• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
spoonztt said:
@Fersis

I'm in Trinidad, my XBL is presently down as my account was hacked for FIFA stuff.

ZmG6V.jpg

I'll try the ustream thing later on.
DAMN YOU FIFA'ers!
Thanks bud!

Superior 360 cover art is superior.

Ezalc

alstein said:
He's more interesting then Vanessa or Rick , and you need a boxer to counterbalance Kim.

He's not a hot Spanish woman. Immediately disqualified as more interesting than Vanessa.

alstein

Anyone know if it's safe to stream this on twitch.tv ? I

Atlus has said they really don't care all that much if people get it early, so you're safe.

As for netcode, impressions from locals came in- saying SF4 quality, so decent but not as good as could be. The SRK impression seems on the low end, and some folks are saying it's better then SF4, so I'm guessing it's decent but not great.

Definitely good enough to learn from and have fun with, which is my standard.
I'm going to get so blown up next week going into a tourney day 0 vs other folks day 5.

spoonztt

Man these trial combos are hard. Had one with Shen that was like LP,HP into regular Shen stuff and I couldn't do the combo starter but I could do the rest of it :( and that was a early trial combo.

That article is highly biased, also most imnpressions state that the game is about SF4 level netcode.

Just read some of the comments.

got some games in myself today and I gotta say that its pretty playable sometimes there is delay but it isnt something that will make your combos drop its better than kof12/vanilla mvc3 but I would say its about equal or abit worse than ssf4ae
was playing with a friend he lives about 15 miles away only reason it was delay for me is because I left the stream running lol but I paused it and it was no lag I say its equal to sf4

its actually better than he described i played with a guy in soCal and im now in Hawaii and he said it was pretty good, only minor input lag he said....mind u it was only 2 bars, now i played UMVC3 with 4 bars and that shit lagged throught out the match....KOF13 netcode is fine....waaay better than KOF12
also the guy said he play ppl in cali and it was good also...Netcode is playable and better than 12

Quoted from my buddy about the KOF XIII PS3 netcode in Portland, OR: "Fucking awesome!"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mmmm...such a good looking game. These backgrounds are hot.
So hot.. i would even say that the game is not work safe...
* BA DUM TISH *

Yup apparently the netcode is on par with SSFIV. Not so bad since i got a brand new connection (6Mb) just for DAT KOF

alstein

Ugh, this game has the dumb way of button config.

retail build changes that, at least on char select screen. Found out during Atlus's stream earlier this week. SNK listened.

I think they're still using a beta version on that, judging by some things.

^ She has a huge forehead.

Unfortunately the style for KOFXII and XIII is to have all the female characters don stupid moeblob faces. It's really off-putting. Same with the 'roided out males.

I starting to miss classic KOF art. That direction + High res would have been perfection.

Tizoc

Unfortunately the style for KOFXII and XIII is to have all the female characters don stupid moeblob faces. It's really off-putting. Same with the 'roided out males.

I starting to miss classic KOF art. That direction + High res would have been perfection.

Eh I personally dislike KoF Terry's phsyique, actually most of the male cast seemed to have the same body build in the older games =/

If there was one SNK characters I could have in this game it'd be this manly fellow-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8y9k5uWTyg#t=605s

I agree. Clark & Ralf man the shock of it all.

BadWolf

I love the new art direction, its like they went back to the drawing board and tried to make each character feel unique in look and body type. Athena, Mai, Yuri, King, Ralf, Maxima, Ash, Duolon, Kensou etc. all have distinct builds and styles. This especially shows when comparing to other games like SF. Look at Ryu/Ken/Akuma who look almost like palette swaps and then at Ryo/Robert/Takuma who look so different. This extends to pretty much the entire cast in the new art direction (save for Clark/Ralf, you have that Arnold/Stallone thing going).

Seeing as the avatars got reset this is my perfect excuse to make myself a KoFXIII avatar. Does anyone still have that link to all the KoFi pics?

Tizoc

Seeing as the avatars got reset this is my perfect excuse to make myself a KoFXIII avatar. Does anyone still have that link to all the KoFi pics?

Oh yeah you're right the avatars don't show up.
So could someone make me a Sambrero KoF XIII av please?

I love the new art direction, its like they went back to the drawing board and tried to make each character feel unique in look and body type. Athena, Mai, Yuri, King, Ralf, Maxima, Ash, Duolon, Kensou etc. all have distinct builds and styles. This especially shows when comparing to other games like SF. Look at Ryu/Ken/Akuma who look almost like palette swaps and then at Ryo/Robert/Takuma who look so different. This extends to pretty much the entire cast in the new art direction (save for Clark/Ralf, you have that Arnold/Stallone thing going).

Yep i don't like how some of the chars look but overall i do think they are nice.
Also it's soon time to make people fear those angry meat buns (moeblob faces) chars .

Don't think they got reset. They just got turned off to decrease forum load.

Well, I'm sure they turned them off and then back on again, which is why nobody has one right now, but the option to upload one is still there so I don't think they're off currently.

Edit: Read through the update thread. Nevermind then...

d0c_zaius

I picked this up last night, and was really surprised how much better it is over the previous KOF.Story mode is awesome, and once installed, it runs pretty well.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Most are saying it's on par with SF4, though. Honestly, it's hard to tell until the game is out.

Yup. Early buyers' thoughts on the online are all over the place. I keep reading that's better than MvC3 was online, and if that's the case the game will be a keeper for me.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Yup. Early buyers' thoughts on the online are all over the place. I keep reading that's better than MvC3 was online, and if that's the case the game will be a keeper for me.

Can someone tell me how good/bad MvC3 and SF4:AE online was? I skipped both of those game for blazblue =/

Fersis

I cant see any avatar so i guess that Omega Evilore disable them?

Grokbu

Can someone tell me how good/bad MvC3 and SF4:AE online was? I skipped both of those game for blazblue =/

MvC3 was pretty bad. A lot of input delay and lower fps.

I personally think AE runs really well with the other Swedes I usually play with. I do hear that others find the netcode so-and-so, but I personally find that it works really well! Of course, my impressions might be different when playing with randoms in other countries, but I have no idea about their setups etc.

Now, these are just my opinions and netplay might behave differently where I live because of different infrastructure.

I am curious if they mean Vanilla SF4, though. Maybe that had a worse netcode?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

MVC 3, for me, was good for the basic chain combos and such, but it started to get worse when it came to specific timing stuff. Linking became more difficult, so it was a good few frames off. Nothing horrible by any means, I still put a lot of time into playing VS certain friends every once in a while.

SF4:AE, I found to be a bit better than original SFIV. SF's over-reliance on 1 frame links made it's flaws really stand out, but again, still very playable, just in that "no replacement for offline!" category.

I had a few horror stories with Blazblue too, really... It's very solid, and lets you have awesome games with the wider playerbase. That's the biggest difference of the codes, to me; Because almost any netcode, without horrid delay as a default, will let you play locals or kinda-near people fairly well.

KoF players seem to be finding KoF's netcode pretty bearable so far. Those who find good connections with locals report above-average performance, which is good to hear.

I am curious if they mean Vanilla SF4, though. Maybe that had a worse netcode?

Vanilla's links and stuff felt a bit harder to me, AE's were better, but only slightly. Which isn't that bad, considering it added spectator.

Oh, and never had FPS problems with Marvel 3 on Xbox 360.

Grokbu

Vanilla's links and stuff felt a bit harder to me, AE's were better, but only slightly. Which isn't that bad, considering it added spectator.
I see. Thanks for the clarification. Now I wonder which game they mean when they compare it to "SF4". Could be either.

Oh, and never had FPS problems with Marvel 3 on Xbox 360.

Oh? Well that's weird. I always had a lot lower FPS when playing online compared to offline.

I played on PS3 btw. So that might have had something to do with it, but I haven't heard anyone mention that this was exclusive to one console online.

Top Bottom