• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

BadWolf

Hey, either we played Tuesday night or I saw your nick in the games list.
We should totally do it again, or do it for the first time tomorrow night. I'm in Toronto, and I'd like to try a few things to ensure I get the best connection possible. PSN is SteakJuice.

Word of warning, I'm terrible.

Yeah, we should play for sure. I'll be on lots today when I get home and whole lot over the next 3 days as well (long weekend for me).

Mad that Benimaru doesn't have his hurricane kicks and Ralf doesn't have his drop kick anymore!!! :(

Ralf plays like a whole new character now pretty much, much better than his old self imo. His pressure game can be pretty crazy.

AAK

Ralf plays like a whole new character now pretty much, much better than his old self imo. His pressure game can be pretty crazy.

Hmmm, it's just not my style. Guess I'll look for a replacement.

BTW any tips on how to do some of the trials that have multiple charge attacks like Ralph, Clark, and Leona?

I was there, had to leave early, thought I played terribly. I was super-depressed afterwords at how I couldn't get anything to come out period. You overused that parry though in casuals. I think I might have just gotten downloaded, which happens- it's entirely your own fault when you get downloaded, but it's usually fixable.

Hey man! Great stuff, I certainly wouldn't have made it as far as I did if you were planning on sticking around longer, that Ralf you had was serious business.

Yeah I probably used Ryo's parry more than I should have but a lot of it was simply experimentation for seeing when and where it worked best, this was literally my first time playing KOF in an offline competitive environment (just played on GGPO before hand).

It's clear to me that you know a really diverse set of characters and the casuals we played before hand really got me in the right mentality for the matches I had in the rest of the ranbat. Thanks for the tip and hope to see you at more events!

Happy Thanksgiving KOF Gaf.

The good
tumblr_lv6droGCzg1qhhv13o1_400.jpg

The bad
I'm so busy right now that the most I can do right now is listen to The King of Soundtracks :(

The good
I'm gonna listen The King of Soundtracks :D

Wow, I never noticed Shermie at the french stage. She now cancels out all the "unpleasantness" of that stage.

And what about Vanessa/Ramon/Seth?

Also
"Also, do not cheat when playing online and be corteous to your opponents when using XBOX LIVE! If you don't, justice may come find you!" Oh Kim XD Really loving this manual, it's full of color, amusing chibi characters giving tips, has a Mai flip animation on the corner, and it gives some nice weight to the box that most other manuals this gen don't.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wow, I never noticed Shermie at the french stage. She now cancels out all the "unpleasantness" of that stage.

There's cameos all over the place, sometimes depending on the round being played...not just from KOF, but other SNK games like Garou, Metal Slug, and Samurai Shodown too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
There's cameos all over the place, sometimes depending on the round being played...not just from KOF, but other SNK games like Garou, Metal Slug, and Samurai Shodown too.

Hey man time to changer your avatar. ;)

BadWolf

right, I went to his 10th and did C > df C > HD Cancel to C df. C with no problem.

It's his AAB HD Cancel that standing C always comes out automatically.

It means you are hitting BC too late.

If you hit BC the instant an attack connects your character enters HD mode and does an automatic dash forward and you can input an attack. If you hit BC late then the character goes into HD and standing C comes out automatically.

It means you are hitting BC too late.

If you hit BC the instant an attack connects your character enters HD mode and does an automatic dash forward and you can input an attack. If you hit BC late then the character goes into HD and standing C comes out automatically.
Yup.

Mature

Yeah, there seems to be so many stages in XIII... And they're all beautiful too. I think the back alleyway one is my favorite despite not a lot happening in it. It just looks so nice. I can also appreciate the different sounds used for walking and running depending on what the character is wearing on their feet. Love those subtle touches.

One cameo baffles me: the dojo where Khushnood Butt is sitting. Behind the display with the swords at the bottom sometimes it slide open and someone appears. Can't tell who, though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
One cameo baffles me: the dojo where Khushnood Butt is sitting. Behind the display with the swords at the bottom sometimes it slide open and someone appears. Can't tell who, though.
I read somewhere that its Malin from KOF 2003. (Worst KOF character ever)

Top Bottom