• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

I can't get my avatar to change for some reason :|

3jPBV.png

It shows up fine so I have no idea what's going on...

mollipen

Can't believe I've not asked this: does this game have a fight request mode, like SF4 and MVC3? Meaning, I can play arcade or training and it searches for matches for me?

Yes. But you have to actually go into the online multiplayer section in order to find the option. It offers both Arcade and Practice for that option. I didn't actually try the option myself, though, because I was playing when only media had copies (thus there was nobody who would even try jumping into my game).

Yes. But you have to actually go into the online multiplayer section in order to find the option. It offers both Arcade and Practice for that option. I didn't actually try the option myself, though, because I was playing when only media had copies (thus there was nobody who would even try jumping into my game).

Fight request is really good to hear.

Oh man I can't wait to have this in my hands. The last one I played was XI which is where Elisabeth was introduced and I immediately loved her everything. It sucks that Blue Mary isn't in this one though (DLC maybe?) so now I have an empty spot in my primary team that I have to fill (Mai, Elisabeth).

N4Us

Reminder of final ranbats for KOF 13 arcade edition later today on IPlayWinner. Who knows, you might see some old faces return.

DLC characters. Thanks to shinefist of DreamCancel.

Mr. Karate NeoMax

Mr karate changes and neo max
1) gained f+A command attack, canned 3 hit leftrightleft punch that is comboable into and from.
2) Ko'oh-ken is KOF2k2 Takuma style. Both A and C vers will combo. C ver does not guardcrush.
3) C ver Ko'oh-ken has a 'followup dash' (doubletap forward) that lets you cancel the recovery with a short dash forward... corner combo fun here.
4) C ver Kohou (dp+C) is brakable (A+B to brake).
5) new move, Hakyoujin (qcb+P), which is a high or low Geese style counter.
6) regained Shorankyaku (hcb+K) knee rush, with all properties from KOF98.
7) Hienshippukyaku (hcf+K) is an AIR MOVE only.
8) DM's are HSKK, Ryukoranbu, and Marco's big shiny uppercut from Garou MOTW.

Nests Kyo NeoMax

Changes vs regular Kyo:

1) ex Kototsuki is no longer a command grab, it's a short rush and grab. He does not have the Hikigane (boo).
2) df+D 1hit no longer cancellable
3) close C, f+B combos, and is comboable from ala KOF2k1. This will be his main combo starter.
4) ex Oniyaki does not rise into the air, and only hits 6 times vs 10 from regular Kyo
5) ex firefist is the Dokugami (qcf+C) and the final dp+C hit has the properties of the ex Oniyaki
6) lost Air Orochinagi
7) Gained Mu Shiki, cB, cA, Mu Shiki works ala KOF97/98
8) Neomax IS comboable from close C, f+B, regardless of how the startup looks.
9) 75 Kai (qcf+K,K) is no longer automatic, both K's must be manually input like in old KOF. Range of the move is far shorter than regular Kyo, and it comes out slower like in KOF2k. You can drivecancel it from qcf+C for jugglefuns.
10) rdp+K is the R.E.D Kick as expected, overheads.

Hey guys. I'm not working on release day, so I'll be doing alot of online play to test the netcode and share my impressions after I get out of my university.

I hope we get the chat going so we can gauge properly. I friends all over so I'll hoepfully have some very detail results to share.

I repeat myself but for reference I'm on the east coast in south Florida.

Would you still want him if he was low tier? ;)

Considering how good SNK/P rebalances their games: he won't be low tier, maybe not high tier either. But to answer your question: Yes. I like the character itself. Sure, my first time I picked him because of how broken he was, but in the end I think he is really cool.

GrayFoxPL

Considering how good SNK/P rebalances their games: he won't be low tier, maybe not high tier either. But to answer your question: Yes. I like the character itself. Sure, my first time I picked him because of how broken he was, but in the end I think he is really cool.

We don't really know how balanced are dlc chars yet and arcade game was dominated by K' and Raiden without proper rebalancing, so I wouldn't praise them too much just yet.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
First off, I'm sorry this info leaked. Wish SNKP got a chance to reveal it themselves. :( *moment of silence...*

... But now, to react...

MR. KARATE SOUNDS AWESOME! He's full of Marco Garou + Crazy Takuma 98 + 2K2 shenanigans! Add in a new Crazy 3 hit command normal, fricking counters... He's almost everything I love about Kyokugen characters in KoFs, AoF, and Garou, all in one, lol.

And he's got a new stance too, which no other EX character has... so that's also cool:)

Both their neomax's reuse frames of animation, but I'm ok with that here. Kyo's looks incredibly cool, and Karate's does have a pet peeve of mine (Special effects to hid reused animation!) but at least the effects look new!

Kyo sounds very interesting, but... I can't really get into his changes without seeing how they flow.

I like how they both have some new, interesting changes that are unlike anything they've had in old games. It's nice to see how unique they can be, even with somewhat limited resources.

Will make a Marco Mr. Karate, and will use him nearly always. XD

So ... do I have to pay for Flame Iori/Nest Kyo/Mr. Karate to get access to their respective stages? Frankly I'm hoping that there's a way to get access to the stages separately.

There are videos of matches being played on those stages.

Do you have the game already?

Just call me paranoid I suppose. I really really REALLY like Esaka 96 and I just want to confirm that the stage is in game without having to grab the wallet and fork over some extra cash to get access to. Frankly I'd never seen anything of Iori 95 (stage), Esaka, or Temple in any gameplay footage that showed off stage select up to this point so I just want to get the 100% that its in game.

So ... people with the game ... is it? Or are they restricted based on needing to buy the specific DLC character? Are they unlockable in game through any means? This certainly won't be effecting whether or not I buy the game but I'd be disappointed if I were required to pay for characters I don't want just for their respective stages. :p

Eh...maybe its the quality of the video (hard for me to tell what's going on) but those Neomaxes were pretty meh.

I have to agree. None of them really caught my eye and I'm kind of surprised that SNK skimped out on the neomaxes for characters they expect people to pay for.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
window boobs was mad hype and no one will ever know. I feel liek 13 yrs old again after that shit.

you're steppin your shit up but damn you pick hard characters to play. I think console will help but you should also tier whore it out a bit and pick at least one auto pilot character.

N4Us

you're steppin your shit up but damn you pick hard characters to play. I think console will help but you should also tier whore it out a bit and pick at least one auto pilot character.

Yeah, for console I'm mostly focusing on Ash/Beni and a third. I'm pretty much done with Leona once console hits.

Tizoc

Mr. Karate and EX Kyo vids-
http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/20/king-of-fighters-xiii-mr-karate-and-nests-kyo-dlc-footage/

Not liking the animation for his NEOMAX, I get that they want it to be him doing the TIGAAAAAAAAAAA CHOP! but it would've looked muuuuuuuuuuuuuch cooler if it was a short range attack:
Mr. Karate does knee attack to the opponent and they crumble, then a slow mo of him raising his hand to do TIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CHOP! Oh and lose the energy flashes.

Nice that EX Kyo got his flame geyser from MI2/Reg A though.

Olaeh

Watching you guys play today got me even more hyped for this. Awesome matches :)

Just a little over 1 day to go!!

We don't really know how balanced are dlc chars yet and arcade game was dominated by K' and Raiden without proper rebalancing, so I wouldn't praise them too much just yet.

Well, they have done a really good job with 98UM and 2002UM. And the changes for XIII looks promising. Also sad they're doing EX Character for dlc instead of "new" ones.

I really hope they're doing another Last Blade with the new sprites.

Top Bottom