• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

vgachi57

the other question is how much will the home console version be. if it's full retail $59.99 in the US, that might turn off a lot of fans who got burned by XII and don't want to chance it. wonder if snkp/ignition will follow the ssf4 model and sell for $39.99.

ShinAmano

Augemitbutter said:
i don't think they could get away with $59.99 this time. their fans will buy it, others will wait for pricecuts.
I am on the edge here...but yeah at $59.99 I will be waiting...the burn of 12 still hurts.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I bet they go $60 anyways. It might really hurt them in the end. If they go cheaper they'd probably delay it here (I'd probably end up importing in that case)

tzare

Swittcher said:
In a world where Super Street Fighter IV is 39.99...

except in Spain, here we pay 49,99 leuros XD

edit: oh it seems it was some mistake in pricing XD it is as everywhere else

Ploid 3.0

LegatoB said:
This is going to be a very lonely thread for you.

This looks awesome, you underestimated.

This game is looking more awesome than ssf4 to me right now, but I don't know how good the online will be (not hard to top sf4's). Hyped, glad they made the characters smaller, and added in important characters. The last one not having Mai and more was pretty bad.

I was wondering why people had avatars of King, Mai and such. Awesomness.

jr4my8.jpg

"Come on bay-bee" I wonder how the voices will be. I liked the english, I even play sf4 with all english.

tzare

Fersis said:
Except in Argentina,here we pay 80 dollars

is that because PS3 is not sold officially?

Can't you import? i will probably buy it in canada (VG+) because it will probably be released in the US months before here in Europe, and it will cost me 40€ or so, as Euro is still holding well against dollar

tzare said:
is that because PS3 is not sold officially?

Can't you import? i will probably buy it in canada (VG+) because it will probably be released in the US months before here in Europe, and it will cost me 40€ or so, as Euro is still holding well against dollar

You want to watch out for the Canadian $ though. That's been rising a great deal recently, well against the £ at any rate. Not sure about the €.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
FINALLY! BUSTER WOLF! It's gorgeous!! The circle wave from Terry's fist breaking the "awesome" barrier, the trail of energy left in his wake as he flashes forward, the big energy spark as he connect, and then the Wolf-like forward arching claw of energy as he just lets his power beast forward... Like an amped up verison of the Mark of the Wolves version, SOOOOOO much better than the crappy under animated CVS2 version!

We also get to see Yuri land her Ranbu super for the first time in all these videos, and it's great to see Robert still has the Coat adjustment when doing his Ranbu.

Shen's fully charged punch still crumples like KoF XII's Charge CD stun. With Charge CD apparently being gone, this could make that kinda crumple mid-battle a unique attribute to him.

Robert did a nice "anti air hit" -enemy falls away- "fireball juggle" combo, that's very KoF XII like. I liked this element of XII though, so I'm glad to see it. The Idea of AntiAir counter hits leading to such juggles really sends home the idea that jumping in KoF is much different than in Street Fighter.

I just played EX Yuri the other day in 98UM... makes me think I'll rather enjoy XIII's Yuri. She used to be a decent play for me, but learning others over the years, I've ignored her... so it'll be nice to pick her back up in the new game!

BUSTA WULF!!

(Note: My Memory's of Crappy CVS2 Buster Wolf are from the Dreamcast version. After booting up the XBOX version, I can see... it's actually pretty dang good. Still think Athena CVS2 has funny looking formless gumby arms in her stance, but otherwise, the game is pretty great looking. Love Yuri's Makoto-style Intro!)

ptown

I'm looking forward to this game with its change of style and pace from SF4. (I'm hoping it will be a lot more offensive)

SSF4 is gonna be cool, but I want a little change after all the focus attack/cancel/crumple, ultras, and backdash stuff.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Shadow780 said:
YAY! BUSTAAAAA WOLF!

wassup with Robert's fireball faster than everyone's?

Y'know how arstal keeps saying how he thinks the ranged game was weaker in XII than other KoFs? I think they're trying to make up for that. Also think that's why EX moves, like Sie Kensou's "Super fast and pierces through other fireballs!" ability exist.

It's like they're trying to bring their own unique spin to fireball wars, in new ways.

Plus, s slower Fireball + Robert's Hien Shippu Kyaku seems to have more control of overall screen space, where as a fast one is good for full screen fighting, but much easier to roll on reaction when in close, since his windup is fairly obvious.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
ptown said:
I'm looking forward to this game with its change of style and pace from SF4. (I'm hoping it will be a lot more offensive)

SSF4 is gonna be cool, but I want a little change after all the focus attack/cancel/crumple, ultras, and backdash stuff.
You can bet on that buddy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
There's a (slim)chance of good news this week. (At least for me)

:D

GET HYPE!!!

Frankfurt

Banned
In the storyline for XIII, Kagura confirms that Orochi is free, but it can take even years for him to possess someone. Beni tells her that Liz and Ash had a "very close" relationship. The story also says none of "Those from the Past/Distant Land" are human.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WoOT New Vid ^_^ -highfive-

King demolished the competetion, and liked that red-headed Mai color.

Leona got kinda thrashed, but guess you can't win em all!

Hope we start seeing some direct feed videos from SNKP soon.

Fersis

SAB CA said:
WoOT New Vid ^_^ -highfive-

King demolished the competetion, and liked that red-headed Mai color.

Leona got kinda thrashed, but guess you can't win em all!

Hope we start seeing some direct feed videos from SNKP soon.
Oh we could be getting something almost as good as that.
Cross your fingers, if this happens its going to blow you away!

Mad props to ReXXX as always.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:

The only good news I want now is a GGPO announcement though.

Fersis

arstal said:
The only good news I want now is a GGPO announcement though.
You're going to be dissapointed then. =/

I think that the only news about that was that SRK joke.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:
You're going to be dissapointed then. =/

I think that the only news about that was that SRK joke.

Yeah, that got me salty. Then again, KOFXIII with decent netcode would be good enough.
That's what is going to make or break the game commercially.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fersis said:

-salute- Ok then Captain, All ready to board the S.S.SNK-P Hype Shuttle!

I really am not hoping for any GGPO-related news until final cast and such is unveiled. How in the world would that help the arcade release? Y'know, unless they announced Cross-Arcade GGPO play.

We WANT them to concentrate on Arcade first, and then Console release after letting the game find it's legs, right? There's much more system, content, and initial release concerns to worry about, first.

Now, once it's out in arcades, and gets at least a month or 2 out, I wouldn't mind a few strategic "leaks" leading up to the reveal of GGPO/BB-caliber netcode.

Fersis

Master Thespian said:
When do you think we'll be hearing this...something?
Hopefully i will get news this weekend.
* Crosses fingers *

SAB CA said:
-salute- Ok then Captain, All ready to board the S.S.SNK-P Hype Shuttle!

I really am not hoping for any GGPO-related news until final cast and such is unveiled. How in the world would that help the arcade release? Y'know, unless they announced Cross-Arcade GGPO play.

We WANT them to concentrate on Arcade first, and then Console release after letting the game find it's legs, right? There's much more system, content, and initial release concerns to worry about, first.

Now, once it's out in arcades, and gets at least a month or 2 out, I wouldn't mind a few strategic "leaks" leading up to the reveal of GGPO/BB-caliber netcode.
SNKP is aware of GGPO. (Which is not the silver bullet for every online related issue)

Sapiens

Fersis said:
* Crosses fingers *

SNKP is aware of GGPO. (Which is not the silver bullet for every online related issue)

My bet is on the gaming being full price and Team K' being DLC.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Sapiens said:

No No, this is SNKP, not NamcoBandai. SNKP would charge us for their team music, maybe, but not for the characters ^_^
--

Anyway, good to hear, Hype Captain Fersis!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Sapiens said:

K' team is going to be in the arcade version, so they won't be DLC. That would be suicide.

I could see them offering a DLC char or three though.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
ReXXXSoprano said:

Awesome video, first time I see someone nailing King Super that often, but I can see now the cross over properties of it, damn it might be annoying in good hands, well we can just ROLL out thought.

Fersis said:
* Crosses fingers *

Well they will update their site and blog on Thrusday, most likely just add another team story and if we are lucky one of the unannounced characters, which I doubt that will happen atm. Since they will save that for the Loke Test.

EDIT: Since I don't want to double post, here is the translation of PART 2 of Ash story:

http://cyberfanatix.com/forums/index.php/topic,583.msg16108.html#msg16108

Dunno if you guys wanted me to post it directly here, but I might have to do some edits since GAF doesn't allow colors in text.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Finaika said:
Heh that's actually me again as the player 2 (Mai, King & Yuri team) :D

King's Surprise Rose is pretty awesome; sometimes I do it on random and it (surprisingly) connects.

I would still recommand dropping that habit. It doesn't work in the long run.

One thing I do wonder about with drive cancels and the amount of super meter I've seen in the vids is that the game ends up with a MI-style vibe. I don't know if that would be a good or bad thing though.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
arstal said:
I would still recommand dropping that habit. It doesn't work in the long run.

One thing I do wonder about with drive cancels and the amount of super meter I've seen in the vids is that the game ends up with a MI-style vibe. I don't know if that would be a good or bad thing though.

Well of course, you can just ROLL out of the way. :lol

But come on, is not Finaika fault his opponent didn't do that and he enjoy doing random supers just to test which one will work. Besides thanks to that, we got footage of Surprise Rose crossover! :D

Fersis

This good news im talkin' about is not about KOFXIII website update or anything like that.

* Crosses fingers *
GET HYPE!!!

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
This good news im talkin' about is not about KOFXIII website update or anything like that.

* Crosses fingers *
GET HYPE!!!

I can only think about a new loke test, which will be included with new character reveal?

Come on Fersis, just spill it out, just tell it as a "RUMOR", unless you are bind to a contract or something that told you not to say something. :lol

Fersis

-DarKaoZ- said:
I can only think about a new loke test, which will be included with new character reveal?

Come on Fersis, just spill it out, just tell it as a "RUMOR", unless you are bind to a contract or something that told you not to say something. :lol
I have to wait, i dont want to 'burst in hype' before i get the confirmation. :lol

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
I have to wait, i dont want to burst on hype before i have the confirmation. :lol

But that is why you say it as a "RUMOR", so you won't be blame for saying lies. Besides its not like it will do or break the hype, now will it? lol

At least it will keep us looking for something that might not come, which is not rare coming from SNK. :lol

*looks at KOF2002UM and KOF:MIA* =(

Fersis

-DarKaoZ- said:
But that is why you say it as a "RUMOR", so you won't be blame for saying lies. Besides its not like it will do or break the hype, now will it? lol

At least it will keep us looking for something that might not come, which is not rare coming from SNK. :lol

*looks at KOF2002UM and KOF:MIA* =(
I thought Ignition published 02UM ?(PS2)

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fersis said:
You could import those.
(KOF 2002UM is crazy awesome)

Yeah I know I could import it, but then I will have to buy a PS2 and mod it so I can play import games. =/

Right now money is tight, but I really which there was a PSN ver, that way I wouldn't have to deal with the 360 dpad.

But oh well, it seems I wasn't able to make you spill the beans. :lol

Fersis

test_test

JGAF could you translate that bit about the NeoMax mode?
When the website went online i found some pngs referencing NeoMax mode, no one cared... as you see NeoMax could be the gameplay mechanic they've been talking about on the Q&A session.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Yeah I know I could import it, but then I will have to buy a PS2 and mod it so I can play import games. =/

Right now money is tight, but I really which there was a PSN ver, that way I wouldn't have to deal with the 360 dpad.

But oh well, it seems I wasn't able to make you spill the beans. :lol
PSN Releases of XI,98UM,GAROU and 02UM would be the most awesome thing ever.

By the way that NeoMAX thing is not the awesome thingy im talkin' about.

Top Bottom