• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

BadWolf

I am unsure on how to approach a st.d abusing Kim as well, maybe the Answer could shed some light.

His standing D is immune to lows but not mid hitting attacks, so hitting crouching C or mashing crouching A is a surefire way to stop it in its tracks with pretty much the entire cast.

Loona

After months of having no TV to connect my PS3 to to play KoF, things are clicking into place again now that I'm moving to my new apartment - got a new TV (managed to find one that was listed in a recommended minimum response time thread on SRK.com and snapped it up, was the last one at the store too), and got my net installed today - at the older place I was using the wireless connection that was already installed there.

I'll probably need to get a wireless router installed to use other things like my laptop, but it should be viable for the time being to simply connect the one network cable that comes out of the modem into the PS3 when I want to play.

Can anyone point me to some recommendations on router types, configs, etc to make the most of the ability to set up a connection at home almost from scratch, now that I can finally try to optimize my KoF online play experience?

Shadow780

Any modern modem will do, set up static ip for your PC and PS3, wired connection, and put PS3 in DMZ mode. My performance with friend increased significantly once he done all that from wireless connection.

I know it's shitty that you had to do this, but it helps.

GGs Tera. Smoothest online matches I've had in this game by far. Has you probably saw I still need a lot of work in this game. Just really haven't had the time to practice. I bet it became pretty obvious that I need to learn how to use guard rolls and blow backs. Still not used to the fast pace of this game compared to SF4. Had fun though, hope to do it again sometime. Btw, great Mature and Vice, loved that pressure and those combos.

Yeah, ggs. I think my Vice is pretty terrible actually, lol, but thanks.

I was going to say that you could take advantage of Shen's reversals more, considering that you dping with Terry and Ex Kyo.

I think you were doing pretty well keeping me out of the air.

Yeah, ggs. I think my Vice is pretty terrible actually, lol, but thanks.

I was going to say that you could take advantage of Shen's reversals more, considering that you dping with Terry and Ex Kyo.

I think you were doing pretty well keeping me out of the air.

Thanks. I tried to learn my characters normals so I know which ones are better for stopping jump ins and hops. Sometimes I press buttons way too much though, especially when I'm under pressure. And I'm not sure what reversal to use for Shen besides his command grab.

His standing D is immune to lows but not mid hitting attacks, so hitting crouching C or mashing crouching A is a surefire way to stop it in its tracks with pretty much the entire cast.

afaik only a few frames are lower hitbox invincibility, so you can sometimes get him I think. I often cheese out a sweep out of habit and get him, not that it's the recommended strat.

Had some offline casuals today with a player from the area. He's pretty solid and has a good Kyo and K'. Plan on playing with him again in a couple of weeks, gonna be a really good way to level up.

Had some offline casuals today with a player from the area. He's pretty solid and has a good Kyo and K'. Plan on playing with him again in a couple of weeks, gonna be a really good way to level up.

I need to find some players in my area as well, good to know you have a little local competition.

I feel I am getting somewhat better at the game. Need to learn a lot of restraint and hit confirm better, though.

I need to find some players in my area as well, good to know you have a little local competition.

I feel I am getting somewhat better at the game. Need to learn a lot of restraint and hit confirm better, though.

Same, I need to improve on my hit confirms and execution. I really need to be able to control my hops and my jumps. My main priority though needs to go towards game mechanics such as guard cancels and blowbacks.

shaowebb

Tonight I'm having pork buns for dinner. Kensou am cry.

tPNhD.jpg

5GIqS.jpg

2lmpI.png

*GETS RUSHED THE HELL DOWN!*

6njIz.gif

;_; "...my buns..."

shaowebb

Okay, i'll post some real content now.

Athena Volleyball credit for this link goes to Elric Everett from the KoF13 Tournament Players facebook group.

I've seen this happen a few times before and it never ceases to make me grin. Not as bad as the Persona 4 cancel fight, but still pretty hilarious none the less.

It's too bad the KOF scene is dying in Korea; both Lacid and MadKOF mentioned they were thinking about quitting in post-match shout outs. I think they were hoping more people would pick up the game after the EVO victory.

Thought I'd repost this form the SB thread, any thoughts on this? With both Koreans dominating at SB there is very little incentive to prove anything for them I feel.

What do you make of KOF scene in general. Decline is normal. . . was a hype year for KOF, I predict KOF might not be a main-game at EVO, or if it is a lot of crossover will happen where the players are also playing other games to make it worthwhile for them.

Romance is practicing for Marvel for example. Either way KOF has made it's mark, unlike Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. Was more hype than SFXT and Mortal Kombat.

BadWolf

Thought I'd repost this form the SB thread, any thoughts on this? With both Koreans dominating at SB there is very little incentive to prove anything for them I feel.

What do you make of KOF scene in general. Decline is normal. . . was a hype year for KOF, I predict KOF might not be a main-game at EVO, or if it is a lot of crossover will happen where the players are also playing other games to make it worthwhile for them.

Romance is practicing for Marvel for example. Either way KOF has made it's mark, unlike Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. Was more hype than SFXT and Mortal Kombat.

Just like last year it feels like there is a lull in the scene in general after Evo. The KOXIII showing in particular was off the charts for me, everything feels very low key in comparison. This is how I felt about SF4 after last years Evo.

Once the bigger and the Road to Evo 2013 tournaments start then things will start getting exciting again with people having something to work for.

Nothing wrong with Romance branching out to other games. Justin, Chris G, Ray Ray etc. play whole bunch of games, KOFXIII included.

As for MadKof and crew, they are probably tired of playing amongst each other over and over with no new blood coming in. Clearly they have been putting in a ton of time into the game, they easily ran over everyone at SB. Wasn't even close. Probably feels for nothing if they have no one to give them a challenge (the SoCal crew is very highly regarded afterall and yet...).

As for MadKof and crew, they are probably tired of playing amongst each other over and over with no new blood coming in. Clearly they have been putting in a ton of time into the game, they easily ran over everyone at SB. Wasn't even close. Probably feels for nothing if they have no one to give them a challenge (the SoCal crew is very highly regarded afterall and yet...).

That's what I'm thinking. There has to be incentive and if you beat the best you want to start looking into other games where there's more money and probably an easier game. What's really big in Korea? Tekken and SF? There's gonna be a lot of crossover in games from players I think. Romance practicing for Marvel is about the only time I'll watch a Marvel match at EVO.

AutumnAve

I just got KOF 13 a couple weekends ago, because I'm insane and have to play every fighting game ever.

PSN AutumnAve. add me plz for games and fun.

Dumbassed non sequitur :

I was playing the story mode, and on what I think is called the Kyo96 stage, theres three guys doing the Golden Bombers Memeshikute dance. I damn near spit my beer all over my arcade stick.

For reference : Kyo96 stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NSCPxOi7I
jump to 1:55 to see the men in the background dancing.

Golden Bombers Memeshikute (ゴールデンボンバー - 女々しくて) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A51ZsEVVAZA if you're impatient jump to about 3:00 in to see the show stoppa.

I don't know if this is widely known, or heck, if its even been talked about in the thread (it's a big thread), it amused me and collided with my admittedly narrow range of interests.

shaowebb

I just got KOF 13 a couple weekends ago, because I'm insane and have to play every fighting game ever.

PSN AutumnAve. add me plz for games and fun.

Dumbassed non sequitur :

I was playing the story mode, and on what I think is called the Kyo96 stage, theres three guys doing the Golden Bombers Memeshikute dance. I damn near spit my beer all over my arcade stick.

For reference : Kyo96 stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NSCPxOi7I
jump to 1:55 to see the men in the background dancing.

Golden Bombers Memeshikute (ゴールデンボンバー - 女々しくて) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A51ZsEVVAZA if you're impatient jump to about 3:00 in to see the show stoppa.

I don't know if this is widely known, or heck, if its even been talked about in the thread (it's a big thread), it amused me and collided with my admittedly narrow range of interests.

Oh wow, I never knew those dancers were in reference to anything. The dude in the center is even wearing all white too! All I knew was they were my favorite stage since they brought the hype. They've hidden a lot of stuff in the backgrounds actually. TONS of cast from their franchises are poking around in the background. Most of the time the background seems to be one big tribute to their fans it seems. Cool to see a k-pop reference make it in.

Autumn, do you live in the US?

Also good games again, Shadow. You are one of the most solid players I have ever played against. Can't make a mistake at all against you.

AutumnAve

Alright, I am out of the house so I can't get on right now. Should be back around 4 CST, if you can play then. Please use a wired connection, though.

wired connection
About that... ._.

Is wireless a deal breaker? I'm set up full wireless, I can go wired, but I'd have to go into the living room to play, and my wife took over the living room TV about two years ago. lol.

What? Where does disrespect come into play? Really, my only purpose of coming into this thread was to share the YouTube links, nothing more.

He meant in terms of online, fighting games don't perform as well on a wireless connection(this one more so than others). There is nothing wrong with what you are posting.

I can play right now if you want to test connections, btw.

Honestly, you just need RTSD more with Terry and Shen. And convert all those j,2C into combos with Kyo. Don't be afraid to DP jumps as well.

ggs, though. You do a good job with anti airing my hops. Forced me to jump more.

Thanks, and your Elizabeth was good with all those crossups. I need to work on my hit confirms for sure, and that way I think I will be able to sustain better offensive pressure.

Top Bottom