at KOF :(

did King have her fwd+B in this? Is Trap Shot safe?

Will try to give some gameplay advice, as I've used all thsoe chars in tournies. This advice may or may not be relevant due to changes.

If so, on corner knockdowns maybe a mixup of grabs, blocking, low B into trap shot or venom strike, and fwd+B can be used. Use crouch C for air defense (if it's still good)

Don't spam Surprise Rose. Spamming supers is as bad in KOF as spamming ultras in SF4.

Athena blocked C arrow was free combo in close, use close D to start?

If you can run under under a jump, low B, low A link (usually easy for msot chars) into a special is a good idea. Takes experience to know when to do it.

vs Ash's big bubble, best counter is to jump it with Mai, then try to dive at his feet. Counterable and punishable if predictable, but blocking it leads to a riskier mixup. You couldn't have punished him for doing it with HCF+K since you had thrown a fireball (he used it right)

If the netcode is like 98UM on XBL, and PSN on top of it, you may not wish for the game Fersis. ^_^ My bet is eventually either XIII replaces 98/02 and this is moot, or PC folks hack the aracde hardware and put GGPO in about 2-3 years.

Fersis

Mad props to Mr. Lip Buster from the Ignition Entertainment forums:
(Taken from the KOFXIII Intro trailer)
hwajai.jpg

kdash.jpg

whiporkula.jpg

Fersis said:
Offtopic but SNKP announced KOF 2002UM Tougeki Edition for PS2.
Release date: June 24
(The port of 02UM Arcade, the same version to be released on XBLA)

Website

Please Teknopathetic and Hitokage dont ban me but:
Dear SNKP, release 98UM,02UM,XI,Garou on PSN!

Up to now i have no idea why they won't put them on psn.
I don't even need online play since i have so many friends that play 98um and 02um.

Fersis

arstal said:
Question is last one- Whip or Kula? I think it's Kula, I'd rather have Whip then overpowered loli.
DONT THINK FEEEEEL IT!!! :D

gundamkyoukai said:
Up to now i have no idea why they won't put them on psn.
I don't even need online play since i have so many friends that play 98um and 02um.
yeah it's strange
maybe there is some crazy rule it can't be on PSN if it's on PS2? Or maybe MS has current-gen exclusivity rights.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
arstal said:
Question is last one- Whip or Kula? I think it's Kula, I'd rather have Whip then overpowered loli.

I think I'd rather have Whip. Kula never really appealed to me. They'd probably give her moe face anyway, and we have enough of that.

Fersis

_dementia said:
yeah it's strange
maybe there is some crazy rule it can't be on PSN if it's on PS2?
Or maybe MS has current-gen exclusivity rights.
Nope, there isnt such rule.
MS has a 6 month exclusivity deal. (Dont know if SNKP is going to release the games on PSN)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GuardianE said:
I think I'd rather have Whip. Kula never really appealed to me. They'd probably give her moe face anyway, and we have enough of that.

Whip does the moe thing also. SNK is alll about the moeblobs this day. Surprised they haven't dressed Kula up like something out of K-ON.

Whip would be harder to animate, and is much less popular. K'/Whip/Kula is a possibility- but I'd rage over no Maxima.

I hope FFWA makes it over to US PSN, if that has netplay. I know it's on Japan PSN, and FF is so underappreciated.

ToD_

I'm at work at the moment, and won't be able to watch the trailer until I get home. Is there anything new in the trailer? Any new/returning characters? (K'?)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
ToD_ said:
I'm at work at the moment, and won't be able to watch the trailer until I get home. Is there anything new in the trailer? Any new/returning characters? (K'?)

K' is now confirmed 100%

Also some indications Rose might be a boss character.

I'd love to see a playable Adel/Rose as solos along with ash, with a special team ending.

ToD_

arstal said:
K' is now confirmed 100%

Also some indications Rose might be a boss character.

I'd love to see a playable Adel/Rose as solos along with ash, with a special team ending.

That's good news. Always nice to have confirmation :)

I wouldn't mind whip, always thought she was an interesting character. But I highly doubt she'll make it in.

Oh I think that's definetly Whip. My question is who's the dude on top? He looks super angry and with sharp teeth? Maybe Maxima got a redesign?

Top Bottom