• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

*unzips pants*

Now all I need is K' and my team is all set. Juicebox you are awesome. I miss watching your streams. You still finding youtube clips and announcing them on stream?

I stream every weekday right after work, which is around 2PM pacific. I'm recording theswe live then uploading. I stream other games sometimes but not too often. I will be streaming SCV more as I attempt to learn it.

shaowebb

I stream every weekday right after work, which is around 2PM pacific. I'm recording theswe live then uploading. I stream other games sometimes but not too often. I will be streaming SCV more as I attempt to learn it.

Awesome. I remember awhile back watching a stream where you were talking to the chat and having folks send matches and you'd announce the things as you played them on youtube. It was pretty great. Miss seeing you dancing around for fighters. You and Hellpockets are probably the hypest announcers this game could find and hype announcing does a ton for fighters. Injustice announcers currently are boring me to tears on their streams.

EDIT: I'm watching your stream live now. Great Kensou stuff in there. God Damn that dude needs to hit confirm or he's dead. Not Fei Long like I thought at all. So want to see him on the mashable punch blow up and win on the 3 slow punches on chip. Stupid move but it'd be a hilarious way to end a match by winning on chip with those last ones...especially since you can punish in between them lol. BTW that is exciting Kensou stuff seeing you can quarter forward forward to run up and then go into half back to pop the fireball after a pretty long run. Knowing I can stop halfway through that fireball's motion and choose to run up and then cancel into the rest of it is AWESOME.

DOUBLE EDIT: Thanks for breaking down how different the projectile game is in KOF from SF for me. You cant jump over fireballs because projectile recovery is faster in this game and it'll get you AA-ed and you cant turtle at full screen since folks will use them to setup runups. When someone is on the ground chuck it because they have no options for it and it'll get you in as opposed to options they gain when standing. This is pretty different getting used to strategies on projectiles that recover fast.

shaowebb

You are awesome sir. I mentioned you were in here to Lemaximillian in hopes he'll check out your guides and hear your explanations on character uses and general KoF Strategy. Im hoping he picks the game back up and starts putting it back into his mix of content again. Last time he picked it up after EVO it never really did much and I'd like to hope it could click with him still given he didn't have a whole lot of experience available to him with KoF XIII to help him break into it.

Even if he doesn't pick it up though thanks for this stuff. It helps tremendously and Gaf really needed it. We should probably PM the OP to add these to the OT on the first page.

BadWolf

Fantastic videos Juicebox, great for not only learning to play the characters but fighting against them as well.

In regards to EX Kyo, I would really appreciate it if someone could check something for me (since I haven't bought the character). I was mashing Chin's sA in an EX Kyo player's face on wakeup and he did the EX run grab. Thought I was screwed but oddly enough the sA mashing beat the guard point. The first sA activated the guard point and the next sA interrupted the grab. If someone could confirm if this is legit or a fluke that would be great.

Oh and just a note on Takuma's EX fireball when doing it with with BD (the one with guard point), its guard point activates around the first frame unlike the regular version. You can check this by doing it between Kyo's up kicks, the regular version will lose but the EX version won't (just like Chin and Maxima's guard points).

Fantastic videos Juicebox, great for not only learning to play the characters but fighting against them as well.

In regards to EX Kyo, I would really appreciate it if someone could check something for me (since I haven't bought the character). I was mashing Chin's sA in an EX Kyo player's face on wakeup and he did the EX run grab. Thought I was screwed but oddly enough the sA mashing beat the guard point. The first sA activated the guard point and the next sA interrupted the grab. If someone could confirm if this is legit or a fluke that would be great.

Oh and just a note on Takuma's EX fireball when doing it with with BD (the one with guard point), its guard point activates around the first frame unlike the regular version. You can check this by doing it between Kyo's up kicks, the regular version will lose but the EX version won't (just like Chin and Maxima's guard points).

I can't get two st.A's to connect. I'm always getting the guard point to trigger, then the hit connects before a 2nd st.A is possible.

It's possible you hit him after the guard point is over, which is before he finishes his forward movement.

BadWolf

I can't get two st.A's to connect. I'm always getting the guard point to trigger, then the hit connects before a 2nd st.A is possible.

It's possible you hit him after the guard point is over, which is before he finishes his forward movement.

Ah I see, thanks man.

EDIT:

Just watched this, really good stuff.

A few notes:

- Why do you skip the fwd+A after you enter HD in the screen carry combo? You do sD, fwd+A, HD, sD and then go immediately into the EX HCB+K. If you do the fwd+A again then it becomes a 100% screen carry combo. It works even if you start it with Ryo touching the wall with his back.

- The 3 bar screen carry combo is good but you get very similar damage if you just do sD, fwd+A, HD, sD, fwd+A, QCF+C [supercancel] Ranbu [maxcancel] neomax. You get 821 damage with far less risk and effort, about 805 if you skip the fireball. Works anywhere on the screen.

- His EX HCB+K is a beast of a move, the main reason to fear the cancellation window on his sD. It can also go over ground fireballs and net you a combo in the process from a pretty good range.

- The EX HCB+K into the DP part of his bnb combo can be done with the light DP as well, its actually less risky (if you miss) and easier I think. Only difference is you end up with a little less damage on the HCB+D that you will drive cancel into.

- HCB+B is about 5 frames and is an excellent reversal.

Ah I see, thanks man.

EDIT:

Just watched this, really good stuff.

A few notes:

- Why do you skip the fwd+A after you enter HD in the screen carry combo? You do sD, fwd+A, HD, sD and then go immediately into the EX HCB+K. If you do the fwd+A again then it becomes a 100% screen carry combo. It works even if you start it with Ryo touching the wall with his back.

- The 3 bar screen carry combo is good but you get very similar damage if you just do sD, fwd+A, HD, sD, fwd+A, QCF+C [supercancel] Ranbu [maxcancel] neomax. You get 821 damage with far less risk and effort, about 805 if you skip the fireball. Works anywhere on the screen.

- His EX HCB+K is a beast of a move, the main reason to fear the cancellation window on his sD. It can also go over ground fireballs and net you a combo in the process from a pretty good range.

- The EX HCB+K into the DP part of his bnb combo can be done with the light DP as well, its actually less risky (if you miss) and easier I think. Only difference is you end up with a little less damage on the HCB+D that you will drive cancel into.

- HCB+B is about 5 frames and is an excellent reversal.

Why did I skip the F+A? I honestly have no clue. I was pretty tired when I recorded this.

Feel free to post this HD combo as a comment on the video, it will be helpful if beginners come across it.

Shadow780

Fuck I am so bad right now, went to Bum's house yesterday and got annihilated.

This is terrible with one month away from EVO lol.

Really hopes the steam version is good.

BadWolf

Even more Japanese players are confirmed for Evo, including Haregoro. Courtesy of Sharnt from dreamcancel:

Ogosho, Koukou, Kaoru, Wuu, Tokido, Mago, Picnic, Kantoku, Sange and Haregoro are officially coming to the EVO this year.

With this the Evo will really be a KOF 13 World Championship.

This year's tournament looks like it will be nuts.

For reference, Sange and Picnic were both part of the two teams that ended up in the grand final at the SNK V-1 Final tournament.

To get there, both their teams had to go against the two remaining Korean teams during the semi-final. Sange, who has an excellent Leona and Ryo, took out Verna/Lacid out all by himself iirc. MadKOF/Guts lost to Rinomoto/Picnic.

Shadow780

Even more Japanese players are confirmed for Evo, including Haregoro. Courtesy of Sharnt from dreamcancel:

This year's tournament looks like it will be nuts.

For reference, Sange and Picnic were both part of the two teams that ended up in the grand final at the SNK V-1 Final tournament.

To get there, both their teams had to go against the two remaining Korean teams during the semi-final. Sange, who has an excellent Leona and Ryo, took out Verna/Lacid out all by himself iirc. MadKOF/Guts lost to Rinomoto/Picnic.

Man too bad Bala can't be there. Is there gonna be team match? USA vs Korea vs Japan vs Mexico is gonna be so awesome!

BadWolf

Man too bad Bala can't be there. Is there gonna be team match? USA vs Korea vs Japan vs Mexico is gonna be so awesome!

It really is the saddest thing, he is a whole different beast now, his new main team consists of the entire Sakazaki family.

Don't know if there will be any team events but I'm really hoping they happen like last time, would be a great chance for them to scout each other out (and to sandbag, like Madkof did last year lol).

Thinking about getting this off PSN since it is cheaper than Amazon. Is there any reason not to get the digital version other than not having the physical copy?

Loona

I can't think of any - I like the series, so I got it physical early on, and the euro version had a reversible cover to help you stick with preferred artwork.

EVO schedules are announced, and KoF takes most of saturday with finals on sunday - I'm taking this as a good sign, although AFAIK there are still no official numbers on entries.

BadWolf

Its pretty surprising how much Tokido has leveled up, not only did he make it to SEA's grand finals but he took out Xian (who was a thorn in both Romance and Reynald's sides) 3-0.

Ren took it pretty convincingly though and incorporated the Benimaru and Iori infinites into his combos. Granted he makes sure to burn all his drive before doing Iori's, its still pretty impressive. At one point they did a player cam when he was doing it and he went all out on that stick, even Tokido was enjoying the show lol.

EVO schedules are announced, and KoF takes most of saturday with finals on sunday - I'm taking this as a good sign, although AFAIK there are still no official numbers on entries.

Me too, I thought it would get shafted for sure when they said they would spread the finals over the days.

No concrete numbers but so far there are more entrants for XIII than Mortal Kombat and Tekken. No t-shirts this time either :p

I can't think of any - I like the series, so I got it physical early on, and the euro version had a reversible cover to help you stick with preferred artwork.

Cool, I'll probably buy it sometime this week. I have to get an arcade stick soon as well.

Shadow780

Pools start at 8AM?! I hope my pool is later since Friday is open now to .....um..... experience Vegas.

Ken

Any tips on doing Elizabeth's dpC dpAx2? The wiki says whiffing a sB after dpC helps but I still end up missing dpA. So far I just guess and get the combo a few times but that doesn't seem reliable or efficient.

Any tips on doing Elizabeth's dpC dpAx2? The wiki says whiffing a sB after dpC helps but I still end up missing dpA. So far I just guess and get the combo a few times but that doesn't seem reliable or efficient.

Try a short run after dpC, that's how I get it most consistently. You want to hit them with that first dpA at the height you would hit them if they were standing on the ground, basically.

Shadow780

Thanks, some of the pools are STACKED this year, too much hype already. Japan pretty much emptied out their army trying to take the Koreans down.

_dazed

Any of you guys are going to play at EVO? Love to play some of you during that weekend.

I'm going to EVO this year. I've always wanted to go and I figured with melee being available this was the year to do it! haha. I expect to get bodied, but I am sure it'll be a blast anyway.

BadWolf

The CEO top 8 was really nice, Reynald takes another one.

Xian losing steam a little, seems ppl are downloading him. Looks like he put in some time into incorporating the Iori infinite into his combos after Ren went to town with them last week at SEA. Needs way more practice though, he's anything but consistent so far and was losing out on a lot of damage as a result.

Oh and the impression I'm getting is that no one in the US is consistent with Benimaru's lightning loops, unlike Taiwan (Ren) and Japan (Shoki and more). There is actually a vid of Shoki in practice mode practicing these and he can do the infinite all the way from start to finish (over 99 hits iirc for a KO).

Romance did some commentating and said that he hasn't been practicing much recently and is just playing for his own and the viewers' fun, which I would have no problem with usually but not when we are less than 2 weeks away from EVO. I really want him and Reynald to make it to top 8.

He also said that he and the Answer are organizing a tournament this week which will feature a lot of good players, including those coming from Mexico for Evo. Really looking forward to this.

Thanks, some of the pools are STACKED this year, too much hype already. Japan pretty much emptied out their army trying to take the Koreans down.

Sucks for ppl entering but should make for one heck of a show.

Romance not playing much would explain Reynald running him over in parts of WF and GF. Which is kinda upsetting. We really need someone from this turf to win this tournament to make up for last year.

BadWolf

Japan strikes again, Ralf's stun combo in tournament (11:08):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0EqzcJY2EFY#t=668s

Benimaru stun combo in the same tournament (21:04):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z98AnIB6jMc#t=1264s

:(

Looking through the pools, as of now Zero Black/Tokido/Kula/Chris G are in the same pool.

Tokido should be a good test for Kula.

Based on what I've seen of Kula so far his team will probably consist of King, Karate and Flame Iori.

Japan strikes again, Ralf's stun combo in tournament (11:08):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0EqzcJY2EFY#t=668s

Benimaru stun combo in the same tournament (21:04):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z98AnIB6jMc#t=1264s

Would be amazing if we see things like that on the EVO stage. Would be just as hype as last year.

So Bala can't make it to EVO though? Is MadKOF and the other guys from CafeID going to be able to make it?

Edgeward

CafeID is going. Bala can't because of visa issues because he stayed too long last time, focusing more on tournaments south of USA.

BadWolf

http://www.twitch.tv/teamlago

Crazy grand final between Koopa and Bala, must watch.

Bala was using K'/King/Yuri in the winners final against Koopa and lost pretty bad. He used the same team in the grand final and was losing 0-2 until he changed to his main team of Ryo/Takuma/Yuri and then shit got real.

Frionel from France was there as well and did surprisingly well, took 3rd place.

They also had a slide up saying that Team Mexico will be hosting an invite only EVO Salty Suite from July 11th to July 14th.

Thanks man, been thinking of putting more time into him.

Top Bottom