• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

alstein

So is there anyway to unlock the Esaka 96, Mr.Karate Temple, and Iori95's stage for use in any game mode? I've come across karate and iori stages randomly online but I'd like to use them for like my training mode stage or something akin to that. I remember seeing pre-release streams of the game with access to Esaka and such for what looked like versus mode but haven't seen them anywhere else.

Buy the DLC chars. It's part of the package you buy.

I'm going to refuse to do that now until there's at least some effort given to a netcode patch.

I was really hoping to see netcode comparable to SF3, or maybe Street Fighter 4. This is a shambles. :/

I'm playing the game on PS3.

I have the game installed, yep, but I can't imagine why this would have any influence on netcode.

There have been reports of the game being marginally better if both players have installed the game. That's why I am asking if your opponent has the game installed as well.

Skilletor

Played this with my friend who I play all other online fighters with. In every other game, we have an amazing connection.

KoF13, nope.

Netcode sucks. Luckily trial mode is fun and the game is gorgeous. This is, however, the last money SNK will get from me.

Takuan

I was just playing with PSN ID DevouredWolf. Got raped hard. I can't do any combos online.

On the bright side, despite frequent pre-match synching, the performance was the best I experienced so far. Had trouble getting supers out, but that might be my execution or just lack of familiarity with them (a lot of the time I'd forget if it was qcf, hbc or the other way around).

Just went wired connection, maybe that'll help things. If there are any other recommendations to optimize my connection, I'd appreciate the pointers!

Just played against a 2-bar player. Didn't really see a difference between the 3-bar in terms of lag.

Playing against a 1-bar now.

Alright, after having played 3 individuals with 1-3 bars with no perceptible difference in lag, I don't know wtf is up with this game. It's definitely more playable than it was yesterday.

Had some friends over and we played the whole day .
It so good that KOF is back i don't see my self playing any other fight game for a good while.
Online need a patch thanks god i got off line comp.

Shadow780

I was just playing with PSN ID DevouredWolf. Got raped hard. I can't do any combos online.

On the bright side, despite frequent pre-match synching, the performance was the best I experienced so far. Had trouble getting supers out, but that might be my execution or just lack of familiarity with them (a lot of the time I'd forget if it was qcf, hbc or the other way around).

Just went wired connection, maybe that'll help things. If there are any other recommendations to optimize my connection, I'd appreciate the pointers!

Well the general thing you can do is assign a static ip to your PS3 and put it in DMZ mode to open all the ports. There's plenty of youtube vids on how to do that.

Beyond that it's YMMV really.

Ken

Having a tough time getting into KoF. Movement, attacks, and hops feel really weird. Any tips/guides for someone whose only fighting game history is a little SSFIV and UMvC3?

I've seen the video on the SRK Wiki but that didn't help a whole lot for me.

zlatko

Banned
Having a tough time getting into KoF. Movement, attacks, and hops feel really weird. Any tips/guides for someone whose only fighting game history is a little SSFIV and UMvC3?

I've seen the video on the SRK Wiki but that didn't help a whole lot for me.

Practice?

No one becomes Justin Wong over night, and since you have very little 2D fighter history to begin with, you are still wet around the ears.

Training mode, training mode, training mode. Practice BnB combos. Things you feel comfortable doing, that give you great damage. Build up on those as you go.

The best advice I can give in any fighter is to improve your defense. If you don't know what the enemy is doing, how do you know how to not get hit by it? Defense isn't AS important as it is in SSF4, but if you are constantly on the receiving end of combos, then odds are you don't know when to block/how to block it, and then when to start your offense to do those combos you practice.

Good luck. You'll get as much out of it as you put in.

I've only had like 4 matches online, but I couldn't do anything on reaction on any of them. Still, part of it is because it looks like I'm cursed to not be able to find good connections like on BB so far, and the one 3 bar match I had I'm not sure how much I can blame Mexican internet :|

Played some offline with a friend and had a real blast. I haven't played mature in any other KOF but wow is she fun in this one.

Also, I've always dug leona in every KOF, my favorite move being her jumping C+D attack. I love it even more in XIII. Does anyone know where/how I could get a sprite shot of leona doing a jumping C+D attack? Looked all over google images but to no avail, I would accept a 2k2 sprite as well! I need an avatar!

I'm not sure I understand you on that.

What's the motion for his DP drive cancel in reverse DP kick super cancel into DM?
What trail is that? Don't recall. Anyway, when it comes to stuff like that, you have to the this motion"F,D,DF,F(P),DF,D,DB,B(K)"Let me test that out to make sure. But that's what I remember right now.

Just got my copy delivered a a few hours ago. The pre-order soundtrack is really great, and the packaging and full color manual (with flipbook Mai) is quite nice.

I'm sorry to hear that online isn't shaping up to what people were expecting, hopefully they'll have a fix for that. But since I rarely (if ever) play fighting games online, it won't really affect me.

With UMvC3, Tekken Hybrid and this, my month is looking very fighty. :D

Story mode, here I come!

Quick question about arcade mode, does anyone know how to get the bad ending? I've never seen anyone get it during the whole year the game was at my arcade.

Disregarded post for scrubbery~

Ya know it'd be nice if things like "Late HD activation gives you HP right away" were put in the ever so useless tutorial mode.

So i final figure out short cuts for the game and how they work.
I doing combos rather easy now and having so much fun coming up with new ones.
So fucking good.

Well, Dark Ash's AI was easier to exploit than I thought it'd be (on the default difficulty at least). Just make him block a jump attack, he'll inmediately try to counter after he's out of blockstun so just do st.C or something into combo :|

Dandy J

afaik that doesnt have anything to do with using a macro, thats just what will happen if you cancel into hd late in the cancel window of a move.

Rhythmic

Does anybody else have issues finding games to play? It is almost as if the game is a graveyard for me online. Barely can find any games in either ranked or player matches and when I do most of the time it is with 1-2 bar connections.

Few times I've found somebody with a good connection in playermatch I still can't get any real games in since they get bored of playing me after one match and leave since they are much better than I am :(

Volcynika

I played online with xero some earlier, I didn't think the netcode was that bad (we had a 2 bar connection).

Though I am completely terrible at this game and still trying to decide what characters to use (never played Kof).

Does anybody else have issues finding games to play? It is almost as if the game is a graveyard for me online. Barely can find any games in either ranked or player matches and when I do most of the time it is with 1-2 bar connections.

Few times I've found somebody with a good connection in playermatch I still can't get any real games in since they get bored of playing me after one match and leave since they are much better than I am :(

Not just you :(

I'll give it a few days until more people get it though...I'm still screwed since my best connections will always be Mexican internet though >___<

SUPARSTARX

I've given up on finding matches. I cannot find many good ones.

So I've been creating ranked matches while going into practice mode. Hopefully the people joining me will be cherry picking full green bar connections.

BadWolf

Really?

I go to player match then create a custom room and hit practice. 9 out of 10 times I can't get past the character select screen without someone challenging me, literally takes seconds. It has been this way since Tuesday for me (when the game was released).

Don't find, create rooms.

Takuan

Really?

I go to player match then create a custom room and hit practice. 9 out of 10 times I can't get past the character select screen without someone challenging me, literally takes seconds. It has been this way since Tuesday for me (when the game was released).

Don't find, create rooms.
Didn't see you online earlier, I played online for about an hour. I haven't trouble finding games, except on one occasion where the only game available was full. Then I did as was suggested and created a room. the weird thing was that I'd only get challenged after starting practice mode, never within the lobby screen, and not once was able to pass character select as several have mentioned.

The story mode in this game is quite excellent. I was not expecting to see so many different scenes, and having all the different branching points and the character interaction is really great. This is what I want from my KoF, and it's definitely not disappointing me so far.

Quick question about arcade mode, does anyone know how to get the bad ending? I've never seen anyone get it during the whole year the game was at my arcade.
I got it my first time through Arcade. I just used a random team and was playing on very easy.

I don't remember doing anything special though. I didn't get game over and I used hardly any special moves at all. All my matches I got a B ranking.

alstein

Not just you :(

I'll give it a few days until more people get it though...I'm still screwed since my best connections will always be Mexican internet though >___<

I think this game is going to end up boned online- the bad rep of the netcode spread really quickly. The Atlus guys seem to be getting snippy also because FG fans don't settle for things as much as other console gamers these days.

Create Room is a problem because 1-bar folks always join, even if you set the request to 3-bar.

BadWolf

Didn't see you online earlier, I played online for about an hour. I haven't trouble finding games, except on one occasion where the only game available was full. Then I did as was suggested and created a room. the weird thing was that I'd only get challenged after starting practice mode, never within the lobby screen, and not once was able to pass character select as several have mentioned.

Sorry man, usually when I'm on I get challenged right away so %99.5 of the time I'm in a match. We should set up a time or something.

I think this game is going to end up boned online- the bad rep of the netcode spread really quickly. The Atlus guys seem to be getting snippy also because FG fans don't settle for things as much as other console gamers these days.

Create Room is a problem because 1-bar folks always join, even if you set the request to 3-bar.

You do know you can remove people from a room if you don't want to play them, right?

Just came back from a session. Created a player match and hit practice, moved the character select cursor a few places and got challenged by a 1 bar. Removed him and hit practice again, got challenged by a 2 bar and had a few matches before he left, then hit practice again. Within seconds I was playing a guy with 3 bars, we played 15 matches in a row before I ended the session.

So... yeah.

Tizoc

*'noms on an apple*
*crunch, munch*
...Oh hey there
*crunch, munch*
K00nz.jpg

*crunch, munch*

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Congrats Tizoc!

Fluttershy > all

BadWolf

^Enjoy man, this game is too good.

PoongKo streaming some KOFXIII
Practice mode right now, cant watch im at work -__-

He already has combos down and everything, his Kyo is a beast in particular (just like in XI). His team is similar but he went with Takuma for 3rd, probably because of those long ass death combos.

Glad I ain't the only one messing up on continuing after using Takuma's f+B in a combo, he was constantly missing it as well.

Tizoc

If KoF 13's in EVO 2012 and PoongKO is in the tourney...the final matches are gonna be EPIC!
Gah when's my bro gonna finish playing so I can wreck him with my team of Hwa+Orochi Doppo+MAKASHIMA X3

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dont know if this was posted but there is a new blog post:

Translation by MMCafe's Professor
  • The staff are enjoying the reviews and comments from overseas.
  • They've seen the Atlus combo videos and wanted to do something even better, but they're overdoing it and it didn't make it on time for this week's update.
  • So instead, they're showing off the invitation envelope which'll hold the Flame Iori DLC card, and they're also showing the box (bulkier than real product fake item) and that'll be used by stores for promo.
  • They're also mentioning that some XIII related contents are up on PSNStore and the X360Marketplace. In reality, it's only available in the X360Marketplace. 2 Themes, each 240 MSP.

%E5%A3%81%E7%B4%992.jpg

%E6%8B%9B%E5%BE%85%E7%8A%B6_%E8%A3%8F.jpg

dock

Is there a track listing for the soundtrack CDs?

The Rising Star Games (European) version of the soundtrack doesn't say anything on the box. It's a pretty ugly box, with a low resolution jpeg image printed on the cover, and lots of links to their Twitter accounts. :/ Disappointed that we didn't get the same quality as the USA one, I'm starting to wish I'd imported from Atlus instead.

Also, it could just be my iTunes rip, but lots of the tracks just seem to stop mid-song rather than ending or even fading out. D:

Top Bottom