• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Is there a track listing for the soundtrack CDs?

The Rising Star Games (European) version of the soundtrack doesn't say anything on the box. It's a pretty ugly box, with a low resolution jpeg image printed on the cover, and lots of links to their Twitter accounts. :/ Disappointed that we didn't get the same quality as the USA one, I'm starting to wish I'd imported from Atlus instead.

Also, it could just be my iTunes rip, but lots of the tracks just seem to stop mid-song rather than ending or even fading out. D:

Wow, that sounds like a really tacky package.

kunonabi

Got my copy and I'm loving the manual. I also picked up a neo geo pad for the ps3. Needed a pad for AH3 and I'm on a neo geo kick right now.

Good thing I have Zelda to keep my busy until I get home.

Soundtrack packaging is nice although the cds are really wedged in there.

Got my copy and I'm loving the manual. I also picked up a neo geo pad for the ps3. Needed a pad for AH3 and I'm on a neo geo kick right now.

Good thing I have Zelda to keep my busy until I get home.

Soundtrack packaging is nice although the cds are really wedged in there.

Where did you buy the Neo Pad? I've been looking for a second one, but they seem to be long out of print.

alstein

Hopefully SNK gets the message that people love everything about this game but the netcode.

This game kinda is falling into the MK position of being a great game hampered by substandard netcode.

Tizoc

Huh...they removed Takuma's command grab I take? I tried doing the motion and nothing happened ?_?
Thinking of maining Kyo now tho.

BTW how do I get the trophy for completing Story mode? I swear SNK's mediocre English translation leaves much to be desired.
If this game does well I hope Atlus do the translations for their future games.

Lothars

Hopefully SNK gets the message that people love everything about this game but the netcode.

This game kinda is falling into the MK position of being a great game hampered by substandard netcode.

I actually think this game is better than MK, yeah the Netcode isn't very good but I actually like the fighting system. I hope they do improve it though.

Olaeh

I just quit in the middle of a match because it was so laggy. The guy probably thought I rage quit lol. overall the matches haven't been as bad as some are saying.

Huh...they removed Takuma's command grab I take? I tried doing the motion and nothing happened ?_?

Takuma's hcb+K is still in if that's what you're referring to.

I'm currently going over the whole cast to see their options against the Saiki setup I mentioned the other day. Results aren't exactly what I expected, but it's great to learn so much about the game from just that.

I'm currently going over the whole cast to see their options against the Saiki setup I mentioned the other day. Results aren't exactly what I expected, but it's great to learn so much about the game from just that.
LOL, I'am doing the same thing as well.

pelican

Picking this up on Wednesday when I get paid. It is disappointing to read comments here about poor net coding. Would love to play some decent KOF online.

I've the worst internet but I can play people in my region fine. You can't drop out of ranked matches even if you see 1 red bar, so no ranked for me.

alstein

Picking this up on Wednesday when I get paid. It is disappointing to read comments here about poor net coding. Would love to play some decent KOF online.

You should be able to find a few opponents who you play well with , just not a large number.
People are sticking with this game despite the netcode, since it is quite solid.

My only gameplay criticism is that I wish the special move detection worked more like KOFXII, I could do combos more easily in that game.

Tizoc

Odd I could've sworn it wasn't in the command list @_@

Some of these missions are friggin' absurd...

N4Us

FinestKO will be streaming the first RAMNation ranbat for KOF13 tonight at around 10 PM PST. Tune in and watch me still hopelessly play Leona.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Yeah I have like 120 matches under my belt online and while there have been some hiccups its good enough to get some good match up experience and even practice hitconfirming a lot of combos. Doing HD combos seems to be a pipe dream though. heh

FinestKO will be streaming the first RAMNation ranbat for KOF13 tonight at around 10 PM PST. Tune in and watch me still hopelessly play Leona.

Good luck, dont think Ill make the trek this time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
And some Benimaru?

My copy has arrived =)
img0147nj.jpg

I havent played KOF in long time. My first team is probably going to be King, Elisabeth, and Terry. Probably gonna end up doing some color edits first though lol

Had some near lagless online matches earlier, feels good. Hopefully there's a patch coming so we can have more of those.

Also I've only tested the setup on half of the cast so far, will do the other half tomorrow. Break AB is always an option, but other than that, Benimaru and Joe especially are so fucked, lol. Elisabeth only needs one meter to punish the attempt for 200 dmg, guess she'll be part of the characters who'll just get the regular confirm into DM. Kyo's NeoMax won't work, but the instant version of EX Orochinagi will. I'll need help to properly assess the situation for Duolon's EX teleport and Daimon's EX Roll (though I expect the latter to be able to cancel into a grab before Saiki can do anything).

BadWolf

I watched part 2 in its entirety and my mind has been f-ing blown.

The level of this guy's execution is insane, the pace at which he plays is crazy. Looks like he knows how to play at a high level with damn near every character in the game, not only that but he is making sure he knows 100% combos with all of them.

Don't think Claw Iori is a threat? Watch this guy and be afraid.

At around 1:16 of the second part he plays a guy who OCV's him with Duolon with little effort. What's interesting is not that Poongko downloads right away and wins the next match but that in consequent matches against the same guy he makes damn sure he can easily take out that Duolon with each of his mains single handedly (first with Kyo, then K' and then Takuma).

SF4 must play in slow motion for this guy.

So a friend brought over his stick today and it really did made things easier for me .
I really need to get one but they cost so much down here like $200 plus way to much for me right now.
Still i want get better and pad getting my way .

Just fired up the game. Installing as I type this. Had to fix my PS3 and get it off CFW to play it properly (certainly not worth the hassle anymore).

And hot damn, does it not disappoint. Such glorious 2D all over my face. LOVE LOVE LOVE all the little visual touches. I would say the blur is a little jarring when you see their winpose, but that's such a minor gripe.

Just a question though, I thought I'd go into tutorial mode, and did anyone else have trouble doing the Hyperhop? I swear I KNOW I'm doing it right (different, deeper sound effect opposed to a regular jump) but it won't register properly as complete.

Tizoc

Yup, it's only useful on drive cancel, from his F,B,F+P. The way it should be.

Super Turbo buffering FTW, yo. Check this link out that someone posted earlier.

http://dreamcancel.com/2011/10/09/the-king-of-details-3-buffering-tricks-and-motion-shortcuts/
Very helpful.

Thanks, I know about Kyo's:
RDP, HCB+P that would have him cancel his spin kick into super =)

BTW for Ash's missions/challenges:
Back+LK-->flash kick is A LINK. Charge motions in KoF only take 1 second I believe.

Top Bottom