• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Wanna pick this up. Are there any characters that can be learned easily? I'm already juggling SFxT, MK, and AE as it is. Plus, I ALWAYS play ST and HDR.

I ask because its 3v3 and I'd like to at least be a mediocre/decent player quickly. I always have great fundamentals and spacing in every game I play, but my execution is not amazing and it takes me time to adapt to game-specific engine features.

From this FAQ

Q:"What characters are good for beginners to utilize?"
A:For beginners - Terry, Andy, Robert, King, EX Iori, Athena, Shen, and Kensou are generally considered to be very beginner-friendly.

I'd also add regular Kyo to that list too.

The engine features you're going to want to learn first and foremost are hops, jumps, rolls, running, and guard cancelling.

Went to Next Level today for the local tourney for the first time. Feels so different man, choked so bad haha @@

I need to go out and play offline more often.

It really does, It feels like you have to input everything at half the speed, so you really need to casuals if you are used to online.

I picked up Daimon recently... why didn't anyone tell me how fun this shit was? I feel left out. XD

He gives everyone the D.

I thought most people would've seen some mid-level footage of him and realized how much he dominates. Just like Clark was hot for a few last year, Daimon should've had his time in the sun.

I thought most people would've seen some mid-level footage of him and realized how much he dominates. Just like Clark was hot for a few last year, Daimon should've had his time in the sun.

Well I never really dropped Clark since I've been comfortable using him since day one and think he's really good overall. It's just that lately I've been trying to figure out which characters had the strongest emphasis on fundamentals (having turned to several people for advice, I'm going to settle on Ralf/Daimon/Iori), and well, those normals are really something. I do remember KOF veterans in my area playing Daimon in the early days of the game only to drop him a while after that.

Speaking of Iori, I'm finally getting the hang of HD combos off a regular command grab, that was kinda troublesome for some reason.

Shadow780

Got back in one piece! That neighborhood looks dangerous. Good thing I drove. :lol

Manage to find someone from one of the closed arcades years ago, damn still going strong with KOF, good times.

Oh the matches? I got bodied :( These guys have great reaction time.

kdash7

I have finally started playing KOFXIII with the TE Arcade stick and its finally growing on me, still a noob though. Earlier I used to play with a SFIV gamepad.

Is there anyone from the West Coast who still plays KOFXIII online? On XBL. I would really love to play with the pros. I tried looking for matching..but dangit..no one around!! Is there a XBL player list somewhere who I can have a match with?

I have finally started playing KOFXIII with the TE Arcade stick and its finally growing on me, still a noob though. Earlier I used to play with a SFIV gamepad.

Is there anyone from the West Coast who still plays KOFXIII online? On XBL. I would really love to play with the pros. I tried looking for matching..but dangit..no one around!! Is there a XBL player list somewhere who I can have a match with?

Try This.

Yeah, can't say I was that good after 4 days of playing. Also thinking about switching from Terry to Claw because his command grab is easy to do and the potential with it seems great.

You can even HD combo off the regular version so yeah, all of his offensive options are about equally dangerous. You don't even have to go for the hardest variant for it to be worth it, command grab -> df C -> HDA -> level 1 (or 2) super to Neomax is fine.

You can even HD combo off the regular version so yeah, all of his offensive options are about equally dangerous. You don't even have to go for the hardest variant for it to be worth it, command grab -> df C -> HDA -> level 1 (or 2) super to Neomax is fine.

Yeah I'm sure the damage output is up there. I'm just trying to get used to the timings of his bnbs, it feels like it's just quicker than what I'm used to.

I'm not going to ECT but I will be going to a regional in North Carolina this Saturday. Competing in SSF4: AE and KoF XIII. Pretty sure I'm going to get bodied but it will help me get a lot of experience. Since school is done for now I can play this game a lot more.

ggs Shadow, thanks for the bodying lol. The connection was better than what I expected between the two of us though, better than most of the online matches I've had in this game.

I went 0-2 in KoF XIII at the tournament I went to yesterday. Only seven people entered the tournament. The first guy I fought was really scary, used Raiden, Daimon, and Clark. I got destroyed by his Raiden and his Daimon. He seems to enjoy playing glappers because he also has a Ralf. He took 2nd, and the guy who took first used King and Kim, the last character I can't remember. I did get in a ton of casuals at the tournament and at a friends place. Also realized that I'm weak against Clark and grappler characters, and that I need to punish Duo Lon's rekkas.

Edit:

Friend uploaded the grand finals set. Check it out if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js78Ac82oQo&feature=youtu.be

So I wanted to take a peek into KoF XIII as, while I'm not a huge fighter player my friends and me always enjoy playing them. Though can somebody explain why there is such a seemingly huge pricing difference between the PS3 and 360 version in Europe? A new 360 copy would cost me 9.99€ while a new PS3 copy goes for 25-30€ everywhere I looked :/

I do have both consoles though I'm the only one around my friends that also has a 360 so a PS3 copy would make things much easier as far as carrying things around is concerned.

Loona

I'm not sure about the reason behind the price difference, but have you checked the price on PSN as well just in case? The whole game's there, and I think there's a special pack with all the DLC included as well.

I'm not sure about the reason behind the price difference, but have you checked the price on PSN as well just in case? The whole game's there, and I think there's a special pack with all the DLC included as well.

Oh thanks I haven't even thought of that :eek: 15€ is cheap enough and downloading 2GB is okay for downloading at a friends place with my account whenever we want to play it :D

shaowebb

Im still hoping for the KoF titles discovered in the Steam Community searches to be announced. God I'd like to see KoF with good netcode.

stn

Planning to get this game very soon, have been looking at the characters for my potential team. How is Joe Higashi? Is he easy to pick up? I played him in the demo, felt good. Is he rush-down? Zoning? Does he require strict execution? Thanks.

Planning to get this game very soon, have been looking at the characters for my potential team. How is Joe Higashi? Is he easy to pick up? I played him in the demo, felt good. Is he rush-down? Zoning? Does he require strict execution? Thanks.

Joe is sort of a balanced mix of rush down and zoning. His execution isn't as strict as some others, unless you're trying to get a corner stun combo out of him maybe. Also check out Hwa Jai too, as a more rush-down version of Joe. Would be nice to see more Joe players though.

BadWolf

Joe is excellent.

He can vary between good zoning and safe pressure. Outside of the corner stun combos his combos aren't complex and do solid damage. He is also one of the most effective characters for getting option select drive cancel damage. His EX anti-air is one of the best in the game.

Highly recommend him.

I have a neogaf account now, I'm stoked.

I had a question for you guys. Do you think there's many other avenues left as far as me getting the word out about my stream? I got twitter and facebook down, I'm listed on eventhubs as well. People regularly come in and say "I didn't know you streamed".

What's left?

I'm working on Youtube already.

I had a question for you guys. Do you think there's many other avenues left as far as me getting the word out about my stream? I got twitter and facebook down, I'm listed on eventhubs as well. People regularly come in and say "I didn't know you streamed".

What's left?

Welcome to NeoGaf Juicebox. Here can be a good place to let players know about your stream. If you're already doing DreamCancel, maybe another KOF centric site like Orochinagi maybe. I'm assuming you've already put notice up on SRK, so I really can't think of any common place to get things down. I'd suggest iplaywinner, but I really don't know how much traffic they get.

Nyoro SF

Welcome to NeoGaf Juicebox. Here can be a good place to let players know about your stream. If you're already doing DreamCancel, maybe another KOF centric site like Orochinagi maybe. I'm assuming you've already put notice up on SRK, so I really can't think of any common place to get things down. I'd suggest iplaywinner, but I really don't know how much traffic they get.

EventHubs has always provided a solid boost to streamers. They already have Juice in their stream list though.

I would just stay active on twitter and facebook as much as possible.

BadWolf

What's left?

Try contacting the person who makes the weekly fighting game threads (enzo_gt) and ask if he can add your stream to the OP.

Hey guys,

I'm new here. My boyfriend loves this game, what is the best game in the series? I bought him the compilation on Wii and I think 2001/2002 on PS2. I saw the new Guilty Gear Xrd sign game and that looks similar. I try to get hom to play other games but it seems he just likes fighters. Maybe I can get hom MvC3 Ultimate?

Loona

Hey guys,

I'm new here. My boyfriend loves this game, what is the best game in the series? I bought him the compilation on Wii and I think 2001/2002 on PS2.

Can't go wrong with KoF XIII - it's on PS3, 360, and it looks like a team version should become available eventually.

For a bigger cast there's also KoF 2002 Unlimited Match, which is available on 360 and is rumored to also be on the pipeline for Steam after XIII.

KoF XI is also a nice choice that uses tag teams instead of the traditional one-at-a-time team system, but AFAIK it's only on PS2.

Maybe I can get hom MvC3 Ultimate?

Why would you do that?.... :(

Top Bottom