• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

MrBeggar said:
fighting random ppl net code is pretty much same...so far
my main beef is standing C forwardA/B into qcf A/C type comboss always come out
as F, HCF P..
...... both on stick and pad.
maybe its just me but im curious to see if anyone has that problem.

Like, if you were Ryo, would a Haohshokoken come out or just his dp?

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'm just glad they're not making me pay $5 for Billy Kane.

No, but it's still an option if you want to give SNK your money XD

Yeah, SFIV did everything wrong.

That's why there's no scene for it anymore and it died out.

At least put some effort in your trolls, takehomebandit.

Shadow780 said:
How you gonna hate MI with a babe like this:

5x7Vhl.jpg
Rufus from SF4's outfit was based on her's.

Grokbu

luka said:
so i guess sprite filtering options are a no go. haven't heard anything either way
I can't say for sure as I don't have it yet. But I seem to recall that this is the case, yes.

RSLYG

MrBeggar said:
fighting random ppl net code is pretty much same...so far
my main beef is standing C forwardA/B into qcf A/C type comboss always come out
as F, HCF P..
...... both on stick and pad.
maybe its just me but im curious to see if anyone has that problem.

I get that probs sometimes, that because you input the qcf from the b, try press down after forward A/B

that 3D KoF short anime clip from years ago wasn't so bad. i didn't know what was going on but i wished they would do another one with a more traditional cast.

Tizoc

Fersis said:
LOLZ GEMZ

You know i really really like Capcom FG games but UMvC3 releasing less than a year after MvC3 and 'mashing buttons is a mechanic'
? Did u watch Maximillian's mashing vid? The extra damage for Lvl. 1 supers is 25% extra damage. Supers will do normal damage without mashing.

and SFxT gems makes me sigh
You can play SFxT without gems you know.

Unlocking characters in fighting games is so archiac guys; sure it was fun back in the day, I would know since I liked it too, but nowadays with online gaming allowing us to expand the MP experience, players just want the characters available right away instead of spending a few hours unlocking them.

Unlocking artwork, etc. through SP is fine I guess, but unlocking them via MP is still good too.
I'm just playing XIII's stor mode for the trophies =V

SolarKnight said:
But you said 3D...

Oh well, there were only 4 5 minute episodes of that btw.

i forgot the name of the 3D KoF series, that's why i called it simply 3D. you said it yourself, it's called MI. simple misunderstanding.

N4Us

I don't mind unlocking characters if it's really quick, like beat arcade mode or whatever.

Vanilla SF4 was the worst about it, I don't think I ever unlocked Gouken or Seth because a random CPU would ruin my perfect or I'd fuck up an Ultra before the round ended.

haunts said:
edit: holy shit never do a google search fro buster wolf w/o safe search on. lmfao. WAT

I never learn. (ps bustah wolf is cleaner)

Tizoc

N4Us said:
I don't mind unlocking characters if it's really quick, like beat arcade mode or whatever.

Vanilla SF4 was the worst about it, I don't think I ever unlocked Gouken or Seth because a random CPU would ruin my perfect or I'd fuck up an Ultra before the round ended.
Eh, set difficulty to easy, 1 round and then go and paly, that's how I unlocked everyone.

N4Us

Tizoc said:
Eh, set difficulty to easy, 1 round and then go and paly, that's how I unlocked everyone.

Even on those settings I still did awful. But then again this was back when I was ass at SF4 so it might've been different these days.

^ Yeah I would.

Tizoc

N4Us said:
Even on those settings I still did awful. But then again this was back when I was ass at SF4 so it might've been different these days.

^ Yeah I would.
Heh, could be. SF4 handled normally to me but by then I had played plenty of fighters and getting into SF4 was easy for me.

On the stream: Will u be using TwitchTV? Cuz I can never get a vid on that site to play for m ;.;

mollipen

Criminal Upper said:
Wait, so...you don't like single player at all?

Jesus.

Haha, no! I didn't mean it like that. It's just that I ended up having little interest in GTA IV's single player portion, while I loved the multiplayer side of the game. I enjoy plenty of single-player games. It just seems to be rare where I find a game that I care about in terms of both of those. Usually, I'm either-or. (Uncharted 2 was a big exception to this.)

GhaleonQ said:
Do you still dislike extensive single-player modes if the a.i. is such that it forces you to be creative, fight differently, and experiment with new characters and styles?

I've never once found an AI in a fighting game that I thought was any fun to play.

Do you only dislike single-player unlocking when you're familiar with the gameplay? If this was The King Of Fighters 1 instead of 13 and if you hadn't played previous S.N.K. titles, would you appreciate it as an extended training mode?

If I'm going to get training, I'll do it online. As I mentioned, Street Fighter IV is the first time that I've forced myself to seriously sit down and learn a Street Fighter game, versus playing it casually and never really trying to get "good". I see absolutely no use for playing the single player portion of SFIV for that with one exception—going into practice and actually learning how to do moves and what things can connect. When it comes time to put my skills to the test, the only way I care to do so is against other humans.

Anything that forces me to spend time playing the game in any mode where I'm not playing against another human being when that's what I want to be doing is, to me, a complete waste of my time. If I come at those modes out of desire—great. If I do so because I have to in order to broader my multiplayer experience, that is the game actively working to make me not have fun.

Doesn't a game like The King Of Fighters, which is based around set teams and a bit of a plot, lead you to think of it as more than just "versus edit teams" bashing each other?

Personally... I enjoy KOF the most when it's just 1v1, versus team-based 3v3. *heh* Beyond that, I absolutely do not care about storylines in fighting games. They're meaningless to me, and not at all relevant to what I want from the game.

It's like... if I said I wanted chess to have a storyline. I don't care. I want to sit down against another human and have that back-and-forth competition.

I suppose this also answers your fourth question.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Sure, it's not HUGE news, but I find this pretty cool: As the Prof notes on MMCafe, PSNProfiles has full sized version of the Trophy / Achievement images from the game. You can clearly see, now, that SNKP at least made a single sprite frame for each of these characters, which is pretty cool!

Rose
3L702abf.png
12L7be064.png
Adel
Mukai
44Le304e4.png
30L6e7069.png
Shion
Heidern
16L5852d7.png
4L748892.png
Magaki
Nest Kyo
28Lbc8c0c.png
29Laa72d8.png
Botan
Rimelo & Shroom
41L32fea4.png
6L1fa6cb.png
Mr. Karate

Hope for future DLC for some of them? XD They all look so awesome in the HD sprite style... and Shion is even more confusing! Haha.

N4Us

Damn, I want Heidern and Shion playable in this game. Forget Bridget and Ash, Shion was the first confusion for me.

Grokbu

Criminal Upper said:
If anyone could pick ONE absent SNK fighter to appear in XIII as DLC or whatever, who would it be?

Me?

Dat Blue Mary
Oh man, that's pretty hard. I think I'd pick Gato.

On second thought. B. Mary.

Nonono. Heavy D!

No wait! Hotaru!

NEO0MJ

Criminal Upper said:
If anyone could pick ONE absent SNK fighter to appear in XIII as DLC or whatever, who would it be?

Me?

Dat Blue Mary

blue_mary_and_friends.jpg

Rugal, as long as the go with his classy CvS look.

TreIII

Criminal Upper said:

Tizoc (the guy below, not the GAF poster! :lol)

tizoc-gfix.jpg

My fave char from MOTW, and easily one of my fave characters to play overall. Plus, I think he would make a good "Face" rival to balance Raiden's "Heel".

Criminal Upper said:

Wish Listing
Mignon Beart
Angel
Rick Strowd
Moe Habana
Alfred Airhawk
Tsugumi Sendo
Hon Fu
Franco Bash

But if we're talking characters that can actually benefit from XIII's systems I can only think of 1...Gai Tendou. HD would benefit him so much with extended combos. He really doesn't need any real changes from XI. All they'd need to do is to just expand his chains and how they work and this is a winner.

Takuan

Yashiro, for me. Yamazaki an extremely close second.

Added myself to the list. Big ups to Fersis for getting that started. Google Docs is amazing.

Edit: Forgot about Vanessa. She was a lot of fun.

Top Bottom