• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

I would say GGs Shadow, but that was honestly really bad. Only talking about my execution of course. Lol. Just not used to KOF's online anymore, Inputs only come out the way I want them to when my inputs are super slow. Input errors all over the place(though this my fault rather than the netcode), and since I am playing you, they are punished severely.

Okay I am done whining now. Haha. Still really like this game though, compared to Tekken, you really have to earn your damage against better players. I am forced to think about what I should do get though your offense, take note of your mannerism, etc. You do the same in Tekken, but same aspects of the game make it so that don't really have to as much.

Shadow780

I was rusty as fuck and dropping shit left and right too lol. Really hope Steam rumor is true and with proper netcode it won't feel like inadequate inputs all the time. I feel you sometime moves just comes out a few frames later and almost impossible to react uppercut or hops, should really stick with fundamentals online and try not to pick up bad habits.

Shadow780

That Fersis troll, everybody in this thread should spit at him.

Its hard finding people to play as is on PSN and the higher your lvl the even harder it becomes, so I start from zero here and there.

There are some good high lv dudes out there, I've fought a few with good connections like you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can't get through the damn tutorial. Kyo's specials are impossible.

You and me both. That stupid NeoMax special or something like that stopped me from finishing the advanced tutorial.

Shadow780

Thanks, just in time for the GF!

Been playing a lot offline lately, switched to a Korean stick, and trying to convince friends to go to Vegas for EVO.

Played some casuals yesterday. I really haven't had the time to practice so I haven't improved much. Some people in my area will be going to Final Round so we will be meeting up for casuals once a week until then. Hopefully we continue that trend since we now have a good location to play. I brought the setup for KoF and I think everyone there spent some time with the game. Hopefully that gets them back into it. Wish I could go to FR though =(

BadWolf

http://www.twitch.tv/chetosgame

This one is better. The latest archive should have a sick BALA vs Kula Mexico (money?) match I think. BALA hasn't lost his touch at all.

Even Bala has jumped on the Hwa Jai train? Oh well.

His Takuma is still the best in the business (and was doing most of the work against Kula's team).

Wonder when he'll return to participate in US tournaments again, Romance has won two majors now in a dominating fashion but I don't think its a full on (best in the country type) win without Bala there.

Even Bala has jumped on the Hwa Jai train? Oh well.

His Takuma is still the best in the business (and was doing most of the work against Kula's team).

Wonder when he'll return to participate in US tournaments again, Romance has won two majors now in a dominating fashion but I don't think its a full on (best in the country type) win without Bala there.

He's been going top tier since the Atlus Fighting Champions ships, I want to say it because the guys at Socal have become much better at the game.

shaowebb

He's still playing SF. You can even catch CafeID streams of him playing online on twitch from time to time

Sweet. I dig his team BTW. Kim/Shen Woo/ Takuma

Huge pressure and meter build from Kim who can honestly OCV pretty well on his own a lot and then you have not one but TWO of the game's strongest come back heavy hitters. Tons of damage and crap to run from outta those two. His Shen Woo is pretty sweet. I dig his HD combos a lot.

Well to be fair, when I fight a kid it's a no-win situation, plus the pressure is 2x on me than the kid.

That kid fucking destroyed some of the people who basically taught me the game, even though I had heard about him before I was like wtf.
The trolling is still in full force here, I can't stand that shit.

Shadow780

Welp, my self-deprecation joke dropped hard HD combo style.

I don't see anybody trolling here, this is one of the nicest OT threads ever.

except Fersis

Welp, my self-deprecation joke dropped hard HD combo style.

I don't see anybody trolling here, this is one of the nicest OT threads ever.

except Fersis

Ah, I didn't mean this thread, sorry about that. I meant here in Paris where people spent the last two days like "lolololo guys who spent 30 years playing KOF and dedicating their lives to it got pwnt by a ten-year-old". People hardly talk about the actual matches at all.

Ah, I didn't mean this thread, sorry about that. I meant here in Paris where people spent the last two days like "lolololo guys who spent 30 years playing KOF and dedicating their lives to it got pwnt by a ten-year-old". People hardly talk about the actual matches at all.

Haven't seen the video yet; do you think Wawa was underestimated when stepped up? A fresh face with skill happens all the time in my experience. I at least have hope for the future of the playerbase with him, his age group and ours. "If a 10-year-old can do it, you can too."

Haven't seen the video yet; do you think Wawa was underestimated when stepped up?

If you mean by his opponents, definitely not, they know about him and how he qualified for his spot in the team in the most legit way.
People talking shit were mostly spectators who really like the narrative I described above (people popping out of nowhere beating dedicated veterans), and surprisingly one of his own teammates as well.

A fresh face with skill happens all the time in my experience. I at least have hope for the future of the playerbase with him, his age group and ours. "If a 10-year-old can do it, you can too."

I've been told he doesn't use frame data. The guy can basically WIN at a level where it matters without something I need to be barely able to PLAY. His usual competition isn't even the best available yet he managed to learn enough to reach such a level. That shit is just both impressive and depressing at the same time.

BadWolf

I've been told he doesn't use frame data. The guy can basically WIN at a level where it matters without something I need to be barely able to PLAY. His usual competition isn't even the best available yet he managed to learn enough to reach such a level. That shit is just both impressive and depressing at the same time.

Some people just naturally take to some things better than others. I suck at math and yet there are kids doing it at university level, I ain't losing any sleep over it.

Didn't Daigo also start beating ppl and then winning tournaments at a very young age? Same with Chibita (Virtua Fighter player).

Bad of me to say, but I'd be genuinely impressed if Wawa picked uncommon characters, definitely other than EX Iori or Shen, assuming what someone told me is right and that's who he picked up.

My bro picked this up on XBLA durin the sale. We're pretty new to these kinda games so it'll be curious to see what needs doin to get competent.

BadWolf

A member from MMcafe posted this from a French site:

We told you in November that Masao Ohata took over the reins of SNK Playmore after two disastrous years for the video game under the governance of Ryo Mizufune.

Indeed months are several sources ( compiled by a member of MMCafe) had come aggravate an already very pleasing more regarding the video games division of the company. Last departure date: Yoshiyasu Matsushita (series producer Dokimajo but also product manager Kof XIII) in the course of 2012 along with new rumors of ending the division games.

According to our sources asked about this, however, there is reason to hope a return to normal: the division of SNK Playmore games is in poor condition but still exists, and a handful of people working on restart. Some of its members are traveling between Japan and the USA / Europe to promote division and the new boss seems motivated to resume.

If we may wait a little longer before we see the effects of this new policy, the prospect of SNK Playmore back a bit harder game is already a good thing.

Here's hoping.

Top Bottom