• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
arstal said:
King's LDM sounds lame. Would have been nice to see her old KOF95 Illusion dance instead- amped up. Illusion dance is King's iconic move to me, and it's not in this game. Why?

On the console version, I hope you can set favorite color and if you hit like say B to select your char, it autogoes to that color. Fersis, If you get to talk to SNK, recommend that option- I'd like to see it in Blazblue also, and any game with a ton of color.

I prefer to have color edit, that is what I want, I have spend HOURS in that just to come up with all this crazy colors. And making them shareable between friends should be fucking awesome! :D

But I know they won't do it... =(

DAMN YOU SNK! Your color edit are the best in 2D games, give it to me back again!!

GrayFoxPL

-DarKaoZ- said:
I prefer to have color edit, that is what I want, I have spend HOURS in that just to come up with all this crazy colors. And making them shareable between friends should be fucking awesome! :D

But I know they won't do it... =(

DAMN YOU SNK! Your color edit are the best in 2D games, give it to me back again!!

Admit it. You just matched the female(?) characters tight clothes to skin colour so they seemed nude.

There's no shame. We all did it.

Hi Yuri.

Edit colours will be in. They've put it in tons of PS2 ports of kof as well as their classic collection of fighters.

Frankfurt said:
Rex Dart:

I've seen Iori's nlocked neomax and Andys projectile dm in hongkong vids. So they are in, unless Hongkong guys got newer build.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
Admit it. You just matched the female(?) characters tight clothes to skin colour so they seemed nude.

There's no shame. We all did it.

Hi Yuri.

Edit colours will be in. They've put it in tons of PS2 ports of kof as well as their classic collection of fighters.

Indeed, I did that, but only in CvsS2. :lol

But I didn't do that in KOF, I prefer to make them look "different", kinda like what SNKP is doing with KOF13. I remember making Maxima look like he didn't have a shirt below his jacket. And stuff like that, I love making them look different and like if they had different outfits, and I spend lots of hours in there trying and figuring out how to do so with the limited colored pallets, so much fun! :D

GrayFoxPL said:
I've seen Iori's nlocked neomax and Andys projectile dm in hongkong vids. So they are in, unless Hongkong guys got newer build.

DUDE! Link us to them!

Me likey. I've been hoping that Geki Hishouken would return as his EX Hishouken but I haven't seen anyone do EX Hishou yet. So, at least that new DM is kinda like an exploding version of it. I'm loving the stuff I've seen from Andy so far. I think Andy, Ralf, and Takuma might be the first team I try.

We have got so much info and videos from this weekend's loketests, its crazy to think that we have another 3 city one this Tuesday-Thursday (Tokyo, Aichi Prefecture and Hiroshima) and again on Saturday-Wednesday (Tokyo, Aichi Prefecture and Kyoto). Will be interesting to see if it is just the same build as this weekend or if they do more moveset tweaks and/or introduce K' team. Hopefully we still get lots of videos. It seems we got much more from the HK Loketests than the Japanese ones.

GrayFoxPL

-DarKaoZ- said:
Indeed, I did that, but only in CvsS2. :lol

But I didn't do that in KOF, I prefer to make them look "different", kinda like what SNKP is doing with KOF13. I remember making Maxima look like he didn't have a shirt below his jacket. And stuff like that, I love making them look different and like if they had different outfits, and I spend lots of hours in there trying and figuring out how to do so with the limited colored pallets, so much fun! :D

DUDE! Link us to them!

I confuse myself with editing, I just don't have the talent. I must say though that what SNKP did with color edits in kof 13 is just amazing. I can get over how good Robert-Terry look. Also Kyo with Yashiro(maybe Rock) seems to be fan favorite. I can see why.

SAB linked to Andy's. Iori's NM starts like his dm qcf, hcb+p but super fast. When it got blocked, nothing came out. But it was his NM.

SAB, you've said something about Kim's new dm that no-one seen. You sure it's not his qcf,qcf k? It's his old one kick juggling dm I saw in videos.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
I confuse myself with editing, I just don't have the talent. I must say though that what SNKP did with color edits in kof 13 is just amazing. I can get over how good Robert-Terry look. Also Kyo with Yashiro(maybe Rock) seems to be fan favorite. I can see why.

SAB linked to Andy's. Iori's NM starts like his dm qcf, hcb+p but super fast. When it got blocked, nothing came out. But it was his NM.

SAB, you've said something about Kim's new dm that no-one seen. You sure it's not his qcf,qcf k? It's his old one kick juggling dm I saw in videos.

Ones you figure out the way to do color edits, its really simple and fun. I really hope SNKP bring it to consoles!

Anyways, Vice 10th color makes her semi-transparent?! That is fucking awesome! Just like a Ghost! :lol

Gunloc said:

As I look at that I just see something very wrong with Kim on a team with Hwa Jai and Raiden. Kim should be replaced by Billy as team leader which would make them THE OG BOSS TEAM and put Kim on a team with Jhun and Kamen Rider May Lee. I could fucking imagine May's NeoMAX right now. Just a very dynamic and hardcore Rider Kick. Decade's would be the coolest and it would make it similar to Athena's Psycho 13 where she kicks through all the KOF logos like Decade kicks through all the Rider Symbols. BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!! Chang and Choi could also work but they need on their to be their own team and find a third. I'd weirdly like to see Oswald, Yamazaki or Eiji be their third. My oddball pick would be Heavy D! just because we don't get enough of him in KOF.

And I think it was about time I put this back into play.

.data:827B0660 # "elisabeth"
.data:827B0664 .long aDuolon_0 # "duolon"
.data:827B0668 .long aShen_0 # "shen"
.data:827B066C .long aKyo_0 # "kyo"
.data:827B0670 .long aBenimaru_0 # "benimaru"
.data:827B0674 .long aDaimon # "daimon"
.data:827B0678 .long aIori_0 # "iori"
.data:827B067C .long aMature_0 # "mature"
.data:827B0680 .long aVice_0 # "vice"
.data:827B0684 .long aTerry_0 # "terry"
.data:827B0688 .long aAndy_0 # "andy"
.data:827B068C .long aJoe_0 # "joe"
.data:827B0690 .long aAthena_0 # "athena"
.data:827B0694 .long aKensou_0 # "kensou"
.data:827B0698 .long aChin_0 # "chin"
.data:827B069C .long aKim_0 # "kim"
.data:827B06A0 .long aHwa_0 # "hwa"
.data:827B06A4 .long aRaiden_0 # "raiden"
.data:827B06A8 .long aRyo_0 # "ryo"
.data:827B06AC .long aRobert_0 # "robert"
.data:827B06B0 .long aTakuma_0 # "takuma"
.data:827B06B4 .long aRalf_0 # "ralf"
.data:827B06B8 .long aClark_0 # "clark"
.data:827B06BC .long aLeona_0 # "leona"
.data:827B06C0 .long aAsh_0 # "ash"
.data:827B06C4 .long aBoss_chara # "boss_chara"
.data:827B06C8 .long aDarkash_chara # "darkash_chara"
.data:827B06CC .long aMai_0 # "mai"
.data:827B06D0 .long aKing_0 # "king"
.data:827B06D4 .long aYuri_0 # "yuri"
.data:827B06D8 .long aIori98_0 # "iori98"
.data:827B06DC .long aBilly_0 # "billy
.data:827B06E0 .long aBadAllocation # "bad allocation"
.data:827B06E4 .long aBadAllocation # "bad allocation"
.data:827B06E8 .long aBadAllocation # "bad allocation"
.data:827B06EC .long aBadAllocation # "bad allocation"
.data:827B06F0 .long aBadAllocation # "bad allocation"
.data:827B06F4 .long aBadAllocation # "bad allocation"
.data:827B06F8 .long aBadAllocation # "bad allocation"

Very interesting to say the least. I'd main Bad Allocation. His NeoMAX would make the game blow up or something.

ReXXXSoprano said:
As I look at that I just see something very wrong with Kim on a team with Hwa Jai and Raiden. Kim should be replaced by Billy as team leader which would make them THE OG BOSS TEAM and put Kim on a team with Jhun and Kamen Rider May Lee. I could imagine May's NeoMAX right now. Just a very dynamic and hardcore Rider Kick. Decade's would be the coolest and it would make it similar to Athena's Psycho 13 where she kicks through all the KOF logos like Decade kicks through all the Rider Symbols. BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!! Chang and Choi could also work but they need on their to be their own team and find a third. I'd weirdly like to see Oswald, Yamazaki or Eiji be their third. My oddball pick would be Heavy D! just because we don't get enough of him in KOF.

And I think it was about time I put this back into play.
It's funny, as soon as Hwa Jai was added and I saw the whole team together, my first thought was "Poor Kim." I agree that Billy would have made a better team leader and that Kim should have a different team altogether.

My Team Kim though would have Jhun Hoon and the maniac striker, Smart Chang. (As opposed to regular Chang) The story would be that Kim & Jhun find Smart Chang and think that it's Chang fully rehabilitated, but it's really a modified clone someone made with discarded NESTS technology. May Lee could have a team with regular Chang & Choi and could be secretly training them to try and impress Kim.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kim likes to re-educate 'evil characters'

Just want to say that KOF is the only game series that make me feel like an 10 years old Fersis. :lol
Oh and im so happy to see you guys happy and hyped for the game ,after KOF12 i thought that some of you would never return...
Arstal said:
SNKP is dead to me, DEAD!
And he is on board the hype thread now. ^___^

I FREAKING LOVE YOU KOF!!!
EDIT:Get hype for May Loketest!!! K' Team should be there!!!

EDIT2: Official English Website

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
GrayFoxPL said:

Reports form Loketest seem to suggest that Iori's NM just didn't work yet, so... yeah. Don't remember seeing the windup either, in any vids. I heard his EX DM was suppose to have super-fast startup, though, so maybe it was that?

Don't remember seeing the 1 kick juggle of Kim's in this game once yet. Movelist yes, in gameplay, never saw attempted. I've tried to watch each video as they appeared, even when duplicated, but if I missed something, I'd love to be linked to it ^_^

As far as Hwa... Really gotta wait to see drinking in acting before judging. I'll laugh if his getting drunk turns him wholly unique, but that's probably expecting too much.

I'd love it if they sudden'y gave him 2 new, angry, chainable command normals, and modified his special effects + Maybe gave him a new special in place of the drinking while drunk. And then modify his stance so it resembles his FF1 stance, but only while drunk.

Go Go Hyper-Special-Rainbow-Edition version of Joe! Drink yourself into a well animated, unique stupor! XD

It's sad to think that my SSFIV enthusiasm will be curbed... by looking for loketest vids of this game, which is probably months away from me actually PLAYING it. Doesn't matter though... Street Fighters must bow their heads, when their King passes by! :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So im going to wait until the last loketest ends (May 1 - 5) to send a new email. :D
* Crosses fingers *

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Hmm... I really wonder if they will release K team in this next LokeTest (April 27 to 29) and a possible NEW Team or boss in May 1 loke test. Well I see it in that order and I hope it is, because I want to see K and Kula sprites already!!!

TreIII

Fersis said:
Kim likes to re-educate 'evil characters'

And the thing is, Hwa Jai and Raiden aren't even 'that bad'.

Jai supposedly reformed after the events of the first FF, and he and Joe became friends/rivals. That much should be evident by the fact that it was HJ in Joe's background in RB2, for example.

Raiden, meanwhile, is just the "heel" to Big Bear's "face". I guess it's just a thing that the guy says to himself "I feel like being a bastard/good guy today~". :lol

So, I'm thinking that HJ and Raiden were definitely meant to have a different leader than Kim, but they don't have that guy ready yet. There is still the thing that they were planning to explain why Terry was back in his old school look with XII, so I was assuming they were going to have the KOF version of the Fatal Fury storyline wrapped up some time soon...

Fersis

-DarKaoZ- said:
Hmm... I really wonder if they will release K team in this next LokeTest (April 27 to 29) and a possible NEW Team or boss in May 1 loke test. Well I see it in that order and I hope it is, because I want to see K and Kula sprites already!!!
GET HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrayFoxPL

SAB CA said:
Reports form Loketest seem to suggest that Iori's NM just didn't work yet, so... yeah. Don't remember seeing the windup either, in any vids. I heard his EX DM was suppose to have super-fast startup, though, so maybe it was that?

Don't remember seeing the 1 kick juggle of Kim's in this game once yet. Movelist yes, in gameplay, never saw attempted. I've tried to watch each video as they appeared, even when duplicated, but if I missed something, I'd love to be linked to it ^_^

As far as Hwa... Really gotta wait to see drinking in acting before judging. I'll laugh if his getting drunk turns him wholly unique, but that's probably expecting too much.

I'd love it if they sudden'y gave him 2 new, angry, chainable command normals, and modified his special effects + Maybe gave him a new special in place of the drinking while drunk. And then modify his stance so it resembles his FF1 stance, but only while drunk.

Go Go Hyper-Special-Rainbow-Edition version of Joe! Drink yourself into a well animated, unique stupor! XD

It's sad to think that my SSFIV enthusiasm will be curbed... by looking for loketest vids of this game, which is probably months away from me actually PLAYING it. Doesn't matter though... Street Fighters must bow their heads, when their King passes by! :D

I didn't think I'll find it, but here is Kim's rocket kick dm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7a8_Hwr5rU#t=3m44s

And I'm pretty sure it isn't the only vid.

But you're right about Iori it was EX DM. It's in the same vid. Drive bar emptied when the dm ended so I mistook it for NM. Just noticed it took only 2 stocks.

Fersis

The Take Out Bandit said:
Wrong meme Fersis!

FEEEEL!

:D
Yup, ok from now the hype motto is: DONT THINK FEEEEEL !! or just FEEEEL!
For instance: FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
GrayFoxPL said:
I didn't think I'll find it, but here is Kim's rocket kick dm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7a8_Hwr5rU#t=3m44s

And I'm pretty sure it isn't the only vid.

But you're right about Iori it was EX DM. It's in the same vid. Drive bar emptied when the dm ended so I mistook it for NM. Just noticed it took only 2 stocks.

Hmm, explains it, a pretty early one in. Bah, I shoulda remembered one where Clark lands Gattling -> Air throw so many times! XD Must have skilled it somehow. Thanks for link!

And yeah, the Hypermode -> SDM stuff can be pretty annoying. THat's why I always look for that green energy blossom effect of NM's. I thought an EX V-Slasher Leona did was her NM at first, till I started to go by that rule. (So glad to see it's "Leona Blade" instead ^_^)

I'm really looking forward to seeing those OTHER moves from that expanded movelist in future loketest, personally. If Leona really does have her bomb plant and a ->+D Follow up to Grand Saber, I WANNA SEE! I can wait on K', Maxima and
Whip!
Kula for a bit.

Love the fact Mature got her Light double kicks back.

Fersis

Theres a video with Kim doing : Hangetsu Zan -> Hien Zan -> Tenshou Zan.
So dreamy! @___@

( QCB + B/D -> Charge D,U + B/D -> D + D )

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
:lol :lol :lol We need to break each video into "WHAT COOL STUFF DID YOU SEE!!" categories, it seems!

Maybe I can help with that later in the day, but yeah... I remember seeing that Kim combo also. Is it wrong that I like kim More with his -> -> A (Was D in 12) move now, more than I ever liked him with Rekkakyakus, or in any of the recent KoFs? He just seems like substance now, and much less fluff.

tzare

sprite_hwa.gif

sprite_joe.gif
[/quote]

they need to change a bit HWa, hopefully there's tstill some time before game is finally finished, but at least some subtle changes are needed.

Frankfurt

Banned
Were people really expecting SNK to bend time and space and magically be able to animate more characters per year? The minute i saw the 9 slots (in the time it took them to animate 6 characters) i knew we would get headswaps.

I'm surprised Takuma isn't a total headswap too.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'd rather have had 8 characters and no headswap.

If I had been in charge of SNK, I would have designed this way.

Replace Hwa Jai with Rick Strowd.

Dump Takuma (which is a shame because he is awesome and was done right)

Add Yuri to Kyokugen team

Replace Elisabeth with Ash on Duo/Shen's team

move Elisabeth to woman's team

One less character, would have given them time to do Vice right, and no one would have missed Hwa Jai.

That said, it doesn't affect my hype. That said, I really hope SNK isn't planning to release this game March 2011. I don't want to have to choose which fighting game franchise I want to save if a reasonably credible rumor is true. Oichi would be really happy also if he didn't have the arcade. (there's your hint)

Fersis

arstal said:
I'd rather have had 8 characters and no headswap.

If I had been in charge of SNK, I would have designed this way.

Replace Hwa Jai with Rick Strowd.

Dump Takuma (which is a shame because he is awesome and was done right)

Add Yuri to Kyokugen team

Replace Elisabeth with Ash on Duo/Shen's team

move Elisabeth to woman's team

One less character, would have given them time to do Vice right, and no one would have missed Hwa Jai.

That said, it doesn't affect my hype. That said, I really hope SNK isn't planning to release this game March 2011. I don't want to have to choose which fighting game franchise I want to save if a reasonably credible rumor is true.

If I had been in charge of SNK, I would have fired you. T___T
You dont touch my Elisabeth, you JUST DONT TOUCH my Elisabeth. YOU JUST DONT!

>8(

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
If you finished reading, you would have seen that she wasn't gone, just moved.

She fits in better with King and Mai anyways to me.

Fersis

arstal said:
If you finished reading, you would have seen that she wasn't gone, just moved.

She fits in better with King and Mai anyways to me.
YOU JUST DONT!
(Remember that the Elisabeth team is called: The Anti Ash Alliance Team)
;)

Elisabeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mai.

tzare

Hwajaiff.gif
Joeff.gif

they should at least try to change the arms like in fatal Fury, i hope they do it before game is out :)

I also find strange they remade Takuma from scratch instead of headswapping Ryo :D

I'd also love to se Rick Lee Pai Long and John Crawley , they fit KOF a lot. Oh and Geese please :D

Make them real for console version ,please SNK:D

tzare said:

That reminds me, I wonder with KoF XIII Arcade being so robust compared to XII. I wonder if they'll just skip out on too many Console features, or if we'll see another 2 console-exclusive characters and other features. I hope so! :D

tzare

Choppasmith said:
That reminds me, I wonder with KoF XIII Arcade being so robust compared to XII. I wonder if they'll just skip out on too many Console features, or if we'll see another 2 console-exclusive characters and other features. I hope so! :D

i hope so. They also have to compensate the bad mouth to mouth from XII so i hope they add at least 2 characters plus some xtras to gain momentum. I'd also love to have some unlockables for the people who bought XII, like capcom does fith SSFIV regarding SFIV owners

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
tzare said:
i hope so. They also have to compensate the bad mouth to mouth from XII so i hope they add at least 2 characters plus some xtras to gain momentum. I'd also love to have some unlockables for the people who bought XII, like capcom does fith SSFIV regarding SFIV owners

I'd be happy with 2 more characters + Maybe more win poses, more single player content, taunts, or modified normals for characters who end up too similiar.

I'll be happy either way, though. But it'd be great to get some "shine & refine" going on with the game.

Fersis said:
YOU JUST DONT!
(Remember that the Elisabeth team is called: The Anti Ash Alliance Team)
;)

Elisabeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mai.

No way fersis Mai back to kick all the female ass.
Still Mai , Elisabeth and Yuri is my female team unless Athena get really go this year.

GrayFoxPL

tzare said:
Hwajaiff.gif
Joeff.gif

they should at least try to change the arms like in fatal Fury, i hope they do it before game is out :)

I also find strange they remade Takuma from scratch instead of headswapping Ryo :D

I'd also love to se Rick Lee Pai Long and John Crawley , they fit KOF a lot. Oh and Geese please :D

They should put shura from World Heroes and make Muay Thai team. :lol

Yeah they made different hands position for vice, they could do it for him too.

Speaking of hwa jai.

Broken Joe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDLWKsr0sMc#t=6m33s

Rattles

Choppasmith said:
Billy Kane!! :(

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
Hwa-Jai vs Joe isn't as carbon copy as you guys are making it out to be, it's like comparing Ryu vs Ken.

Ryu and Ken got many different normals over the years. Here it's really a headswap with 95% of the same frames. It's bad, but I got used to Hwa Jai being crazy Joe hack.

tzare

AAK said:
Hwa-Jai vs Joe isn't as carbon copy as you guys are making it out to be, it's like comparing Ryu vs Ken.
yea kind of, but to my eyes, some differences, like changing the basic pose would be welcome.
They should put shura from World Heroes and make Muay Thai team.
wow, that would be such a weird team :D
I think SNK has the WH license, so they could use KIm Dragon, he was really fun to use.

BTW, Takuma's Neomax reminds me Shura's 'tiger kick' somehow ,almost flying :D

Fersis

Some dialogues provided by MadMan Cafe's Professor:

Yuri vs Takuma
Takuma: Your Karate may may be stronger than just self-protection. But your attitude is weak!
Yuri: There's a million ways of doing Karate! This is mine!
Takuma: I'm gonna beat up your arrogance!

King vs Kyo
Kyo: Your self-taught kickboxing only works against alcoholics!
King: Wanna try me out? Life and death is just around the corner!

Mai vs Shen
Shen: I heard that Japanese girls were quiet and modest. But what the hell are you!?
Mai: Oh shut up!

King vs Athena
Athena: Wow, it must be so cool to be in a team of girls!
King: Hey, wanna trade members? It'd be great to have an under-age! Mai and Yuri are plain crazy when they're drunk!
Athena: Oh, kinda like the way my master fights with pandas?

Bad quality vid of Shen Woo NeoMAX (Totally awesome)
Good quality vid of Shen Woo NeoMAX (Even more awesome:) )
I think that the vid is from the current loketest, theres no K' Team so i guess its going to be shown in the May 1 - 5 loketest.

Good quality footage from the third loketest

Top Bottom