• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

ToD_

I ordered the game back in July from Amazon and it's apparently being shipped today with 2nd Day (Prime) for a delivery on the 29th. I guess they're not doing release day delivery? Pretty disappointing that with Thanksgiving it won't get here until next week!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I ordered the game back in July from Amazon and it's apparently being shipped today with 2nd Day (Prime) for a delivery on the 29th. I guess they're not doing release day delivery? Pretty disappointing that with Thanksgiving it won't get here until next week!

They did do release date delivery; my copies are already out for delivery. I have Prime too and release date delivery was offered for free as always, but I had to change the shipping speed in the order...no idea why they didn't change this for everyone automatically.

15 min break from work, so I ran down 5 blocks in a busy downtown intersection, went into an underground mall, picked up my pre-order, and dashed that 5 blocks again, and now I'm at my desk with two mins to spare!

POWAAAAAAAAA GEEEYYZZZAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Skilletor

This and Tekken Hybrid today. UMvC3 last week.

FIGHTING GAME HEAVEN!!!

I don't have enough time to play all of these games? WOE IS ME #firstworldproblems

15 min break from work, so I ran down 5 blocks in a busy downtown intersection, went into an underground mall, picked up my pre-order, and dashed that 5 blocks again, and now I'm at my desk with two mins to spare!

POWAAAAAAAAA GEEEYYZZZAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Awesome! I took half a day off and I'm busing downtown to grab mine. Excite!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I rather like these Netcode impressions from Japan, provided by the Professor:

Some stores in Osaka and Tokyo got the game. Tokyo's reportedly sold out. Here's a report by two players that tried playing each other.

Player1: Osaka, optic fiber, TV display lag about 2F
Player2: Nara, optic fiber, TV display lag unknown but playing on a Regza's game-direct mode
Distance between two cities is about 60km/37miles
PS3 Version.

Player Side 1P:
"The Lag is about the same or shorter than playing on a blue Vewlix cabinet. No hiccups, you can block normally. Probably about the same lag as SSF4. Synching does not happen if the opponent has the game installed (in other words, the synching is simply waiting time for the opponent to load their game) Game loads in 2 seconds after the characters are selected, load time between characters are under a second. In the arcades, I couldn't do combos on the Blue Vewlix so I wish there were no lag at all like NeoGeo Station.""

Player Side 2P:
"This is the first time I've played a fighting game online. It felt a little bit stiff to jump and stuff than the arcades. My Kuhadan> Breaking> Zaneiken> EXZaneiken whiffed, but this might be possible once I get used to it. My opponent could actually do Shen's HD combo and do delayed inputs. I don't know how to install."

So the verdict seems to be that, on 4 bars, it's arcade quality gameplay. A blue Vewlix is the cheaper standard cabinet for TypeX games. Its LCD monitor has about 2 frames latency than the normal red cabinet.

Lothars

This and Tekken Hybrid today. UMvC3 last week.

FIGHTING GAME HEAVEN!!!

I don't have enough time to play all of these games? WOE IS ME #firstworldproblems

I know this is off topic but what is Tekken Hybrid? It looks like it's Tekken Tournament HD and that makes me really tempted to get it.

Skilletor

I know this is off topic but what is Tekken Hybrid? It looks like it's Tekken Tournament HD and that makes me really tempted to get it.

It's a pretty cool package:

It's got TTT HD
TTT2 Prologue which is pretty much a demo of TTT2 with 4 playable characters (ALisa, Ling, Devil Jin, Devil Kaz)
and the Tekken CG movie

TTT HD + Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D movie + TTT2 demo.

I mostly want it for delicious 1080p, 60fps TTT

Or this.

Now I'm going to change my avatar. Goodbye Strider. :(

Do we have anybody who made KoF avatars?

HAPPY RETURN OF THE KING DAY EVERYBODY!!!!

I'll be getting mine later today but then after that lab work and more lab work. I gotta get Athena, Ash and Kensou ready for the big time. CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!!!

I know in my heart that numbers don't mean a thing and IGN is a cesspool, but back in the day the gave KOF XII got a "6". The core gameplay of XIII is so much improved over XII, but even with all the new modes it only gets bumped up to "7". Maybe if XIII didn't have an arcade mode or boss to fight it would have scored higher due to saving the pathetic reviewer from his own shitty fighting game skills.

Sorry to bring it up again. Go read that SRK review instead.

For those that have the game, is Joe's taunt the ass flash?

If only! Haven't seen his taunt though.

Grokbu

Whoa, this sounds absolutely great!

Sure, they have better internet infrastructure, but the good thing is that you CAN have good matches if the connection is good.

If they had bad net play it Japan there was no hope for us .
They suppose to have much better internet than most of the world .

Any way still on track to get the game today , man i really hope this works out .

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For those that have the game, is Joe's taunt the ass flash?

He punches a hand into an open palm, cracking his knuckles. It's like the old "*punch hand into palm* -smack smack- OOoooRA!" From the Fatal Fury 2 days.

Whoa, this sounds absolutely great!

Sure, they have better internet infrastructure, but the good thing is that you CAN have good matches if the connection is good.

If they had bad net play it Japan there was no hope for us .
They suppose to have much better internet than most of the world .

Any way still on track to get the game today , man i really hope this works out .

-nod- Yup. THey even had problems with XII's netcode, however, so it's good to see the tech behind it is solid. They still consider it "SSFIV" quality, which is solid enough for a scene to form around, I'd say, especially considering KoF's not as timing-intensive on a majority of it's gameplay.

Sounds like good times ahead... going to pick up my copy soon, so I'll actually have first hand impressions for the first time since Otakon! XD HWA, VICE, MAXIMA (and 90% of the cast)!! SOON! SOON! -takes very calm breaths... REALLY!-

I gotta say, when i put in the soundtrack and started listening to the tracks as i got home, everything just felt right and I had a big grin on my face.

Thank god this game came out. Renewed my XBL so ill be online to fighting

Superior KOF97

Like both :)

confetti.gif
joe-moon1.gif
joe-mooninaway-cvs.gif
mai2k2-butt2.gif
confetti.gif

I love living near an amazon factory, free shipping, says 2-3 days, always day one anyways.

I wish they'd let you do customer pick up. My copy shipped yesterday from Seattle to Seattle and UPS is bringing it a few blocks up the road to probably stick a stupid info-notice on my door (which the wind will probably blow away). There's an ad on the UPS website that makes fun of the fact that the wind blows the info-notices off your door and tells you to upgrade to some shitty special service. Go to hell UPS.

Dave Long

Banned
My Friends List is full... but I will be playing this game on Xbox 360. So look for Dave Long when you're online. Hope to get some rounds tonight. I block well. LOL!

Just played though training and arcade mode. I haven't touched a KOF game in ages (aside from previous game's demo) and I was always just a casual player, but I'm really impressed by the quality of this one.

Being more of a Fatal Fury fan, I did arcade mode with Terry (my main), Andy and Mai. Terry seems to be as awesome as always. Glad the Rising Tackle is in. I didn't get much time with Andy and Mai because I got though most of the fights with just Terry, but design wise they're solid. WTF did they do to Yuri though? She's all head.

I was a little disappointed by the final boss and wish the cutscenes had voice acting though (there's a point where trying keeping it retro just becomes silly) as they were a little hard to follow with so many characters talking the subtitles being too fast.

Definitely gonna have to read though some of the tutorials in the OP. I'm a little confused of how all the various supers/bars work.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I ordered with Free Super Saver Shipping from Amazon, but it got delivered today. I think that's the first time that's ever happened. :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Perhaps release day delivery was free? It was for me. Then again, I am on Prime.

My order still reads Free Super Saver Shipping, and I never bothered changing it. It's pretty awesome if they auto upgraded me upon seeing I pre-ordered. I wasn't expecting to get the game until next week, so I'm happy.

I got mineeeee! Picked it up at my local gamestop. Didn't preorder and still got the OST, pretty psyched about that. Just been doing a bunch of missions with various characters. Benimaru and Ash are just <3333. Joe, Kula, and K' I havent quite gotten the hang of but I used them in 98/2k2 so it should just be a matter of time. From a match perspective I probably know the most about them but combos come easily to me with other characters so we'll see.

Also Daimon. Got damn. Most fun I've ever had with a grappler.

So as a big street fighter 4 fan, who isnt too fond of the speed and huge combo strings and constant air juggles of mvc3 or blazblue, where would this game fall into this range? I like shorter powerful combos, weightiness, strong hitting specials. Would this game interest me?

Top Bottom