• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Loona

Any idea of what this might be about?

I only have the vague notion that Valle manages tournaments nowadays, and I don't know how proeminent KoF has been in his in recent times.

This also reminds me of that thing about koF having a no-entry-free side-tournament at MLG, not sure if this month or the next...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any idea of what this might be about?

I only have the vague notion that Valle manages tournaments nowadays, and I don't know how proeminent KoF has been in his in recent times.

This also reminds me of that thing about koF having a no-entry-free side-tournament at MLG, not sure if this month or the next...
Valle took out Justin (For realz) on Season Beatings, it was AWESOME.

Also: Ash Crimson frame data for the math lovers out there.

Shadow780

ggs walker, today's connection was awesome, very smooth overall.

Still for the life of me can't pull off Takuma flying kick combo online.

tearsofash

Decided to give the game another run since its available for free. Good to see there's no issues between the disc version and psn.

Played my second ranked match today. Level 1 vs level 10. Somehow, I won. :D

I played KOF-I online for the first time today. It actually ran pretty well.

That's usually the consensus with this game. Blue and green bar connections are what you want to shoot for in all cases, Yellow varies wildly quality, and Red is for the times where you want to experience the details in the frame by frame animation.

shaowebb

I'm considering going back in on xbox live soon if the job hunt doesn't pickup soon. I'm trying to save up since where ever I find work will require me to move out of state, but it'd be nice to play this. I got some crap internet here in WV, though. $60 a month and my up/down speeds are literally equivalent of Puerto Rico's. Trust me because I competed for worst speeds with someone from Puerto Rico on speedtest.com and we tied.

Anyhow with poor internet service in the area is KOF XIII likely to be stomachable online for me? I play Andy/Vice/K' with Claw and Chin as pocket standbys.

I'm considering going back in on xbox live soon if the job hunt doesn't pickup soon. I'm trying to save up since where ever I find work will require me to move out of state, but it'd be nice to play this. I got some crap internet here in WV, though. $60 a month and my up/down speeds are literally equivalent of Puerto Rico's. Trust me because I competed for worst speeds with someone from Puerto Rico on speedtest.com and we tied.

Anyhow with poor internet service in the area is KOF XIII likely to be stomachable online for me? I play Andy/Vice/K' with Claw and Chin as pocket standbys.

In my experience its more to do with the location of the people that you're trying to play with more so than the connection quality itself. Im running 10mb down and 1mb up while here in North Carolina and have, in experience, been able to play people from New York to Florida with 0 issue. West Coast is generally out of the question of course. If you know people in your state on netplay or anyone in the surrounding states these would probably give you the best results.

That said, last time I actually popped in to KOF13 online (PSN) ... it was pretty much empty. There weren't many people outside of players in Japan that were still actively logging in to play online.

I got this when the put it up on the PSN+ tab. I will say that this game feels very different from what I'm used to in 02 and NG Battle Coliseum(comparing Ryos) . I will have to get a feel for these new mechanics introduced, but non the less it I liked what I played in Story mode.

I got this when the put it up on the PSN+ tab. I will say that this game feels very different from what I'm used to in 02 and NG Battle Coliseum(comparing Ryos) . I will have to get a feel for these new mechanics introduced, but non the less it I liked what I played in Story mode.

AOF characters in general have a tendency to play differently in each game.

I am sure perusing the OP will help you learn how to play, we can answer any questions you might have for the game as well.

AOF characters in general have a tendency to play differently in each game.

I am sure perusing the OP will help you learn how to play, we can answer any questions you might have for the game as well.

Well I do remember that Robert and Takuma always seemed different. But In other KoF games, Ryo seemed similar, up until 13 for me. It must be my imagination and the fact I played 02 and up.

Loona

I will say that this game feels very different from what I'm used to in 02 and NG Battle Coliseum(comparing Ryos) .

NGBC Ryo was an intentional mix of his and Takuma's recent KoF movesets, while his XIII self is sort of a return to the post-96 version of his arsenal without the KoF only moves, except for the parries and Tenchi Haohken.
Robert on the other hand almost feels completely transplanted from AoF with some tweaks.
I kinda favor that way of bringing those characters back to basics - in a way, KoF basics and AoF basics depending on character, since they were experimented with so much over the years and reverting both to their original game selves like the FF guys would make them too similar.

NGBC Ryo was an intentional mix of his and Takuma's recent KoF movesets, while his XIII self is sort of a return to the post-96 version of his arsenal without the KoF only moves, except for the parries and Tenchi Haohken.
Robert on the other hand almost feels completely transplanted from AoF with some tweaks.
I kinda favor that way of bringing those characters back to basics - in a way, KoF basics and AoF basics depending on character, since they were experimented with so much over the years and reverting both to their original game selves like the FF guys would make them too similar.

I see.I was wondering why he was missing some moves and other where changed input wise. I've been feeling a bit better playing with Robert in 13 than with Ryo so I might play him more. Though I still go with character loyalty, so I'll be choosing Ryo as well. Now my only problem is finding a third.

BadWolf

I see.I was wondering why he was missing some moves and other where changed input wise. I've been feeling a bit better playing with Robert in 13 than with Ryo so I might play him more. Though I still go with character loyalty, so I'll be choosing Ryo as well. Now my only problem is finding a third.

Learn Ryo's normals, they are some of the best in the game.

He has very safe and scary pressure.

Probably my fave Ryo yet.

Loona

Now my only problem is finding a third.

Takuma? He's actually more different than his previous appearances in either AoF or koF, since he got a few new tricks, but still manages to work as a compromise between some Ryo and Robert classics, with the exception of an uppercut special (unless you count his NeoMAX).

Takuma? He's actually more different than his previous appearances in either AoF or koF, since he got a few new tricks, but still manages to work as a compromise between some Ryo and Robert classics, with the exception of an uppercut special (unless you count his NeoMAX).

I don't know. He seemed really weird to me. I was thinking about picking up Ash since he plays like Guile, which is something I'm used to. Still trying out others to see if any feel right by me.

Had some offline casuals today against the same person from last time. Executing hops and combos on the fly during an actual match is still hard, but I think I'm slowly getting better at that.

jayb

I downloaded this from PS+ last week. i'm terrible at fighting games, but still enjoy playing them on occasion. I can't even get passed the 2nd tutorial where it asks me to do a move and then cancel into another move. maybe I'm just not doing it fast enough. idk.

anyway, I'm at least enjoying playing through arcade mode on very easy. I think I've gotten good enough to bump up to easy mode now. :/

I downloaded this from PS+ last week. i'm terrible at fighting games, but still enjoy playing them on occasion. I can't even get passed the 2nd tutorial where it asks me to do a move and then cancel into another move. maybe I'm just not doing it fast enough. idk.

anyway, I'm at least enjoying playing through arcade mode on very easy. I think I've gotten good enough to bump up to easy mode now. :/

Try timing your imput with hitspark of the previous move. Also you can hold the last direction/button of your input, so it can repeat for a few frames.

I'd be your test dummy to see how well I can do against other people online. I could also use the practice since I'm still trying to get used to this game.

Grokbu

if you can get 15-25ms between you two it should be sufficient. that was my average to one friend from ger to swe.

btw, are you guys using wired? that's a must.

Sorry for the really late reply.

I can't quite remember, but I think that when we pinged to eachother quite some time ago, we had around 35ms maybe. I did ping to him through hamachi though, so it might have shown inaccurate numbers.

Both of us were/are on wired, yes.

Well I officially got the online welcome wagon by getting my ass beat 18 -0. This is still so foreign to me and it doesn't help that my Marvel mindset kicked in a couple of times leaving me wide open to attacks lol

BadWolf

Do you live in the US?

Canada.

I'd be your test dummy to see how well I can do against other people online. I could also use the practice since I'm still trying to get used to this game.

Ggs man, great matches. Give it a little time and you'll adjust no prob.

GGs, btw. I was the one who went into your room. You have a really good Ryo.

You are ElzaWalker? Sorry, didn't know it was you. Got a pm from spyhunterzero and played him since I left a message for gafers.

I've played you a few times before, your Mature is awesome.

Canada.

Ggs man, great matches. Give it a little time and you'll adjust no prob.

You are ElzaWalker? Sorry, didn't know it was you. Got a pm from spyhunterzero and played him since I left a message for gafers.

I've played you a few times before, your Mature is awesome.

I saw that Terry compliment before stealth edit haha. He's really nothing special at all. I just abused your technique with lows and went from there since he seems to be the only character that is still plays the same to me. But yes, hopefully with more time spent on this game I can learn everything there is to know.

BadWolf

I saw that Terry compliment before stealth edit haha. He's really nothing special at all. I just abused your technique with lows and went from there since he seems to be the only character that is still plays the same to me. But yes, hopefully with more time spent on this game I can learn everything there is to know.

With Terry its very important to love and abuse his jD, probably one of the best and most dangerous normals in the game when it comes to crossing up. Standing C after gives an easy two hit hit-confirm so you won't get confused if jD lands on the side you don't expect it to.

His low chain (cr.B, cr.A, cr.C, special/super/HD) is also extremely good and very annoying. Easy to hit confirm, safe and leads to major damage.

Yeah. I saw you try and punish him a couple of times but to no avail as I would just be blocking by then even though it looks like it should hit. I will call BS when you did that lvl 3 Hyper( Neo Max?) with Andy. I was cleanly on the other side and it still hit Robert :mad:

BadWolf

Yeah. I saw you try and punish him a couple of times but to no avail as I would just be blocking by then even though it looks like it should hit. I will call BS when you did that lvl 3 Hyper( Neo Max?) with Andy. I was cleanly on the other side and it still hit Robert :mad:

Yeah hehe that was his lvl 2, it kinda starts up in an upwards direction before moving forward so has a funky hit box.

I need to save up money for another HitBox since I lost my first one. I hate using a controller since it either doesn't read my inputs or reads them as other stuff as you saw with random hypers/EX moves happening

BadWolf

I need to save up money for another HitBox since I lost my first one. I hate using a controller since it either doesn't read my inputs or reads them as other stuff as you saw with random hypers/EX moves happening

Yeah I also get lots of iffy inputs on my pad, which often leads me to eat a big combo. I'm cheap though so I'll stick to it :p

Hitboxes are interesting, was curious at first since it seemed similar to a keyboard but after watching a video it looked kinda different.

Yeah I also get lots of iffy inputs on my pad, which often leads me to eat a big combo. I'm cheap though so I'll stick to it :p

Hitboxes are interesting, was curious at first since I played a lot on a PC keyboard before getting a PS3 but after watching a video it looked kinda different.

Trust me, it's basically a keyboard stick. I love it since it really worked well and I didn't get those I did a quarter circle motion not Forward Down Forward. The only difference is the Jump button, but everything else is the same.

Top Bottom