• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Host advantage or is it equal this time? I just tuned in now.

He didn't mention host advantage. He just said it felt like the input lag was reduced as the match progressed and that if felt pretty good overall. However the game had to sync for a few seconds before the match started

shaowebb

yeah guys The Runback is happening right now, get hype with us.

Holy crap that was a hype tourney. Reynald went into LOSERS in round 1 vs Trophy Club and later top 3 is Mr Kof, Trophy Club and Reynald.

Insane matches from them and Trophy Club looks legit with his Duo lon/Hwa Jai/Chin team. Especially those last two! No drinks needed from Chin and his backup team managed to really harsh Reynalds Ash team ...Trophy put Chin first, used drinks to keep it scary, Hwa Second doing his thing (Poke Slide Poke Slide Poke Slide GO CRAAAAAAAAZY!~Hwa Jai) and added SHEN WOO in last to deal with the Ash fire.

Great stuff tonight. Catch the archive and watch Trophy Club and Reynald along with all of top 3.

Cafe ID has also been playing the beta. The online looks very smooth against a 4 bar opponent, but that might also be because of gdlk Korean internet.

shaowebb

Hopefully they get that net code sorted out. It's the only way I'll ever learn this game. It's mad fun but I'm a training mode rat on PS3.

mZLyhNN.jpg

BadWolf

Come watch the KoF Runback !

EDIT: Oh man MR KoF up first!

So many good matches, thanks for posting.

Looks like Reynald has started experimenting with Ash.

Favorite moment was when he was playing with Ash against an Athena:

- Ash messes up his Sans-Culotte combo
- Athena does Ex fireball
- Ash throws a fireball
- She runs behind her fireball and does an EX teleport
- Ash does the Sans-Culotte finisher and goes through everything and nails Athena out of her ex teleport

mjontrix

Netcode has... IMPROVED EVEN MORE WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!

1 Bar has gotten near passable! REJOICE!

Still lags and you'll get smashed to pieces but it's improved since day 1 - they're really serious about it. I don't think they can improve it any further and the rest just relies on the user's physical distances between eachother...

Onemic

Netcode has... IMPROVED EVEN MORE WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!

1 Bar has gotten near passable! REJOICE!

Still lags and you'll get smashed to pieces but it's improved since day 1 - they're really serious about it. I don't think they can improve it any further and the rest just relies on the user's physical distances between eachother...

v5 hasn't been released has it? Because if it's 4.1 the impressions ive been hearing from most is that it still isn't up to par yet.

mjontrix

v5 hasn't been released has it? Because if it's 4.1 the impressions ive been hearing from most is that it still isn't up to par yet.

This is coming from someone in Aus who barely plays anything serious online due to lag when using most US servers - it's pretty good!

My only complaint is that it still needs a bit of work (there's something that feels off), but then again I'm not sure if that's due to physical distance or netcode. HAVING SAID THAT I don't play KOF competitively and it is my first KOF game so YMMV.

Onemic

this beta has a looong way to go before it's in a playable state. Judging from most people, 4 bars is almost like offline and 3 bars and under YMMV. It can range from pretty good to unplayable even on 3 bar.

Problem is that it seems that the restrictions for 3 - 4 bars is really tight. 4 bars seems like it's limited to someone around your city, with 3 bars being your state/province and possibly surrounding states depending on connection strength. This would suggest that most people will be playing 2 - 3 bar connections, and if that isn't at the very least playable,(2 bars) then I don't have high hopes for the online come release. It's improving though.

they should've opened the beta up to at least 1000 people. 300 is not anywhere close to enough imo.

shaowebb

Tried to send Juicebox a message via steam but hadn't friended him yet. I doubt this will remain unknown though. Glad the beta is extended and they are pushing this as hard as they can. I'm gonna check the KoF crews on facebook and dreamcancel to see if there are any impressions on v5

EDIT:

Crap! Someone reminded me on Steam Juicebox is out until Thursday because he's moving. Also I think Cafeid lacks matches because theres not a large pool of players in Korea. They really need to open this beta up to more testers...

shaowebb

Got some impressions from a few players on facebook. They're claiming the 1 bar has greatly improved. Not much else was said though since there wasn't many people to play and test things

Beta has too small a testing pool :|

SO THEY ARE GIVING AWAY BETA KEYS ON THEIR KOF-i FACEBOOK PAGE!!!

HGMHW-I37EH-FBITP
9QKJD-RJLXK-YM56T
ZG0NK-6TICN-5Y0WQ
YF96Q-RPK8D-KJPH0
C3DEH-DEXJA-6F6KT
PWR5B-84GNF-6P80D
K62Y0-GYFCP-0KMI2
GJ4Z6-TMNE5-HPC9T
8FIP8-BLA7G-BZQRP
47CBD-XXPTG-QPG95
03YYH-9Q6J0-2WAP4
92MB4-E8MIY-7M93R
THEZK-ITNP9-DWW8G
X2EBP-EBMCQ-V5YF9
VZGPR-2TJJ4-J9IN3
4DJRN-54576-K497N
RC54H-I9KIM-920NY
GYR0Z-4JLMK-T76J5
LVIMI-B6WM5-V2M2V
58AXN-8DWW2-4YH4W

https://www.facebook.com/KOFiforiPhone?fref=ts

Onemic

Based on CafeID's playthrough of v5, 1 bars are still absolutely unplayable and 4 bars are still gdlike. I've yet to see them play 2-3 bars where I'm most interested in seeing the netcode performance as that's the most critical range for SNK to improve on imo.

Horseress

Based on CafeID's playthrough of v5, 1 bars are still absolutely unplayable and 4 bars are still gdlike. I've yet to see them play 2-3 bars where I'm most interested in seeing the netcode performance as that's the most critical range for SNK to improve on imo.

1 bars is not supposed to be playable, it's not a palpable objective. They need to focus on 3 and 4 bars, and as it looks like (I didn't got a key yet...) it's going well and with more beta time, it will only get better

Onemic

1 bars is not supposed to be playable, it's not a palpable objective. They need to focus on 3 and 4 bars, and as it looks like (I didn't got a key yet...) it's going well and with more beta time, it will only get better

Oh ya, I'm not expecting 1 bar to ever be playable. Since its already been confirmed from multiple people that 4 bars is almost like offline, all they really need to improve are the 2 - 3 bar matches, which are iffy right now. If they could make 2 bars playable and 3 bars good, then the netcode will be a success. As it stands now it seems that 2 bars is unplayable and 3 bars is sometimes playable, sometimes good, sometimes unplayable.

Onemic

Seems like SNK has allowed those who preordered the game to preload it. Some cafeid guys were saying that they can actually open it, but I can't confirm anything as I'm still downloading.

EDIT: I think I can confirm that those that preordered can indeed access the beta. The same thing happened to horseress and he has access to the beta.

IF YOU HAVE PREORDERED THE GAME YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE BETA!!

Seems like SNK has allowed those who preordered the game to preload it. Some cafeid guys were saying that they can actually open it, but I can't confirm anything as I'm still downloading.

EDIT: I think I can confirm that those that preordered can indeed access the beta. The same thing happened to horseress and he has access to the beta.

IF YOU HAVE PREORDERED THE GAME YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE BETA!!

That's amazing, I pre-ordered but was pretty sure I wasn't going to get in. This changes everything though.

Onemic

the 2/3 bars ive played were not playable to me. I've yet to face a solid 3 bar, all the 3 bars ive played change from 2 - 3 continuously.

Keirnoth

Banned
I really wish SNK would drop the damn "bars" for actual ping times. One can use logical deduction to know 1 = bad but 4 = good but HOW good or HOW bad. I'm able to play on GGPO with people who have 210 ms ping with zero input delay and very little rollback, so I want something I can compare the netcode against - I don't want to have to ask people for their IP addresses just so I can get some sort of gauge when it comes to ping times.

shaowebb

I really wish SNK would drop the damn "bars" for actual ping times. One can use logical deduction to know 1 = bad but 4 = good but HOW good or HOW bad. I'm able to play on GGPO with people who have 210 ms ping with zero input delay and very little rollback, so I want something I can compare the netcode against - I don't want to have to ask people for their IP addresses just so I can get some sort of gauge when it comes to ping times.

You wanna know something specific...CHECK THIS SHIT OUT

Dude who works in IT in real life is in the Beta and has this beta hooked up to shit he uses, posted a full technical breakdown of monitored traffic and connection from his matches, and he shows up to update. Currently he's communicating with SNK Jace directly. Currently 3 bars is anywhere between 0-2 frame difference maximum. Also because someone posted that link now everyone can view the closed beta forums lol

shaowebb

You hear that Juicebox? As soon as you pop back online tomorrow once your done with the move you will have people to play and it will be on a much improved (according to feedback) V5!

Horseress

Till yesterday, the max number of people playing the game was 29, and right now there are 250 people playing :lol

Love this game <3

Onemic

just played another 2/3 bar. This time it was much more playable, almost felt like a 2 bar on sfiv. Could have been better even, but I'm not sure because I was getting my ass handed to me the entire time.

Keirnoth

Banned
just played another 2/3 bar. This time it was much more playable, almost felt like a 2 bar on sfiv. Could have been better even, but I'm not sure because I was getting my ass handed to me the entire time.

To me, playable means zero input delay. Anything above zero input delay is unplayable for me.

Onemic

To me, playable means zero input delay. Anything above zero input delay is unplayable for me.

then only 4 bar is playable atm. 3 bars feels like a low end 2 bar on sfiv for me.

With SNK extending the beta another week, theres still hope they'll be able to improve the netcode even more.

Top Bottom