• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

He‘s manly enough to not give a fuck what everyone else thinks :p

Also, one has to be manly to
willingly erase yourself out of existence for the woman you love.

Arklite

Has anyone had any luck with USB Saturn controllers working with KOF XIII on PS3? My Saturn pad works with Virtua Fighter 5 and BlazBlue Continuum Shift but refuses to respond for this game.

branny

So is this game footsie heavy or do you rush it down like crazy out there? Also are we talking long combos without burning that Hyper thingy or are we talking SF one-sy two-sy small combos and seperate here? Also how powerful is zoning in this?
It's actually a bit of all of that. If you've practiced your links, have enough meter for DM/HD crap, and can make your way into a corner, you can mount a pretty considerable assault no matter what character you play as. The pace of the game is generally more like SF's back and forth with smaller combos (most BnBs are like 3-4 hits without wasting meter) and emphasis on proper spacing. KoF, however, encourages being aggressive while also remaining mobile. Things like rolling and hopping will force you to stay on your toes.

But isn't Ash Crimson's favorite hobby getting his nails done?
I can't think of anything manlier than being courageous enough to waltz into battle with perfectly pretty nails. He must spend so much money maintaining those suckers. :p

Has anyone had any luck with USB Saturn controllers working with KOF XIII on PS3? My Saturn pad works with Virtua Fighter 5 and BlazBlue Continuum Shift but refuses to respond for this game.
Is it one of the official SLS ones? I will give it a try tonight and report my findings.

Arklite

Is it one of the official SLS ones? I will give it a try tonight and report my findings.

Yeah, it's official.

Terareflection said:
Any controller/converter/whatever without a PS button won't work with the PS3 version, I have mentioned this before about my ps2 to pc converter.

So it's confirmed these pads won't work with KOF specifically? They work with other PS3 games, which is what confuses me.

Shadow780

Done with Ranked Matches, 10-win streak trophy was a bitch, no more suffering through 3 bars and less.

Clark's autoguard grab is amazing.

Dandy J

No, they were banned because it was released after the cut off date for DLC.
I'm talking about all tournaments, not Evo. Every DLC character that came out, organizers had a grace period to make sure there weren't any game breaking bugs before they allowed them. For example fireballs randomly would pass right through Freddy before they patched him.

Please clue me into this, or at least point in the direction where I can read up on them. Thanks!
I never read it anywhere, just something I've learned back then in the arcades. I'll give you a example. Kyo has a super that goes like this "D,DB,B,D,DF,F+P" They want you to cancel that in the air with a reverse dragon punch motion light kick. You don't have enough time to do all those motions. So what you do instead is, after you do your reverse DP motion with light kick, do a "B,DB,D,DF,F+P" motion right away, and you'll get the super art to come out. Same with DP. Instead of doing it like this "F,D,DF+P" Do it like this "F,D,DF,F" then go straight back and do the motion i mentioned earlier.

The timing is different with this one, but you'll get it. Elizabeth, has a cancel that goes like this, DP motion with P into a fireball motion with P(Her swipe). If you do all of that fast, you're going to get her super(2XQCF) So to get that cancel, you do this instead. "F,B,DB,D,DF,F+P,P" and you get the cancel. Clark has a 2 hit chain combo into his super(2X-F,DF,D,DB,B) You don't have enough time to do all of that from the chain(TOO FAST!). So what you do is, once the first hit, hits. Start the first motion before the move recovers. Do the same for the second attack, and press punch right away, and BOOM, super. I've learned this by playing Fei for years. If I find some guide online, I'll post it. Unless someone could go more in depth than me. that would be awesome. Hope this gives you an idea.

shaowebb

Is there a Brady guide for this? Anything on par with the bible used in UMVC3 and Vanilla would be good for learning priorities and frames.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have a proposal for IPW.

Since dumbass Art already bought a copy when I told him I was going to get him one, I'm thinking of giving it away. But I'm going to make it interesting.

Perhaps via IPW, make some sort of contest. Cosplay KOF and send in pictures. Winners will be chosen by a group of people.

To make it even more interesting, I'll throw in more stuff to complement the game. 360 version by the way.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Since dumbass Art already bought a copy when I told him I was going to get him one, I'm thinking of giving it away. But I'm going to make it interesting.

Perhaps via IPW, make some sort of contest. Cosplay KOF and send in pictures. Winners will be chosen by a group of people.

To make it even more interesting, I'll throw in more stuff to complement the game. 360 version by the way.

GAF IPW Fersis here.
Awesome stuff Kadey, you should PM haunts with the idea to make sure he reads it.

European Stream (exdragonproject)

K.Sabot

I was practicing whiff throw set ups for an hour before I found out that putting block reaction makes them throw invincible...

GrayFoxPL

Any controller/converter/whatever without a PS button won't work with the PS3 version, I have mentioned this before about my ps2 to pc converter.

WHAT??????????

Oh my god! That's the worst news of the year for me. I only play fg with my usb logitech precision, because it's only one with good dpad(and I have no option for saturn usb).

What the fucking fuck SNKP?!

Oh God! So depressing...

Might as well not buy the game, I don't have anything other to play with.

Wait, I got ps2 logitech precision and converter(bit laggy...) where "analog" acts as PS button.

Will that work Terareflection??

That's hilarious. Was the entire roster's movelist printed on like 1.5 sheets?

Whats funny was that the guide wasn't only just good for KOF XII but KOF in general as it explained all the subsystems in great detail and really broke down the characters properties for normals, specials, and supers as well as strats for beginner/intermediate/and expert. It was written by at least 1 guy who posts regularly from SRK and was overall a really good KOFXII and general KOF guide.

Korigama

But isn't Ash Crimson's favorite hobby getting his nails done? (no shit lookit up on his bio online)
Manly men would be Ralf/Clark and K 9999 if he ever came back with his Tetsuo powers. Dude's drill arm was nice.
I'll give you Ralf and Clark, but K9999 was never manly...ever (and I take quite a bit of pleasure in the fact that SNKP erased him from the series altogether).

shaowebb

Oh wow thats awesome Kadey. Its been awhile since I cosplayed, but theres one of me as Terry Bogard at a Con if it matters.

115492.jpg

It was only a quickie cosplay sadly.
Nothing like my Crashman Cosplay!
U0u2l.jpg

dRc3K.jpg

Korigama

Wasn't that a necessity more than anything. I recall hearing rumblings of legal action.
I don't recall threats of legal action being anything more than rumors (not to say it couldn't have been something to potentially concern them). I would think at least some disdain for the character would be involved in completely undoing anything remotely connected to him, as Nameless is portrayed as a completely different person in respect to backstory (being the 9,999th Kyo clone aside, with also having been cloned from K' accounted for in his case), characterization, and appearance (equally short height according to the bio, though). Either way, whatever their reasons, K9999's never coming back.

GrayFoxPL

I don't recall threats of legal action being anything more than rumors (not to say it couldn't have been something to potentially concern them).

Oh ho ho! I do!

I remember few years ago there was some kof anniversary and an official site was created with kofs history etc. There was subsite for every character and it included comments from the creators. In k9999 case it was all about the legal problem, so bad they've wrote things like "...character we can not name..." etc. Basically the info about him was: "shhhh...we can not talk about it.".

Wonder if that site is still somewhere, there were cool things about Mai Lee, Angel.

Korigama

Oh ho ho! I do!

I remember few years ago there was some kof anniversary and an official site was created with kofs history etc. There was subsite for every character and it included comments from the creators. In k9999 case it was all about the legal problem, so bad they've wrote things like "...character we can not name..." etc. Basically the info about him was: "shhhh...we can not talk about it.".

Wonder if that site is still somewhere, there were cool things about Mai Lee, Angel.
It was the KoF 10th anniversary site, which is still around. One could infer legal concerns, particularly with them emphasizing how "no other character has such obstacles against him appearing in KOF again", but there was still never anything reported publicly about the Akira people taking action. To add, though initially they had character art of him from his appearances in the series, they erased it from his page on not only the Japanese version of the site, but the English one as well after 2002 UM came out.

kunonabi

Man that sucks about the pad problems. Good thing I got the Xbox version since I'm probably getting a saturn pad to play AH3 with.

GrayFoxPL

It was the KoF 10th anniversary site, which is still around. One could infer legal concerns, particularly with them emphasizing how "no other character has such obstacles against him appearing in KOF again", but there was still never anything reported publicly about the Akira people taking action. To add, though initially they had character art of him from his appearances in the series, they erased it from his page on not only the Japanese version of the site, but the English one as well after 2002 UM came out.

Come on, they basically say k9999 is "you know who", because, really he's a carbon copy. You think they wouldn't use him again after they admitted he was very popular in Japan and Korea if they didn't get serious legal warnings?
The fact it wasn't made public doesn't mean Akira guys didn't take action.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I scanned some of the impression, seems like the net code is little worst than SSF4:AE.

Sorry I guess I won't be joining you guys. Been big fan of KOF, but I just can't drive 1 hour just to play fighting game with a small group of people anymore.

Seems like this game only targeted toward Japan and Korea, people with country-wide fiber optic...

Korigama

Come on, they basically say k9999 is "you know who", because, really he's a carbon copy.
Quite blatant, really. Not sure why you seem to think I don't know already this.
You think they wouldn't use him again after they admitted he was very popular in Japan and Korea if they didn't get serious legal warnings?
Can't say I care. Plenty of popular characters without any obstacles alluded to, still doesn't mean they use them either.
The fact it wasn't made public doesn't mean Akira guys didn't take action.
Took action, threatened to take action, it makes absolutely no difference. Whether legal action came to pass, or they feared it may have potentially happened if they kept using him, is completely irrelevant (if anything, it would have made more sense to sue SNKP before they even started using him in the first place, let alone had a chance to put him in two games).

The only important thing to take away from this is the fact that they will never bring him back.

dock

Going to try to force my friends to play this on Friday. My copy shipped, so should be here by then. I fear they'll be reluctant. :(

I'm getting flashbacks of spending a fortune to import KOF 97 on the Saturn, and my group of friends didn't like it and would only play Street Fighter Alpha 2. :(

I got to show this off to people at work today and everyone loved it! Old KOF fans dug it and were so happy that it felt like the classic games and it even pulled some attention away from UMvC3. The fact that its not a tag game threw some people off, but once they gave it a shake they were all about it. Three people were saying they'd pick it up this weekend.

I got to show this off to people at work today and everyone loved it! Old KOF fans dug it and were so happy that it felt like the classic games and it even pulled some attention away from UMvC3. The fact that its not a tag game threw some people off, but once they gave it a shake they were all about it. Three people were saying they'd pick it up this weekend.

That's good to hear. I hope my friends get into this too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Where do you work? @__@

Top Bottom